• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

The new Plasma Amps should be getting more love than they are. I never really gelled with the Neutron Amps and never had the luck of throwing a FR. But the Plasma Amps are fantastic. I think I am liking them more than the Photons right now. They are easy to throw. Hold a straight line with minimal HSS. And they have a nice gentle fade at the end. The glide on these are fantastic. Super stoked to throw these this summer.

what weight?

I have only picked up a 168g so far. I tend to prefer that in traditional MVP plastics for drivers. I might try a higher weight but I am sure there would be more fade. My goal eventually is to have fewer molds but different weights and break-ins of the molds I like.

175 plasma volt and 167 plasma amp. Perfect combo for me. Ate up about 80% of my drives over 250' this weekend. The amp just goes where you want it and can be thrown on a ton of different lines.

I'd like to see a flippier version but this semi stable plasma amp is going to be a staple in my bag for awhile.

I would agree this amp is a great disc. It has been great on a bunch of holes at my local course. Has a ton of distance and great glide for sure

Once the Inspire and Inertia were out, I slowly phased out the Amp slot, but I had to put a 173 Plasma in the for sheer eye candy. Add in a 144 Photon and the Interia and Inspire are resting now.

Something I like about the Amp is the relative easy with which you can shape it. My Inspire and Inertia are both quite a bit lighter, yet both need a hair more snap to shape than the Amp.

I think every thing that made the video was random stuff between takes. That kind of banter always makes the best videos.

I've been keeping up to date on this thread and I'm pretty sure when I pick up my amp at the PO it will be going right in the bag. I took my neutron amp out for nearly a year as I was doing really well with my sidewinder. I lost my sidewinder a week or two ago and over the weekend decided to dig out the amp again. Well, its better than I remember. Just a slight turn and soft forward fade. I dont know why, but MVP was a brand that i didnt want to like (mostly because it would just be another lot of discs to buy). Typically its me wanted to like something and I just dont as much as I try. But try as I might to not buy or like MVP discs, I have nothing bad to say about them. My N Ion just kicked out my worn wizard as it got too slick, too worn, and too soft for the summer. My Amp easily filled the shoes of my beloved sidewinder, although that SW will always have a spot on my bag. I'll be testing out a fission volt to see if this one will work for me when my proton was just too OS and other discs filled its roll better. The only spot I wont put an MVP disc is in the mids.

I've had a few field work sessions with my Plasma Amps now. Working on getting a video together.

I was throwing them back to back against a newer Neutron Amp and a seasoned N amp.

Both of the N's showed more turn than the Plasmas. This was especially noticeable when I powered them down. Throwing all the Amps straight at my basket with some hyzer, shooting for 350-375', the Plasmas were easy to make stand up, fly straight, then fade late. The N's wanted to turnover and drift right before they fought back. I really liked how smooth and controlled the Plasmas felt on these powered down shots.

Thrown closer to my regular power, all the Amps were consistently breaking 400'. Thrown flat or with a little hyzer, the Plasmas were flying a wide S, showing their high speed turn but still coming back in the end. Something that surprised me is with a deep hyzer release I could throw them 400'+ without them turning over, something that's more difficult for me to do with the N's.

So after playing around with them I'd say they are a touch more stable than the N's in my collection, but they definitely still show the typical Amp high speed turn, and have tons of glide.

It's tempting to bag one of these instead of my beat FR Volt. They just feel nice and fly such smooth lines. Gonna do a back to back test over the weekend.

So glad I put my trusty FR N Amp back in the bag. On the two drives I threw it on today, I put myself in birdie range both times. (Missed the putts, of course). I think it's earned a permanent spot again. :thmbup:

Plasma amp, whoa never clicked with this class from MVP. Volt/shock/amp for me weren't all that great. This plasma amp though. Nice reminds me of a longer leopard. Little turn small fade. Loving flipping this guy to flat and watching the tiny turn and love knowing it's coming back out of the turn so far. So far this is bagged. The plasma volt was meh, but the amp just shined for me several holes.

not sure why the hell I posted this in the atom thread... but yeah, plasma amps are legit. Hopefully this means MVP has the mold dialed in and the stable-flippy amps whatever are a thing of the past.

tonight I was throwing the photons in a baseball field adjacent to the last hole of a DG course with some nice tailwind seeing where I could get the photons out to and somehow one of the of 166g plasma amps hooked up just perfectly in that tailwind and rode it out wayyy over the fence next to #18's basket about 475'

anyone familiar with Hansen park and the cones, this shot was stupid far...

amp.jpg

Wasn't throwin that great that day, had done a bunch of deadlifts and 60 miles on my bike. I'm probably gonna take all three of them out to a course sometime soon. I should throw in my beat FR Volt too just for fun.

The Amp was my introduction to MVP, and boy! was it a good one! A friend had a slightly-used-but-good-condition Amp from a mystery box and she let me throw it. The second it left my hand I knew it was something awesome. I threw with virtully no power behind it and it just sailed straight down the fairway. She traded it to me for a Champion Leopard (which she still uses), and I'm loving the Amp for long upshots. It's not always in the 12-disc core bag (too redundant with TL and Valkryie right now), but it started a like-affair with MVP discs.