• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured that would elicit some responses. :p

But you can't forget that the brothers have said that they throw like a disc 20g higher. So ones in the 130s throw like ones in the 150s. So ones in the low 160s are going to fly like max weight long distance drivers.

Can someone point me in the direction of these comments? I wasn't aware of them. I haven't been following the Fission releases, because I don't throw lightweight discs and I don't bag Volts. So I would have definitely missed discussion on this point.

They specifically told me that the 160g range feels like throwing a 180g driver with a ton of glide. Supposed to be some pretty crazy OAT resistance.

Well if that's the case then I may have to revise my target weight. I don't have a cannon - I hit 350' with Teslas and push 400' with Laces - so a 180g stables-overstable driver would probably be a bit too much for me.

My concern with the lighter weights though does extend beyond stability. Lighter weights are more liable to get pushed around in big winds, and we get lots of those here in NOLA. But if these fly at lighter weights like everyone is making it seem, they're clearly worth checking out.

"Well how's this for exciting news - we screwed up. The release date is one week closer -- May 22nd, not the 29th"

Nice. This means I can order some ahead of my June 3 road trip and not worry about whether they'll arrive in time.

On that post or here I can answer it for you. What's up?

At the beginning of the video it says a different disc that he is not carrying in his bag. I just want to make sure that I'm interpreting it properly before I answer. For example, you carry two Neutron Resistors, is it possible that in the video you threw a different Resistor than those two? Or does this mean that you wouldn't have thrown a Resistor because there were some in your bag?

At the beginning of the video it says a different disc that he is not carrying in his bag. I just want to make sure that I'm interpreting it properly before I answer. For example, you carry two Neutron Resistors, is it possible that in the video you threw a different Resistor than those two? Or does this mean that you wouldn't have thrown a Resistor because there were some in your bag?

You are correct. I could still throw a resistor in the video, it would just not be one of the same two that I carry in my In The Bag video.

New to the sport--as an avid player anyway--and I got my first MVP discs a couple weeks ago: a Plasma Volt and an Atom. Loving those discs and I'd say this is shaping up to be my favorite brand. I have a Theory on the way.:thmbup:

New to the sport--as an avid player anyway--and I got my first MVP discs a couple weeks ago: a Plasma Volt and an Atom. Loving those discs and I'd say this is shaping up to be my favorite brand. I have a Theory on the way.:thmbup:

:hfive: you got three of their best discs to start out.

I'd say grab an Envy for stable approaches once your atom beats in a bit and you're good to go.

:hfive: you got three of their best discs to start out.

I'd say grab an Envy for stable approaches once your atom beats in a bit and you're good to go.

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure I'll try that one sooner or later. I've been using a Ti Buzz (love it) and a DX Shark (liked it, lost it) for mids and I've got a Truth and Star Shark on the way along with the Theory. I'm sure I don't need four midrange discs but I'm just trying stuff out, discovering my preferences.

I just picked up my first MVP disc last week. I got the Impulse and it has definitely became my favorite driver on open fairways! it glides so, so nicely :thmbup: definitely gonna pick up some more MVP in the future!

Great choice for a first driver. You might really enjoy the plasma amp which comes out next friday and in such beautiful plastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.