• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Circuit - Too Many Choices - Confused

PBokor

Eagle Member
Can someone please explain the various formats? Aside from different player packs, are the tournaments basically run the same as any other unsanctioned event?

Specifically:

1- If I enter a 'Two Disc Challenge', am I playing only with the two provided discs or any two MVP/Axiom discs?

2 - How about 'MVP vs. Axiom', am I limited to player pack discs or can I play any MVP or Axiom?

3 - What is the difference between a 'Circuit Challenge' vs. a 'Circuit Sponsorship Event'?

4 - What makes a 'Space Race' different from a 'Winter Flight Series'?

TIA as I have spent a couple of hours trying to find a definitive online resource. www.mvpcircuitevents.com was pretty light on details.

It doesn't seem all that complicated. Of course, I understand your desire for definitive details but this is my take.

Two disc challenge is a Circuit with two discs only, provided at the tournament as part of player pack.
MVP versus Axiom is a Circuit with MVP and Axiom Discs. You are limited to player pack discs.
Space Race is and "Ace Race" by another name.
Winter Flight Series has a different trophy.

^ Thanks. Since the closest event is a 6 hr drive and most require a flight, I am trying to be especially selective.

I just saw a two-disc Winter Flight Series event in my area with a "tombstone" format, which I had never heard of. You get 40 throws to complete a course, and you place a flag 'tombstone' where your last throw lands. Points are deducted for every flag ahead of yours, and whoever gets the farthest wins. Sounds like fun.:thmbup:

For the MVP vs Axiom, you choose either a MVP Player's pack or an Axiom one when you sign up. And yes, you throw only those discs in the Player's Pack.

Latest posts