• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Moose, didn't want you to think I was doubting you. I've seen your vids, and...well, once people see, they'll know.

It's still insane though. Lol.

Not at all offended, I've actually been trying to add more content this will be a good excuse to record.

I actually might still have a Spirit around. That and the Rask might be closest in size and shape. I have two Phases one is board flat and then other has some rise(not a dome, but not exactly flat) so those two could be good comps.

We are sorry we couldn't be of more assistance. Unfortunately our policy has
been to sell to authorized dealers.

^^
Worst Birthday present from MVP :(

Was planning on my first post to be some pics of me un-boxing 42 MVP/Axiom discs but I guess they wont sell to anyone unless they are an authorized dealer. :wall:

Probably better business that way. I assume it's to keep retailers happy by not getting undercut by individual / trunk sellers.

Was not planning on selling any of them just throwing. They said I could set up my own business and then order them. Animatespecial's disc golf and PC repair.

Was not planning on selling any of them just throwing. They said I could set up my own business and then order them. Animatespecial's disc golf and PC repair.

Well, setting up a business like an LLC is way cheaper and easier than most people imagine. Unless MVP requires a physical retail space (like Innova) it shouldn't be too hard. Might cost a couple hundred dollars max. If you're planning on ordering discs 50 at a time, the cost of setting up a business is going to be peanuts by comparison.

We are sorry we couldn't be of more assistance. Unfortunately our policy has
been to sell to authorized dealers.

^^
Worst Birthday present from MVP :(

Why are you upset or surprised? This is pretty standard across every MFG that I can think of. In fact, MVP's website has a link for what you need to do to become a wholesale customer (be a store, organization, or be running an event). Seems pretty cut and dry to me...

I am not upset I am disappointed and slightly confused. I am disappointed because it is my birthday and I was extremely excited to order a whole bunch of MVP items. I am confused because I work in a sales driven environment and a sale is a sale be it either $500 or $5000. I also find it odd that they have a wholesale page and which is wide open for everyone to see. I understand that is does not say anyone can purchase wholesale but it also does not say that you cant. It just says you have to order a minimum order of 32 discs. If I were setting up there website I would have a Wholesale portal where they could log in and order using a web page and not through an excel spread sheet.

I really like throwing MVP discs and just wanted them all so I could try everything, but now I will just have to buy a few.

Set up a MVP Circuit. You can run the even and buy the stuff you wanted direct! Or talk to someone who is running a Circuit and see if you can dovetail in with their order.

Im sure you can find a deal on a bulk order from a retail seller. Not going to be able to get at cost though. Maybe some Xout/misprints if a store stocks MVP deep.

Our company is B2B only, and the website is the same as well, but you have to have a state resale(or LLC license if your state dosnt have sales tax) to order.

It can be confusing but it's all about legally covering their butts. Since you don't charge sales tax on B2B orders they can't let you order as a Wholesaler unless they are set up to do that. Which typically constitutes them having to have a separate business or affiliate that can process B2C orders.

Kind of stinks but it's common.

Good luck getting an order in!

Our company is B2B only, and the website is the same as well, but you have to have a state resale(or LLC license if your state dosnt have sales tax) to order.

It can be confusing but it's all about legally covering their butts. Since you don't charge sales tax on B2B orders they can't let you order as a Wholesaler unless they are set up to do that. Which typically constitutes them having to have a separate business or affiliate that can process B2C orders.

Kind of stinks but it's common.

Good luck getting an order in!

Bingo! Sales tax is probably the biggest problem legally. Granted there are still businesses that don't charge sales tax when selling online, but it's getting rarer now that the big boys like Amazon have caved. You are on pretty shaky legal ground if you're not. Given that MVP doesn't sell direct at all, they probably don't have any controls in place to handle and pay sales tax for the various states.

As far as having the information and order forms on their website, why not? There are potentially thousands of retailers ordering from them. Why would they go to all the expense of maintaining some sort of login page system just for that information? They'd have to have some way to sign up which would involve verifying the business customer, and they'd have to maintain it. That's expensive for something that they really don't need to do at all.

Maybe if the system were integrated with their stock tracking and financial systems so that retailers could just order online and have it automatically update all the relevant databases, it could be worth it, but integrating those sorts of systems is also generally expensive. Until they were getting enough wholesale orders to warrant something like that, it wouldn't be worth the expense. Even Innova does the same thing in terms of an online site with order forms to download for dealers, and they are probably taking an order of magnitude more orders than MVP.

I'd recommend DiscGolfWholesale.com for non-vendor wholesale purchases. When I was part of that team the minimum was a $250 order, small markup from factory direct wholesale pricing.

Between Plasma Waves and Photons, the Defy, Octane and upcoming Catalyst my bag is getting all jacked up.

On the plus side I love the idea of finally being able to do an all MVP bag but it's like all my high speed drivers are in a blender. I don't know what that part of my bag will look like in a month.

And that doesn't even count the circuit discs.

Stupid rain. Order comes in anytime via UPS and im itching to test out these new high speederz.

Guess it might be a soggy test session fuxit.

New ovemold material has definitely improved on durability which is great to see in these new high speed drivers. Reminds me of the OG indestructible blends from previous old runs pre-axiom..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts