• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Yeah I really wanted to order more of them but I'll stick with one for now. Hopefully it flies just like a fresh Lockjaw/Claws. Liquid Metal plastic is actually pretty good and definetly durable. My biggest concern would be lack of glide, like the Champion Polecats. Not that those Champ Cats were glideless by any means, but the lacked the typical lid glide for sure.

Chris said they're just as glidey, but I'm expecting a slight loss. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. I think a small loss will be a fair trade off for an huge durability increase.

that wasn't the case with premium touches either which had better glide in the premium blend vs baseline.

LMK when you get yours -- I am curious but have zero need.

That's true. The Liquid Touches were not only glidier, but they weren't as beefy when they slowed.

That's true. The Liquid Touches were not only glidier, but they weren't as beefy when they slowed.

I use a Liquid Touch for upshots and jump putts because its noticeably more understable in all aspects of flight than the Karbon Touches I use for putting. However, in my limited sample of Liquid Vein vs. Liquid Metal Vein I've noticed the LM Vein to be more OS, particularly in the high speed portion of flight.

I really wish Salient would get their **** together because they really do have some nice offerings. The Lockjaw is a great lid for me, and I think if more people would try it they would also get hooked on lids due to it being slightly more stable all around than a Polecat or Rattler et. Al. Hence, more forgiving.

Anyway, they won't be shipping these LM Lockjaws until next week, but I'm kinda hoping tbird gets one before us huddled masses so we can get a heads up on how they fly.

Noob here and this thread definitely caugh my interest as someone who threw conventional frisbees a lot as a kid. Just ordered the LM Lockjaw, a Polecat and Rattler. The short approach is my favorite shot so far and I'm thinking a lid is just what I need.

I use Liquid Touches a ton and for most putts and approaches to some extent. If any of you guys have some your keen to ditch PM me.

Really looking forward to the LM Lockjaw, I like the Claws(Gui as well if it comes to it) but as a thrower it reminds me of BT Soft. Flies the same for quite some time but looks like poo pretty quick.

Wanted some new Flatlines too but haven't seen any of those recently. I suppose I may just have to get a Dragon View from one of the sites that has them.

Noob here and this thread definitely caugh my interest as someone who threw conventional frisbees a lot as a kid. Just ordered the LM Lockjaw, a Polecat and Rattler. The short approach is my favorite shot so far and I'm thinking a lid is just what I need.

If you can rock that Rattler more power to you. I hate that thing.

If you can rock that Rattler more power to you. I hate that thing.

I agree. I think he'll find the Polecat and Lockjaw to be much better discs. Especially the Lockjaw with its pseudo "Rings Of Hedrick" on top.

If you REALLY want a disc that will feel familiar to Frisbee hands, try the Innova Sonic. I personally don't care for it, but both my daughter and dad love it and it gets plenty of respect around here.

Local pro uses a sonic. Man that thing is sweet. He can throw that on some insane anny lines. I was throwing a polecat for a bit because everyone loves them. But idk just didnt seem to do anything I couldn't get out of my nova really. Or a flick. Sonic seems like what a lid should be. Tons of glide and really floaty. I didn't feel like the polecat glided at all.

So I'm still in the market for a lid. I liked the feel of the polecat. Still haven't thrown a sonic yet except on a few putts while messing around with my buddy.

So I'm going to try the sonic next. Any other suggestions? Also what shots do you whip your lid out for? In my head it's for glidey finesse shots. Mostly annys. Is that why y'all use em for?

I drive with my Polecat quite a bit, and a lot of approaches. It'll hold anny shots for the most part, but it's honestly more of a workhorse approach disc and I use it for hyzers a lot. Especially slightly longer hyzers where I have no ceiling restrictions because I can get it up high and it'll just float and float on that hyzer line where an overstable disc wants to crash quickly to the ground. Also, some long putts.

It's situation-dependent for sure, but a Polecat is extremely useful beyond just throwing anny approaches.

Edit: For example, this is hole 26 at BRP. Sharp dogleg left, and OB long straight. On a hyzer line, the Polecat will float and float left instead of crashing quickly with say a Firebird or an overstable mid. People look at me like I'm ridiculous when I pull the Polecat out on this hole, but it works well.

538a50a6_m.jpg

Last edited:
Broken Shoulder has just about the perfect answer right there. One big thing I use the Lockjaw/Claws for as well is shots when I dont have room for any sort of reachback. Since lid discs respond more like a traditional Frisbee, you can actually get them to glide nice and flat for a long while with just a flick of the wrist..."flip flat, flies straight" and all that.

I don't use lids too much for strict anhyzers simply because they glide a little too well and pan very slowly. Once in a blue moon when I need that high, slow panning anny shot though...man lids are beautiful for that.

Just received my Liquid Metal LockJaw. HUGELY DISAPPOINTED!! Loved my Base plastic Lockjaw well the profile anyway as we all know the durability was crap. This thing is DOMEY. I mean huge pop top. Nothing like the flat base line onea. Its like a completely different disc.

Really bummed out on this waste of $20. For the Salient guys saying these molded up the same, Im calling complete BS

Where'd they say they molded up the same as Karbon? Chris and Scott both told me they were anticipating they'd be domey because the mold was designed for base plastic. They also confirmed it after they were run when I asked them.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually throw mine, but they are definitely domey. I'm hoping it translates to some extra glide without losing its HSS.

Just received my Liquid Metal LockJaw. HUGELY DISAPPOINTED!! Loved my Base plastic Lockjaw well the profile anyway as we all know the durability was crap. This thing is DOMEY. I mean huge pop top. Nothing like the flat base line onea. Its like a completely different disc.

Really bummed out on this waste of $20. For the Salient guys saying these molded up the same, Im calling complete BS

Want to send it to me? Ill at least comment on the flight.

Latest posts