• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

Has anybody had a chance to throw the Matrix in Neutron? Some of the ones I held had big domes, made me wonder about stability differences from the flat protons.

I picked up a 173g super domey Neutron Matrix with a "heartbeat" dome. It flies more OS compared to both my domed and flat Proton Matrix. I do not know how the flatter Neutron Matrixes fly in comparison. I might pick a flat one up this week to compare.

I have a 175g neutron that has a hint of more dome than protons.
Dont notice any difference in flight though, atleast not more understable thank my old ones

I picked up a 173g super domey Neutron Matrix with a "heartbeat" dome. It flies more OS compared to both my domed and flat Proton Matrix. I do not know how the flatter Neutron Matrixes fly in comparison. I might pick a flat one up this week to compare.
I feel very validated by your comment. That was my experience too. I wish I could find another domey matrix as my now lost disc was more high speed stable than my flat replacements.

Best thing about two Protons I have is them being flat.. can't imagine a Matrix being domey. Eww..

I had wanted to try a matrix for a while, but never had the need since I have a bunch of buzz's - I found one in a local pro shop while I was waiting to pay-to-play ---aaaand it was a Flat neutron 175g so why not. Got some work with it, first impression, it felt great. FLight showed a hint of turn but a fairly solid fade, it would compare the high speed to that of a slightly worked in buzz but the fade was that of a Wasp or Fresh Roc3. So its interesting. Im not kicking anything out or changing my life around it, but I really like it, feels nice, flies well, I like that unlike other mids it almost has a 'Driver-like' fade right at the end, great for a little skip if you need it. Definitely works angles well and can basically do anything. I guess the early runs and circuits were a lil goofy in proton and people said were almost too understable at times. I hope this flat firm neutron stays the way it is. Anyone else have much experience with the NEUTRON Matrix? How about the NEW Neutrons with the updated Stamps? Just curious, looking for a stable disc with a decent lil fade, IE a Buzzz that's a lil more OS in the end. So far I like it.

I don't have a Neutron yet, but I have a recent Proton and it's very much how you describe. A lot like the Bards I throw but with a year use on it.

As I build my gyro bag this year I think I will try to find another one.

So I got some more work with the Matrix (again mine is Neutron, Flat and 175g) Basically I will agree 100% with there numbers, 5/4/-1/2 - at first I kinda felt it was faster or longer than a buzz. but really. its not much different , instead of a line of 0/1 this is -1/2 so stability IS similar but the matrix with have a little flex, but it has held fairly OS in the last 20% of the flight. I really like it for upshots as powered down it has a hefty fade and a lil skip. I'm sure it'll work in a lil bit but I hope it holds for the most part - It was really nice for slight flex shots. Still liking it. Super comfortable to grip and forehand. I am not great at FH to begin with and for whatever reason I am really bad at FH mids. But this felt good. So yeah

I used The matrix a good amount yesterday. Had a few really nice shots with it. I love how at high speed it flies like a Buzzz but at low speed / Late flight / or just finessed it has a solid fade with a lil skip. Really liking this thing. I laced a slight turnover straight shot down a pipe and it faded just enough to skip forward, got the lone bird. It held up in most winds. When not fully powered it flew like 5/4/0/2.5 when piped 5/4/-1/1.75 - REALLY liking it. Gotta say I didn't think I'd find a mid I liked as much as the Buzzz or Wasp but the Alias and Matrix are a lot of fun and hit some good lines. Great mids.

I used The matrix a good amount yesterday. Had a few really nice shots with it. I love how at high speed it flies like a Buzzz but at low speed / Late flight / or just finessed it has a solid fade with a lil skip. Really liking this thing. I laced a slight turnover straight shot down a pipe and it faded just enough to skip forward, got the lone bird. It held up in most winds. When not fully powered it flew like 5/4/0/2.5 when piped 5/4/-1/1.75 - REALLY liking it. Gotta say I didn't think I'd find a mid I liked as much as the Buzzz or Wasp but the Alias and Matrix are a lot of fun and hit some good lines. Great mids.

Alias and matrix are the only mids I currently carry. No need for anything else currently.

Alias and matrix are the only mids I currently carry. No need for anything else currently.

I think I'll still carry either a Buzzz or something more OS, but I use a Zone and that's good for OS mids.

Yeah for sure an Alias and Matrix would do. Always depends on the courses and conditions. But glad to hear someone else digs this combo. :hfive:

Just got a Neutron Matrix this week and went out today to try it in a couple of rounds. I really like the feel of it, comfortable like my Buzzz but with a stronger fade finish. When Electron Matrix will be available, a combo with a Neutron and a beat in Electron Matrix could be interesting.

So this is a long and old thread, but I have a matrix question. I bought my first one many years ago. A Proton. It's dead straight and not what I was expecting at all. Like -0.5/0.5. I recently wanted to set up an all MVP/Axion mid lineup and bought a new Neutron. Holy cow that thing is stable. Like 0/3 easily. Did the mold change over the years?

Latest posts