• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

Almost sounds like a tweaked Tensor. How does it feel in the hand?

I hope not. MVP's weak spot is mid-range discs, with the Tensor being the worst. I would love to see a high glide and OS mid range from MVP; something along the lines of a bit more OS Kaxe.

Had some pretty good wind here so I decided to screw around in the field with the Matrix. I got to throw head, tail, and both cross winds. First, in a head wind this thing doesn't really turn at all. It also doesn't fade super hard in a head wind. I feel the Matrix holds up to a head wind a heck of a lot better than either the Tensor or Vector. Tail wind does stable the disc up some. More pronounced fade, at least for me. Cross winds this disc is fun. I watched it getting pushed up and down in a cross wind but it never strayed from the line it was on.

To me, this disc feels a bit faster than a Vector. A bit longer as well. It's actually sneaky long. It took me a couple of throws to really dial it in once on the course. And holy crap the Matrix feels wonderful in the hand. So much more comfortable than either the Vector or Tensor. As far as glide goes, this disc has a ton of it. Mine has just the tiniest bit of dome, like just above flat. And, this is some of the best proton plastic I have ever felt. The one I have is almost the Cole of the FX Amps blue. It isn't soft gummy, not hard like some of the volts I've held. Maybe medium proton if that exists.

All told, I think the Vector is out and the Matrix is in. I like the Matrix a lot better and can through it a lot more reliably. That big ass bead on the Vector screws me up a lot of the time. I still think MVP needs something more over stable. Something that will hook up a bit harder in a head wind. I will just rely on hyzer angle for that for now.

Went out for another round this morning and this disc is in the bag for sure. It is just a notch more overstable than a Tensor. Feels better in the hand. And seems to glide just a bit more. On overstable throws and drives I can nearly pin point this thing. At least it feels that way, which confidence is half the battle right?

Sounds intriguing, I'd try it.

I'll start being interested in this mold when it comes out in neutron. My favorite, non-putting, plastic ever.

I gave the Vector a good try. I really liked the flight but I just couldn't get past the bead.

I'll start being interested in this mold when it comes out in neutron. My favorite, non-putting, plastic ever.

I gave the Vector a good try. I really liked the flight but I just couldn't get past the bead.
I second that. Sounds like I want the disc, but I dislike proton.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So the Matrix has no bead, correct? I'm hoping it doesn't have that micro-bead like the Envy.

Played the Circuit yesterday. A breezy day, and the Matrix was the star of the show. For me a 50'+ longer Envy that's much easier to FH.

Guy that won shot like -25 over 2 rounds throwing only the Matrix

It's a winner IMO.

Last edited:
I should say as emphasis, that one guy I played with is like 95% FH with a lot of snap, and killed it all day with the Matrix. Aced with it. Bags MVP, and says it's the only non-utility OS mid he's ever been able throw.

It is def not a gator, but it absolutely will not turn and is VERY torque resistant.

Would like a comparison to a BuzzzOS. I didn't like the BuzzzOS because it was too OS. It would pull left out of my hand (RHBH) almost immediately. Hoping for a beadless Wasp flight. OS but controllable.

Last edited:
I concur, it was the star of the Circuit. It reminds me of a really good Shark, like the old pearly champ ones people carried b/c a Roc in premium plastic costed too much.

Would like a comparison to a BuzzzOS. I didn't like the BuzzzOS because it was too OS. It would pull left out of my hand (RHBH) almost immediately. Hoping for a beadless Wasp flight. OS but controllable.

This might be what you're looking for. I'm like an entry-level big arm power-wise, I might crack 400' with a warp speeder on a good day and I thought it had really good HSS and respectable, consistent LSS. Easy to throw straight with power, holds flex lines pretty well, good fade on a hyzer but not a particularly beefy, Drone/Zone type of OS IMO.

Latest posts