• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard3

How does the L3 compare to an FD? Pretty similar?

I would compare a seasoned sfd to a fresh champ leo3. Decent turn and just barley comes back at the end. Also I would say the leo3 would be just a bit longer as well.

I can't wait until I can actually frickin throw again.

Attachments

• 20160309_163348.jpg
    20160309_163348.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 116
My Leo3 is stealing more and more shots from my FDs, I find it a bit longer on harder throws, but also easier to power down into a laser beam. Depending on how this star beats in I might grab a champ and if they can kick the FDs out altogether.

Think you'll be throwing at all this summer?

I got the green light from my surgeon yesterday to start easing back into things, and I specifically asked about disc golf. So, yes, but to what extent I'm not entirely sure. I don't imagine I'll be fully back to throwing normally until the year after, but I do think I'll be throwing in some capacity this summer.
A lot will depend on my ability to trust my arm again mentally.

But his green light prompted the GGGT stop on the way home. Little reward for PT diligence. :)

I got the green light from my surgeon yesterday to start easing back into things, and I specifically asked about disc golf. So, yes, but to what extent I'm not entirely sure. I don't imagine I'll be fully back to throwing normally until the year after, but I do think I'll be throwing in some capacity this summer.
A lot will depend on my ability to trust my arm again mentally.

But his green light prompted the GGGT stop on the way home. Little reward for PT diligence. :)

Good luck! I hope to hear good things in the future!

Picked up a Star one a few weeks back and been throwing it in place of a regular Star Leo. Noticeably faster and a bit more glide. A bit flippier than the regular Leo, but thrown in a tailwind or on a hyzer line with room to turn and come back it goes quite far. Easy distance on a less than full-powered throw and a bit of hyzer.

Got a Glow Leo3 over the weekend at a tourney, anyone tried one yet?

My previous comment in this thread, I love my glow and it is a keeper:

In my experience, yes. Order of stability (OS to US): Glow champ, champ/star, gstar.

The glow champ is actually the same at high speed as star or champ, but it has a fair bit more LSS so it fades a lot more. Star and champ seem about the same when new. Hoping the champ holds more fade as it wears and that the star beats in to a sweet flip machine. The gstars are very inconsistent, much like the regular gstar leos I have. They go from TL-like to straight up flip no matter what. The more dome, the more stable. I am hoping to try out a colored glow champ soon. The colored glow thunderbird is my new favorite workhorse driver and the color glow roc 3 has edged my first run G* out of the bag for overall feel and good turn vs fade.

I am definitely going to keep the glow l3 in the bag as a replacement for my pre barry, nearly the same flight as it wears in and wind doesn't blow it around as much. The g*s will be traded or thrown over water. The stars will probably end up replacing my old star leos unless the color glows are as great as I hope. Champ is too glassy for good grip imo.

Anyone else rolling these with HUGE success? I am getting distance and controlled rollers like never before. This discs helps me trust my emerging rollers

I picked up one this week, first new disc in a long time.

I have an old PFN Star Leo that is flatter (it's actually WIDER than my other Leos) faster and less stable than any other Star or (when new) Pro Leos I've tried. I liked it so much I never threw it, I just stuck to beating in Pro Leos, losing them, rinse & repeat. G* came out, and the flight was just right but the plastic didn't agree with me.

My new Leopard3 is a dead ringer for that PFN Star Leo. Hyzer-flips and turnovers out of the box. None of that "surprisingly stable" crap, and doesn't really have that "more speed, less glide" effect that the other "3" discs have.

I've only tried the one, but if they're consistent then I think it's exactly what a premium Leopards should be. Great stuff.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but I have two FR champs sitting in the shed that Im hesitant to throw. Something about a bright FR champ disc thats pretty. Im wondering if they're any different in flight from the production ones. Ive had a couple other FR discs recently that were a bit more stable than they should be

ha i have a proto i bagged and a stock one i won't throw yet cause its too pretty. lol love the l3. paired with a domey champ leopard they are a great combo and with a tee bird all my fairway slots are covered.

I have a champ version and have given up on it. The disc is great for what it is and fly's well but that new champ plastic is poo-poo! Way to firm and slick as owl ****. That stuff just sucks, IMO.

I want to try a star version but I do not want to buy one sight-unseen because star tends to mold up domey. I am almost positive that a L-3 in star will end up being like a regular DX Leo.

ha i have a proto i bagged and a stock one i won't throw yet cause its too pretty. lol love the l3. paired with a domey champ leopard they are a great combo and with a tee bird all my fairway slots are covered.

Damn my bad... I meant proto. They're ones with the proto star stamp.

I have a champ version and have given up on it. The disc is great for what it is and fly's well but that new champ plastic is poo-poo! Way to firm and slick as owl ****. That stuff just sucks, IMO.

I want to try a star version but I do not want to buy one sight-unseen because star tends to mold up domey. I am almost positive that a L-3 in star will end up being like a regular DX Leo.

So its not just me. The plastic on these champs are absolutely turd. Hoping some scuffing up might be what it needs for the slickness but its way too firm anyway. Maybe so the trees just kind of snap when you hit them? Im going to try these out in star as well as I dont usually like champs in anything except mids and older fairways.

i agree its stiff but i get good grip on my protostar. the l3 and the jolly launcher it is made in has made me revisit some other jolly launcher plastic. i am however trending towards stiffer discs lately. i did sideline my champ during the winter months.

i have fondeled a ton of star l3 and they all seem flat the three i have are all identical in plh and dome to my champs.

Last edited:

Latest posts