• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

Do you guys feel that the 9 speed Striker is really an 8?

I think 9 is pretty accurate. Unfortunately, Strikers are hard to pigeonhole because of the inconsistencies that developed. To me, widthwise, it feels like a 10 in the hand because of the diameter, but if I'm not mistaken it's really a 9 rim width.

12-05-22 - Latitude 64° Saint
Latitude 64 Saint was approved by the PDGA last weekend. It will be a driver competing in the same span as Innova Teebird. You could call it a more stable version of the River; the flight rating is set to Speed 8, Glide 6, HSS 0 and LSS 3.
Some more numbers:
Outside diameter: 21.2 cm (max weight 176.0 grams)
Inside rim diameter: 17.4 cm
Height: 1.9 cm
Rim depth: 1.2 cm
Rim thickness: 1.9 cm
Flexibility rating: 8.85 kg
Rim configuration rating: 29.25

Find more info about the Latitude 64 Saint here soon.
:thmbup:

My guess is will be a little less stable than they say, and have a little less glide. Still a very decent sounding disc. BUT, if it is what they say, then it is a Teebird with more glide. Wow. Could be special. I'll grab one just in case.

Sounds like a nice disc. Numbers don't make a lot of sense though. You'd think with a rim of 1.9cm and a huge glide rating you'd end up with a flight closer to that of a speed 10 than a speed 8. Must have a giant dome and some crazy stabilizing features that slow it down, but keep it nice and stable while gliding...

Speed rating is intended to be an index of how fast the disc needs to be thrown for it to achieve its hss/lss stability ratings, not how wide the wing is

Speed rating is intended to be an index of how fast the disc needs to be thrown for it to achieve its hss/lss stability ratings, not how wide the wing is

Well, sort of...Sidewinders and Roadrunners are rated as speed 9 even though they have 1.8 cm wings. I think it's due to the fact that they have great glide and their distance potential is closer to a Valk than an EL, not because they require a higher cruising speed than other speed 7 discs to get them to display their advertised flight characteristics.

Similarly, the XXX and Trident are rated much slower than their rim width would suggest, and it's not because you don't have to throw them hard to get them up to speed. Their distance potential is really limited and so they get rated slower.

In any event, I'm quite interested to see what this disc looks like. It's certainly got some desirable flight numbers.

Well, sort of...Sidewinders and Roadrunners are rated as speed 9 even though they have 1.8 cm wings. I think it's due to the fact that they have great glide and their distance potential is closer to a Valk than an EL, not because they require a higher cruising speed than other speed 7 discs to get them to display their advertised flight characteristics.

Similarly, the XXX and Trident are rated much slower than their rim width would suggest, and it's not because you don't have to throw them hard to get them up to speed. Their distance potential is really limited and so they get rated slower.

In any event, I'm quite interested to see what this disc looks like. It's certainly got some desirable flight numbers.

Very well said. Best explanation of speed ratings I have read.

i've already got some paypal socked away on picking a few of these up. i think a heavier opto and a lighter gold line would work well together. the disc looks like it will be a bit slower than a pd, but hopefully doesn't overlap too much.

The two are not mutually exclusive though.

anyone throw a riot? Saint is sounding like it may be a slower riot with a bit more glide which i would love. my 176 opto riot was the most accurate disc in my bag for most shots up to 350'. released flat and it would fly dead straight with a very consistent and reliable fade. After about a year its beat in to still have no HST unless thrown into 20mph+ headwinds. Im hoping it has the + mold rim too, every lat disc with this rim has great glide and releases out of the hand so clean (except when overpowered, sometimes come out early but usually only happens with the halo for me since im trying to hyzerflip it for mad distance). Im definately going to be picking up a max weight opto saint to try out, really hoping it beats in to retain its HSS and beat out some LSS to make this a very straight flying disc