• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most controllable 11+ speed driver

im digging the champ destroyer currently, but i also haven't thrown many of the fast discs.

My 167g Star Boss. More disc than I should probably be throwing, but if I throw it hard it's dead straight for 325 and then fades nicely to get me to 350+ reliably. Close second is my star destroyer, but I need the right snap and if I don't hit it correctly, it's a meathook.

Tim S.

Champion Destroyer was my most controllable disc as a power fh thrower.

But that one is beat, currently most control in that speed range is a Champion Boss.

Can't wait to try Blizzard Destroyer to see how that improves accuracy.

Kind of like how I know what a serial killer is gonna do...everytime...not the most positive connotation.

I feel like the Nuke OS would be my go to driver when I need to wrap around a tree and smack myself in the head. ...but hey, if you can do it everytime :thmbup:

You have it EXACTLY... The OP didn't ask for a controllable disc 11+ THAT HE CAN THROW FAR, he just asked for a controllable one... Nothing is more controllable than a 250 ft meathook...

You have it EXACTLY... The OP didn't ask for a controllable disc 11+ THAT HE CAN THROW FAR, he just asked for a controllable one... Nothing is more controllable than a 250 ft meathook...

Gonna disagree here. Those discs control you. They only do one thing, no matter how you throw them. These discs could be considered "more predictable".

Discs like the Wraith are workable on a lot of different lines. You can throw a shot right, straight, or left. I consider that having more control.

Opto Flow. A lot of glide, and enough stability to be perfectly controllable. I don't throw anything faster than a Flow because of how long and controllable it is.

Couldn't agree more. My Opto Flow is so smooth with so much glide and perfectly controllable. Can't say anything bad about that disc.

Gonna disagree here. Those discs control you. They only do one thing, no matter how you throw them. These discs could be considered "more predictable".

Discs like the Wraith are workable on a lot of different lines. You can throw a shot right, straight, or left. I consider that having more control.

Touché, Sir... I stand corrected... I would say my most controllable disc 11+, would have to be my pro destroyer...

I feel like "controllable" should mean that you can make it do more than one thing consistantly. Shape long lines. For me, I can throw forces a number of ways. My favorite beat up ESP is my go-to. Hyzer flips, flat flexes and big bombs. I know what it's gonna do every time and can command it well. Its as much about learning the disc as itmisnthe disc itself in my opinion. But there's a handful of discs that are head and shoulder above others in that department and theyre all well represented here in this thread. So pick one and learn what it does!

Wraith = Surge = Answer to your question for most people.

Like was mentioned before, if you're throwing less than 350 you might want to go with something slightly less stable like a Surge SS or a Wraith in DX or Pro plastic.

sword seems very point and shoot without a lot of lateral movement. Wraith hyzer flips very straight. and for long hyzer distance, the force is hands down money.

Latest posts