• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth vs. Climo

McBeth vs. Climo

• McBeth

Votes: 192 60.4%
  • Climo

Votes: 126 39.6%

• Total voters

mmblink86

Birdie Member
pretty self explanatory.

after seeing McBeth wipe the floor this year, starting to feel it's him.

kenny just appears so one-dimensional now in retrospect...

This argument is beyond moot and null from jump. Different players, different times. Are apples better than oranges?

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Gretzky vs. Crosby

Jordan vs. James

The parameters in which these kind of assessments should be made don't overlap. It's just the transcendence of great players. There is (maybe ) always going to be someone that is one of a kind.

McBeth more or less equals Climo, same with other comparisons. It's a privilege we have awesome sports that evolve and players that evolve with them.

Did Climo have a strong forehand, or roller game? I admit I don't have much experience watching Climo play but he seemed to be primarily a backhand player in what I have seen. Paul to me doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. So Paul = GOAT to me

Too many factors to accurately assess.

Climo had different plastic and discs to choose from, different courses, different competition and therefore his game was a reflection of his times.

Without the success of Climo, McBeth might have stuck with baseball.

The world will never know.

The world will certainly never know how many times this same question gets posted.

And the correct answer is Climo.

I bet McBeth would agree, for now at least.

Perhaps anyone over 25 on this site except you?

It's an interesting discussion -- Climo over McBeth.

A post earlier questioned Climo's roller game?? Really? He's from Florida -- he rolls (ed).

Paul gets a few (2 if he dominates, 3 however . . . .) more world titles and wins a multiple basket USDGC playoff v Ricky (or anyone else -- but c'mon, it would be better v Ricky) -- then Paul.

I can be wrong -- but I do care.

McBeth v. Climo... Who woulda won if they faced off with both at their peak best?

Similar question is always asked about who the best chessplayer of all time is. And like McBeth/Climo, or Nicklaus/Woods/Jones in ball golf, it's hard to say if it's Capablanca, Fischer, or Kasparov.

One criteria can be who overcame the better competition of his day. And IMHO, McBeth has overcome better competition.

Latest posts