• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lids vs Bricks vs Putters for approach

Lid vs Brick vs Putter

• Putter

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Brick

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Lid

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters
I love putters. Half my bag is putters of differing types.

Brick - CrystalFlx Zone, Opto Caltrop, Ricky Pig, JB Zone, Star Rhyno
Lid - DX Polecat, Star Sonic, ESP Rattler (sort of a lid)
Putter - Yeti Aviar, Electron Atom, DX Dart, Zero Hard Spike, Zero Hard Pure, KC Aviar, SS Wizard

Other putters will make their way in/out of the bag, but that's my core setup.

On an open course pretty much all of my approaches are with a Medium Harp. Throw it flat, account for the fade, and it usually ends up near the basket.

In the woods (where I play most of the time), nearly all approaches are with XT Studs (pretty straight) and I rarely throw the Harp unless I need to do something tricky.

On an open course pretty much all of my approaches are with a Medium Harp. Throw it flat, account for the fade, and it usually ends up near the basket.

In the woods (where I play most of the time), nearly all approaches are with XT Studs (pretty straight) and I rarely throw the Harp unless I need to do something tricky.

Stud is a nice disc people like for power putting like my brother. There is a reason a few pro's use the disc either for a long putter or power putting in DX/XT maybe R-Pro. Then some sponsored pros use other plastics for a true driving putter for the Stud. For me I do not like the square style to the rim, it feels off but I would then Use the Colt in G-Star if I did not have such a similar disc from Lighting #2 Upshot in Prostyle.