• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to tell from that vid. You don't get an idea for how much mike is putting into them, but I would agree that it looks as if they don't glide as well as an atom.

I didn't see you throwing that Plasma Envy. If you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands, free of charge. :D

Its hard to tell from that vid. You don't get an idea for how much mike is putting into them, but I would agree that it looks as if they don't glide as well as an atom.

Hard to judge the glide when its raining. I'm going to do a durability test video where I'll throw the E Ions after a few tree hits, then repeat. We'll get a better idea then!

Pretty neat to finally be holding some baseline Ions after wanting some for over 5 years.

AkC2kAah.jpg

This Envy was a nice surprise!

MsLTTKt.jpg

Wow. Is that envy a red rim? Cause if so, with the sparkles that's just over the top! Love it! Glad to hear you throwing and filming again. You got me to try the envy in the first place now I bag 3. One is a Mike C soft envy :)

Well I'm just about green with Envy after that...

Light blue is sick.

Was just taking a look at the beginning of the Ion thread:

Currently, we are only using one type of plastic for the Ion. The plastic we are using is Polyurethane, which is widely known as an extremely durable plastic used for golf discs. This is comparable/same to Innova Champion, Discraft Z, etc. But, we have available to us, a vast variety of flexibilities of polyurethane. We have prototyped some cores that are very stiff, and some even flexible enough to literally roll up like a pancake. These were just a tiny batch of prototypes, but we plan to run a variety of these to suit all needs of different firmnesses. The one beautiful thing about the polyurethane we have available to us, is that it comes as straight polyurethane to our factory. All we have to do is just order what flexibility polyurethane and presto, we have our exact flexibility we want. There is no blending, no mixing, no guesswork, there is no variances between runs. CONSISTENT. We have yet to come up with a name for this plastic at this time. We will also create a flexibility scale that matches our exact orders of polyurethane so you will get your EXACT preferred flexibility to your likings EVERY time.

Preferred flexibility, whatever happened to this plan? I like the gummy insanity and wrath for winter golf, it would be nice to have a wave, photon, crave and volt like those. It would be rough on retailers though, maybe this would be a good factory store idea...

Last edited:
I don't think that's what they were trying to say there.

We will also create a flexibility scale that matches our exact orders of polyurethane so you will get your EXACT preferred flexibility to your likings EVERY time.

That sounds to me like varying degrees of softness and firmness not just soft and firm.

I think your reading into it a little too much honestly.

Cant market a product as consistent and pull a gateway on the firmness scale.

That may be so, lol. But when I read that, I thought about the stack of soft proxy I was digging through on release day. There were definitely some that were softer than others. You know how MVP likes to throw stuff out there and see what sticks(Plasma Tesla for example). Maybe they are just putting some slightly different levels of softness out there, rather than going full blown on the scale stuff.

I hear that. They have been tinkering with the plastic since day one it seems. Last summer the new releases were all over in flexibility.

How I read that is they could make discs in a bunch of different blends and they could do it consistently.

The problem with doing that is dealers would have to stock 3-10+ different firmnesses on top of the different plastics and color combos. At that point the number of discs available would be out of hand.

But if they wanted to start doing some special runs of different blends that might work(giving them a run number for identificaion.) Except that collectors would probably buy up most of them.

I'd buy an extra soft Proton Ion.*

*No popcorn since I don't see this ever happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.