• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the skill level of the brothers is, but I think having some "pro" arms around when there are testing new ideas, couldn't hurt.

I don't know what the skill level of the brothers is, but I think having some "pro" arms around when there are testing new ideas, couldn't hurt.

They do have Mike C, and his arm is definitely pro level even if he hasn't done a lot of competing in tournaments. They send him testers in advance for sure, although I don't know if they modify the molds in response to his feedback or not. Maybe he could chime in and let us know how involved he is in advance of new molds being released.

It seems to me they know exactly what they are doing and don't require outside input from others. It appears that science is the 'pro' that's guiding them.

not necessarily but like JohnE did with Salient I think it brings a different set of DG eyes onto a product vs forum needs where MVP has always been popular.

Yeah,it seems like they get a lot of attention from the DG nerds. I'm not sure casual payers care what pros throw.

I think Electron plastic is going to do more for them than sponsoring a pro will.

Agreed. 2 of my good friends who have never cared for MVP already have the experimental putters just from feeling them in the store. They had no idea that it was a limited run until I told them. People who like gateway plastic will love these.

Agreed. 2 of my good friends who have never cared for MVP already have the experimental putters just from feeling them in the store. They had no idea that it was a limited run until I told them. People who like gateway plastic will love these.

I'm curious to see if they come out with one more blend that is stiffer. Both of my Electron and Electron Soft have a good amount of give to them.

Or since the firm atom doesn't say firm, its actually the regular and the firm electron is in the works?

Last edited:
just threw my fave tesla into Lake Ontario. Can I just get by with volts?

Such a fan of light teslas though...

Soooo, we're probably looking at at least 6 more releases from MVP (4 wide rim distance drivers and 2 putters), and 8-10 more from Axiom (the 4 upcoming drivers, plus 4 wide rims, and 2 more putters or mids) in 2015. Plus baseline goodness in some of our old favorites (I assume). What a year we have to look forward to!

Btw, mods, can Axiom get its own prefix now?

just threw my fave tesla into Lake Ontario. Can I just get by with volts?

Such a fan of light teslas though...

Not if you are truly pushing 350'+ ... volts wont really come back while a tesla will still have that LSS even when used. Both have a spot in my bag and nothing alike really. Can do similar things but have come to find they are different discs specially when season up...volts just getting straighter and teslas a little more lateral movement.

Not if you are truly pushing 350'+ ... volts wont really come back while a tesla will still have that LSS even when used. Both have a spot in my bag and nothing alike really. Can do similar things but have come to find they are different discs specially when season up...volts just getting straighter and teslas a little more lateral movement.

Yeah, I'd agree. I'm probably occasionally maxing 350 on my Volt drives, and for me these are different discs, even fresh.

It seems like, even though the rim widths aren't that far off feel wise, the Tesla is noticably faster. Besides the difference in how/when they fade.

yeah I just would rather see true difference initially and fill in like latitude did with medium.

They are different enough to be unique. The rims on both seem to be the same, so there's places to grab and grip to get the feel you're looking for. The firm isn't as hard as the old Neutron Volt, Shock and Amps tho. I like it quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts