• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I'm sure I'll grab a few of these. I admit, I'm one who lashed out at all the warp speed stuff that was coming out. So I'm definitely excited about a new fairway, even though I wish it was going to be closer to a speed 7, since Teebirds & Eagles make up a bunch of my shots

I'm sure I'll grab a few of these. I admit, I'm one who lashed out at all the warp speed stuff that was coming out. So I'm definitely excited about a new fairway, even though I wish it was going to be closer to a speed 7, since Teebirds & Eagles make up a bunch of my shots

It IS better than another speed 12/13...

this does not appear to have been posted yet but discgolfsweden has the following flight ratings for this disc

Speed 8
Glide 6
HSS 0
LSS 3

so even though a 1.9cm wing it is apparently a Spd 8 (maybe a thicker nose profile?)
0 turn would be solid as would the 3 fade
and if it does have that extra glide while being truly HSS of 0 then perhaps this might be a great disc after all

So, a notch faster, and a notch more stable, than a Teebird, with more glide?

Give me this in EZE plastic and I might need smelling salts.

Hmm. Maybe it would be like a glidey Pred-Teebird hybrid. lol

At first I thought this would be a great combination, but after thinking about it, I am not so sure I would want this. The runs of Strikers from 6 to 18 months ago were very Predish. They had a little turn, maybe -1, more like -0.5, so initially the Saint sounds straighter, but with the fades so close in similarities, where would the Saint truly excel where the Strikers would not? Tunnel shots maybe. Someone with mild OAT issues? Okay, I can buy that. But unless this has some insane glide like the River, I do not know if they are really accomplishing much with this disc.

What I am ultimately looking for is a disc that can handle some power (and therefore clean but not necessarily perfect form) without turning and without fading. Hnadling tunnels shots are a definite must, but when I am looking for placement, it is so much easier for me to throw fast and level than flexing an overstable disc and finding the right anhyzer angle or throwing level (thus keeping it low to the ground) with a hyzer for a hyzerflip (not talking about a hyzer spike).

I already use the Axis, TeeBird, and Sword which have the numbers I am looking for, so I am not at a loss if the Saint does not live up to the comparison of being like a TeeBird. Yet I love Opto and VIP plastic, especially the day glow or dark blue colors. They really stand out. I use Star TeeBirds because I do not like Champion that much (although I am trying to break in a new Champ TeeBird because I like the dye and the weight). Having a Lat/ Westside option would be awesome.

At first I thought this would be a great combination, but after thinking about it, I am not so sure I would want this. The runs of Strikers from 6 to 18 months ago were very Predish. They had a little turn, maybe -1, more like -0.5, so initially the Saint sounds straighter, but with the fades so close in similarities, where would the Saint truly excel where the Strikers would not? Tunnel shots maybe. Someone with mild OAT issues? Okay, I can buy that. But unless this has some insane glide like the River, I do not know if they are really accomplishing much with this disc.

What I am ultimately looking for is a disc that can handle some power (and therefore clean but not necessarily perfect form) without turning and without fading. Hnadling tunnels shots are a definite must, but when I am looking for placement, it is so much easier for me to throw fast and level than flexing an overstable disc and finding the right anhyzer angle or throwing level (thus keeping it low to the ground) with a hyzer for a hyzerflip (not talking about a hyzer spike).

I already use the Axis, TeeBird, and Sword which have the numbers I am looking for, so I am not at a loss if the Saint does not live up to the comparison of being like a TeeBird. Yet I love Opto and VIP plastic, especially the day glow or dark blue colors. They really stand out. I use Star TeeBirds because I do not like Champion that much (although I am trying to break in a new Champ TeeBird because I like the dye and the weight). Having a Lat/ Westside option would be awesome.

It living up to that 6 glide would be key. That would be amazing for a stable to overstable disc.

Those ratings do make this disc much more apealling. I've been on the fence about buying a pred or firebird for a while, but now that this is coming out I know what my next purchase will be. (It takes me a while to pull the trigger on buying discs, even if they're only $10-20)

Those ratings do make this disc much more apealling. I've been on the fence about buying a pred or firebird for a while, but now that this is coming out I know what my next purchase will be. (It takes me a while to pull the trigger on buying discs, even if they're only $10-20)

I am the other way around. I need to tell myself to stop buying discs even though they are only 10-20 dollars each. I should know better that this eventually, and quickly, adds up. I do not have a lot of money, being a teacher and having a family, but every so often I think I can convince myself that I can splurge a little bit.

Rarely can I purchase just one when I am in the store. I usually pick up a back-up for something I already have along with the one I am trying out. And then, if I like this new disc I usually run out and buy one or two more within a week or two just in case I were to lose that original disc. Most recently I did this with the Blizzard Boss, VIP King, VIP and Tournament Sword, VIP Giant, Soft Anode, Star Lycan, and Eclipse Axis.

Throw on top of this that someday I would like to purchase some nice KC Pro TeeBirds. I know they run for 30-60 dollars each, but then I sit down and rationale that 30-60 dollars can buy me 2-5 new stock discs.

The only disc I have purchased recently that I have not immediately went out and purchased another is the Champion Mamba. I like it, but I some how I found the will to not purchase another one for my smaller bag (I use a Carolina and a NutSac).

Needless to say that I have a ton of discs in my trade bin that I am taking to the next disc swap in my area in hopes of unloading a few things so that can support my disc buying habit, not my checkbook.

Are we taking into account that Lat/Westside like to over-inflate their speed ratings?

The flight ratings for this disc sound very promising.

Are we taking into account that Lat/Westside like to over-inflate their speed ratings?

That's actually a really good point. Most of their speeds are about one higher than conventional listings, right?

True that, i do hope the 0HSS rating is true to the flight at least.

I've not thrown the Striker, but I would definitely say that the Halo, Flow, TM2 Bolt, Sword, and even the Giant I got from you Huk are speed overrated.

Fairway stuff seems to be a little closer to their advertised speed, but I still feel like they could be a little bit overrated.

Latest posts