• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Leopard replacement

Try the gstar Leo, maybe a little lighter weight, and it'll work in before too long. If you can find a beat up star TL those get pretty understable like a good Leo and feel very similar in the hand.

Patriot. Or if you get lucky and find a heavy domey F7, it works well, but the thin F7s are super flippy.

Patriot, F7, Diamond (if you want a different kind of understable fairway flight)

The Truth has replaced my CFR Leopard, it throws almost the same, but I don't have to worry about nose angle as much. When I throw it hard, it goes straight and pretty much the same distance.

Now, When I used to play in tight wooded courses, I had a dx leopard that I would hyzer flip and carve sweet lines with, it would skip too, that is something a mid range can't replace.

But if you want a fairway driver like a leopard, get a Discmania FD.

I think a g-line leopard is probably hte best bet. I bet you'd like a G-Line FD. In ~165 grams, it should be about leopard stability.

Try the gstar Leo, maybe a little lighter weight, and it'll work in before too long. If you can find a beat up star TL those get pretty understable like a good Leo and feel very similar in the hand.

I think a g-line leopard is probably hte best bet. I bet you'd like a G-Line FD. In ~165 grams, it should be about leopard stability.

Agree that GStar Leopard or G-Line FD might be the best. I use the Star TL extensively, and IMHO it does not get as understable as the Leopard... and won't for a considerable time. Then once you get that TL beat in, you could lose it and have to start over. IMHO, just go with the Leopard.

Just go with the Underworld man, it's like a (really) flippy Leopard right out of the box

Agree that GStar Leopard or G-Line FD might be the best. I use the Star TL extensively, and IMHO it does not get as understable as the Leopard... and won't for a considerable time. Then once you get that TL beat in, you could lose it and have to start over. IMHO, just go with the Leopard.

Being an old mold first made for dx plastic, Leopards are just all over the board in stability with different plastics. TL is a longtime favorite and it'll definitely get leo-ish after awhile, just takes time. I've got one that looks smooth and fine but I've used it quite a bit over the last 5-6 years and it's flippy like a pro leo now. Love the star but the champ is money when you power it up. FD is definitely a great disc, too. Haven't thrown those in my own bag but the couple I tried seemed less understable like a champ leo. Could almost pick out the right Warship and get a similar flight, just a different feel.

I've been trying a z buzzz ss and a z meteor, both max weight and slightly seasoned, in place of my pair of *Leopards and loving it!

I am trying to learn forehand during the winter (so far I have only used forehand flicks with putters with good but short success) using Pro Leopard, but I would like to have something even more grippier with same flight pattern (dead straight). It seems that not many slow understable/neutral drivers are produced in base plastic (dx-like yes, but not like BT Soft, 300S, XT etc).

I am trying to learn forehand during the winter (so far I have only used forehand flicks with putters with good but short success) using Pro Leopard, but I would like to have something even more grippier with same flight pattern (dead straight). It seems that not many slow understable/neutral drivers are produced in base plastic (dx-like yes, but not like BT Soft, 300S, XT etc).

You might try a Star Mako3. I've been working on my forehand, too, and the Star Mako3 was surprisingly good for me. If you have one or can borrow one, you might give it a whirl...