• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw in the tensor thread that someone noticed their yellow tensor to be a lot less OS than their other colors. For me, the bright yellow tensor lacked the beef that I anticipated. I ordered an orange to compare. Similar findings?

Hot pink and orange are flying pretty OS for me so far. Does the yellow seem to be missing some hss, or lss?

Everything to do with PLH and nose height. See profile pix in Tensor thread. I only have 300 feet or so of power right now. I will have my buddy throwing those Tensors (along with Zone) today as he got 450 feet or so of power. That yellow one I have is slightly less HSS than the orange and white ones.

seriously guys.. the color has nothing to do with it.

Everything to do with PLH and nose height. See profile pix in Tensor thread. I only have 300 feet or so of power right now. I will have my buddy throwing those Tensors (along with Zone) today as he got 450 feet or so of power. That yellow one I have is slightly less HSS than the orange and white ones.

Although COLOR itself (may or may not) impact the flight it is one way to identify a run of molds which maybe were subject to different conditions when pressed, cooled, stored etc and changed their PLH or bead/where the over-mold sits slightly.. Yes, these factors impact the flight but identifying them by color/run is a common DG theme across all molds and companies.

Sure, its not just the yellow color but could have been something to do with the yellow runs, freak disc etc.. ZJ is poking the sweet spot though being many testers also have initially found slight stability differences in colors or plastics.

i understand that if 10 yellow discs get shipped to a retailer, they might fly similar to each other. but the yellow disc i buy across the country a month later shares nothing in common with those.

i understand that if 10 yellow discs get shipped to a retailer, they might fly similar to each other. but the yellow disc i buy across the country a month later shares nothing in common with those.

could be true-- might be from the same run.. you would have no way to tell outside of color that is my only point. We agree on this not saying anyone is wrong just stating why so many people $#!t bricks about color(specially on this forum).

Although COLOR itself (may or may not) impact the flight it is one way to identify a run of molds which maybe were subject to different conditions when pressed, cooled, stored etc and changed their PLH or bead/where the over-mold sits slightly.. Yes, these factors impact the flight but identifying them by color/run is a common DG theme across all molds and companies.

Sure, its not just the yellow color but could have been something to do with the yellow runs, freak disc etc.. ZJ is poking the sweet spot though being many testers also have initially found slight stability differences in colors or plastics.

Well the main thing to look at is PLH for stability.

But companies are running thousands of a color at once. So odds are the same colors that have the same weight will show similar PLH, dome, etc because of this.

But saying a 167g yellow, will fly just as stable as a yellow 177 is not going to line up. You have 10 grams which affects not only the speed you can put into, but how it molds up with more/less plastic

Because MVP has the overmold, relying on colors gets even muddier. But if you find a 172g white Amp that feels great in your hand, that probably is a better thing than spending 10 minutes figuring out which AMP in the box has the highest PLH. Feel in the hand to me plays a much larger part than the ticky-tack PLH game. Different colors have different domes and grip, thats huge.

Last edited:
MVP said that color impact the flight and they have to get the different colors to match the other colors flight characteristics. That has been something they strive for. So I tend to believe the manufacturer when they tell us the inherent problems with injection molding, and what problems they have been working through to get us repeatable flights out of the same molds.

But saying a 167g yellow, will fly just as stable as a yellow 177 is not going to line up. You have 10 grams which affects not only the speed you can put into, but how it molds up with more/less plastic

Because MVP has the overmold, relying on colors gets even muddier. But if you find a 172g white Amp that feels great in your hand, that probably is a better thing than spending 10 minutes figuring out which AMP in the box has the highest PLH. Feel in the hand to me plays a much larger part than the ticky-tack PLH game. Different colors have different domes and grip, thats huge.

In your experience, would you say 10g+ difference in weight before a substantial difference in stability? or even less than 10g? I never seem to notice much difference with weights in the middle ranges generally justbetween a max weight for that mold and lightest (fuses for example at 181/2? and 160's fly nothing alike stability wise)

MVP said that color impact the flight and they have to get the different colors to match the other colors flight characteristics. That has been something they strive for. So I tend to believe the manufacturer when they tell us the inherent problems with injection molding, and what problems they have been working through to get us repeatable flights out of the same molds.

Coloring probably affects how it molds and cools. But a blue disc that has the same PLH and dome as a white disc won't be different enough. So yes colors matter, but not when it is built like 2-3 other colors. At that point it is all mental confidence. I think MVP strives for total uniformity from all colors so I'm sure they would rather control the colors as best as possible

They close threads when they have around 5,000 posts.

And I had 180 posts in that old thread. :eek:

Edit: I don't care about post count, just that I was obviously very active in the thread. Ahhh, nevermind...

Last edited:
Oh okay, that was my favorite thread. Sad day.. Rip original thread. Anyways MVP. Awesome discs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts