• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I have a neutron Amp that I like but I dont bag it as I have a star sidewinder that is broken in perfectly for gradual turnovers and hyzer flips. When the day comes that I get my hands on a plasma amp, it'll be hard not to put that up against my sidewinder to a bagged spot.

885699_929281110462098_6938989720213874455_o.jpg

Didn't believe it until I saw this. :clap:

Whoops, dont know how to make the pic smaller. Sorry!

wouldn't surprise me if axiom came out with a volt/amp like disc which you could get in the 150s-175s. Can we get the plasma amps first Paul?! lol

I still don't know how understable discs would react to so much weight in the rim. If it helps to prevent a loss of HSS then maybe it kind of contradicts understability.

But if it results in the "stable" amps with like no fade, that'd be nice

wouldn't surprise me if axiom came out with a volt/amp like disc which you could get in the 150s-175s. Can we get the plasma amps first Paul?! lol

But what good would that do me? :p

I am happy with my N Amp--maybe too happy, as I don't throw it anymore when there is risk of losing it, and instead throw a Diamond or Leopard or RR--just want one that is lighter. Actually, except when really windy, right now I mostly throw StarLite or 150 class Champ or Star drivers. But I do miss my bag being more than half MVP. :\

Also, I already have so many discs that the only way I can talk my wife into slipping a couple of discs into the budget is for them to be lighter weight versions of something else. She has watched me doing field practice and seen how much farther I can get the 150's compared to the 170's (all other things being equal), so she understands that argument. :)

Got time for a little review...

Took my 175 Plasma Amp to the course this afternoon and was relieved and delighted when I found it to be the Amps of old. Laser straight, great glide, decent fade, awesome disc. It flies very much like my seasoned FR, with just a bit more stability on both ends. It was like putting on a worn in baseball glove that you've been playing with forever. It just feels right.

I nearly lost it on its maiden voyage. I grip locked it into a stiff headwind and it sailed about 350, but way right, and nearly hit a house. Luckily the fade kicked in and it came back to the course. Note to self: Plasma Amps do not like torque, or headwinds.

how does it compare to a crave?

More understable, and longer. Average arms will find the Plasma Amp to have a slight turn, or a more sweeping turn if torqued over a bit. This is not like the stable Amps you have seen from recent runs. The Plasma version is perfectly understable.

So is there any overlap between the plasma amp and a fission volt? At first it sounded like these amps were the stable ones but now somewhere in between those and the floppy ones? I'm really eyeing a Plasma volt, F volt, Plasma amp fairway/control lineup

Halcon: I haven't thrown the Amp since it first came out, but I'm in the market for a good understable fairway to replace my Hu (the Hu is an awesome disc, just pretty pricey to replace for a stock disc, being from China and all). How easy to turnover is the Plasma Amp? Not by torquing, but on an anhyzer angle?

One of my favorite shots in all of disc golf is the high, long, sweeping anny...and it's also one of my worse executed shots. Any chance this will help?

I was really pleased with the Plasma Amp. I haven't picked up a new Amp in awhile, so the last time I took one out to the field it was a little flippier than I wanted, but those discs had some wear on them. Inspire and Inertia was covering all those shots as well, so it stayed out of the bag. Last night though, this disc felt like it was in the sweet spot for what I want from an Amp. Great S lines, and very workable. Lots of grip and glide in this plastic as well. This ones going right into the bag and is a winner!

It would be nice to see some footage of these bad boys in action....seems the fission Photon has gotten all the attention. C'mon testers AMP this thread up!