• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a well built quality smaller bag.

Mr. Butlertron

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I've been thinking of getting a smaller bag for 8-10 disc quick jaunts to the course, however one thing I've noticed is a big downgrade in quality the less discs a bag is made for. I was thinking about buying another Innova bag to replace one I bought in 05 because it's a quality small bag, but I don't think they make the same bag anymore. I'm wondering if the JuJu is similar. There is pretty much nothing on YouTube to go on for the JUJU. Anyone have some insight?

I've included a picture of my old Innova bag compared to a Discraft bag of similar size to demonstrate the sloppiness that a bag too wide can create and lack of form I'm trying to avoid.
imagejpg1_zpse012196e.jpg

I'd really like a Juju, the Voodoo bags I've seen (including my mojo) have been really nicely made, with excellent attention to detail. Additionally, they utilize (at least current ones) internal frames made from corrugated plastic. They're light, and since they're velcroed together are more rigid than you would think. Very nicely made, and retains the shape extremely well. I'd have liked to have gotten one by now, I have traveling to do this year and a small bag would be excellent.

F.A.D.E. Crunchbox: Well made, plethora of colors, not too big, extra storage, accommodates a 1L bottle... my son loves his.

Last edited:
If you'll consider another bag with a similar quality as the Juju, I would recommend Gorilla Boy's small bags. He has 1 (Spider Monkey) and 2 (Squirrel Monkey) water bottle offerings that hold between 8-10 discs with room for some extra. I've owned a Squirrel Monkey for several years, and I can't say enough good about it. I am now carrying a backpack bag for most rounds but still use the Squirrel Monkey on occasion. It's still like new.

The only downside is that you have to wait for the bag to be made. Considering how long you'll have it, I think it's worth the wait though.

Crunch box is a lot nicer bag than the two in the pic.
However, I am sure there are even nicer bags available.
But you will need to pay much more $.

I have an older Fade Crunch Box and a new Juju. The Fade is a good bag. I added a CPVC frame to it, and it helped a lot. I did notice the mesh pocket that is part of the lid has started to wear through, so I would not trust it with valuables.

I have only carried the Juju for one round (just got it for Christmas). The quality is amazing, very well made. the discs fit great. I have two complaints. First, the shoulder strap is too short, even then it's adjusted all the way out. I'm thinking about adding some carabiners as spacers. Secondly, it showed a tendency to fall over when I set it down. I think/hope this will resolve itself as the bag breaks in, but it was a bit frustrating to have the thing topple over every time I put it down. I'll keep an eye on that for sure.

Revolution makes (made?) a small bag w most of the features of their bigger bag: dual water bottle holders, lots of compartments for gear etc, just a smaller central area for plastic. No complaints about the one I have.

Go with NutSac Bags and never look back!

Yeah, I have one of these too (original single version). I love it for the rounds where I really want to limit my baggage (5 discs or less, no water). I leave it on while I throw and it's great. :thmbup:

I picked up a Fade crunch at Disc golf center for 30 bucks & free shipping. best price I've seen for a quality bag. I was looking at the nutsac 2.0 as well, but needed a little bit more junk space for the retriever and things.

Revolution makes the greatest small bags out there, bar none.

Revolution makes the most expensive small bags out there, bar none.

Quality
Performance
Price

Pick 2

Aren't the discs in the Discraft bag supposed to be oriented in the other direction?

My gf had been using my Revo Mini for a while, but now that its winter, she has more accessories and quickly ran out of space to stash stuff. I wanted to find her something that was small, but still offered some modicum of storage. I found the DGA Elite Shield bag fit the bill pretty well. I think its a pretty solid bag that flies under the radar for most people. Reasonably priced, fairly small and has some good features. One of the features is that it has movable dividers, so if you want to carry less discs, you don't have to worry about them flopping over. The only criticisms I have are the lack of color choices, and the strap is nothing to write home about. Otherwise though, I think it's well worth considering.

Ive been playing disc for a few years now, and still feel like my original nutsac was the best purchase i ever made for the sport. I would guess i have at least 500 rounds on the thing and it hasnt changed a bit. no rips, tears. just a touch of fading around the edges. Highly recommend, especially with the 2.0 having some updates i like. If you want to carry a water bottle just buy something easy to attach to the strap. done deal

Upper park focus. 2L Camelback for water storage. Lightweight and great design. Especially with the 2.0 design. Great customer service as well. Pricier for the small design, but worth it.

Cycle Innova standard bags. Cheap, easy to get and durable.

Looked into a a Nutsac once, none available, a waiting list if I wanted one and too much money for what it is.