• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most controllable 11+ speed driver

Wreck

Par Member
What do you guys think is the most controllable driver out there that's 11 speed or higher?

The key word here is controllable.

Not looking for you favorite fast driver, just the one you are able to control most consistently.

Ok, go!

destroyer for me i could see a max because you know what its gonna do its a meathook

If you have to keep it straight, the wraith for me has the least amount of side to side action, but if I need to hit a spot with nothing in the way definitely an overstable destroyer.

I was going to say wraith, but then I thought about my bag... The main disc I can control is my Nuke OS... I know what it's going to do, EVERYTIME

... Nuke OS... I know what it's going to do, EVERYTIME

Kind of like how I know what a serial killer is gonna do...everytime...not the most positive connotation.

I feel like the Nuke OS would be my go to driver when I need to wrap around a tree and smack myself in the head. ...but hey, if you can do it everytime :thmbup:

Opto Flow. A lot of glide, and enough stability to be perfectly controllable. I don't throw anything faster than a Flow because of how long and controllable it is.

Mine use to be a Opto Flow till I found the Westside Sword my TP Sword I can hit a line and know it will ride it to the end with Very little fade I find it just as easy to control as my Rivers honestly.

If you break it down into power categories you can get a little better of idea of what generally works well.

<350': Surge SS or Pro Wraith
350-400': Wraith, Surge, Flow
>400': Once you can throw farther than 400' on command with a Wraith type disc you can manage pretty much anything.

I prefer the Z Force.

Sword-though I think that it would just barely qualify for 11+. I'm not sure what the exact measurement cutoff is (rim size, etc), but it sure flies more like a 10/11 to me, while getting the distance of a speed 11/12.

Latest posts