• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I saw you putting like a fiend with that blue atom a while back I hope to see it again!

Interesting mix of discs... you got stable covered.. I'm kind of wondering what kind of "footage" you get with those atoms? I'm no good at yards haha.. Just as a casual observer it kind of makes me wonder how you handle the woods and annys without some low speed fairways.. Matrix I guess, Obviously you are kick ass with what you do.. I look at that and the bread and butter of my Gyro bag is nowhere to be seen..

Any cool 150 class or fairways in the backup trial bag? Fiz Photon, Inertia, Insanity etc... SWITCH HAHaha..?

It was unfortunately one of those days where my body and mind disconnected on the putting green and I managed to miss quite a few putts I would hope my grandmother would have a great shot of putting in the basket, lol.

With my mix of forehand and backhand shots I don't throw true understable too often. Occasionally Theories and Amps and Vanishes make it in the bag for those lines though. More often in the woods I use a lot more straight stable discs if I can't just switch from FH to BH. In those cases Atoms, Matrices, Servos, and Volts fly beautifully. I can get them to commit to lines, control flex, or basically anything I need with the right release and commitment.

Okay,so I've been throwing Eagles in the N/OS slot. Really love the flight but not the feel in the hand. Since I currently use the relay as my go to understable fairway I was thinking of trying to replace the eagle with some MVP/axiom. Looks like the crave and servo both have similar flights to the eagle. What do you recommend between the two of them? Basically want the flight of an eagle with a more comfortable forehand grip.

I'd say if you are backhand Crave.. Actually probably just the Crave... Servo finishes real hard..

Sorry I meant to say Clash,not crave. Crave is pretty much a dead straight flier though right? I'd assume not too good in headwinds and probably more like a teebird than an eagle?

It was unfortunately one of those days where my body and mind disconnected on the putting green...

..., Servos, and Volts fly beautifully. I can get them to commit to lines, control flex, or basically anything I need with the right release and commitment.

So part 1... You are still kick ass!!! You lumped it out and came up alright. Never give up, Superior Skills, Mental Management and great Plastic!!! I've seen your putts you made me buy an atom or 3... and I'm not an Atom guy.. 6th is pretty good for a round that wasn't your best. Way to keep a balanced attitude though... Those other guys must really suck :) so top 3 on the next one?

So part two.. Servos and Volts I'm guessing at your power level and range they turn over just fine? And bonus points for mentioning that Vanish..

Sorry I meant to say Clash,not crave. Crave is pretty much a dead straight flier though right? I'd assume not too good in headwinds and probably more like a teebird than an eagle?

I'd say the clash is more like a lightly seasoned Banshee. It doesn't really turn much from what I remember but also doesn't have that heavy fade that the resistor has. Servo would be closer I think. A slight turn before a good fade kicks in. Crave is very much like a S Tbird, little to no turn and a subtle but reliable fade. Crave and Servo will more or less land in the same spot thrown equally, with the Servo maybe a bit more left of center(rhbh)

Tbh though, the only Clash I ever threw was a sparkle Proton and that plastic seems to be fairly inconsistent...

Clash is very similar to the Eagle. I have a weird high PLH Clash that is more stable, but most of the ones I've thrown are solidly in the Eagle stability range.

my clash is interchangeable with a higher plh servo really not much difference that i can tell field testing they both have mild turn and reliable fade but the axiom plastic looks better, finding it hard to replace a beat up resistor though... really want to see a resistor variant from axiom, maybe more glide?

To my fellow Wave throwers: is the Plasma Wave noticeably more glidey than in other plastics? I only owned one Plaz Wave, and had it for only a couple months before losing it in a creek. So while I distinctly remember it being less stable than in Neutron or Proton, I don't recall if that extra dome gave it a boost of glide. I'm mentally planning my bag for when the weather improves, and I'm thinking about experimenting with bagging only one understable driver rather than carrying both a Wave and Vanish. Wondering if a Plasma Wave would be just glidey and understable enough to handle all understable driving duties for me.

my clash is interchangeable with a higher plh servo really not much difference that i can tell field testing they both have mild turn and reliable fade but the axiom plastic looks better, finding it hard to replace a beat up resistor though... really want to see a resistor variant from axiom, maybe more glide?

Like... maybe a Relay class version of a resistor?:D

:popcorn:

To my fellow Wave throwers: is the Plasma Wave noticeably more glidey than in other plastics? I only owned one Plaz Wave, and had it for only a couple months before losing it in a creek. So while I distinctly remember it being less stable than in Neutron or Proton, I don't recall if that extra dome gave it a boost of glide. I'm mentally planning my bag for when the weather improves, and I'm thinking about experimenting with bagging only one understable driver rather than carrying both a Wave and Vanish. Wondering if a Plasma Wave would be just glidey and understable enough to handle all understable driving duties for me.

Yes but not a lot more glide. I'd give them a .5 more glide than the N, maybe 1 if its a little extra domey.

Yes but not a lot more glide. I'd give them a .5 more glide than the N, maybe 1 if its a little extra domey.

I have the same questions about a proton and a plasma insanity. How do the stabilities and glide compare? I'm currently rocking a proton insanity as my main driver. Want a plasma one basically cuz I loooooove the plasma plastic. Just curious how the two would compare?

I have the same questions about a proton and a plasma insanity. How do the stabilities and glide compare? I'm currently rocking a proton insanity as my main driver. Want a plasma one basically cuz I loooooove the plasma plastic. Just curious how the two would compare?

Never threw P or PL insanity and the Ns I have are the softer blend that was going around back when it was first released. So, I am probably not the right person to ask about them, sorry.

So part 1... You are still kick ass!!! You lumped it out and came up alright. Never give up, Superior Skills, Mental Management and great Plastic!!! I've seen your putts you made me buy an atom or 3... and I'm not an Atom guy.. 6th is pretty good for a round that wasn't your best. Way to keep a balanced attitude though... Those other guys must really suck :) so top 3 on the next one?

So part two.. Servos and Volts I'm guessing at your power level and range they turn over just fine? And bonus points for mentioning that Vanish..

Correct on the Volt and Servo mostly. They don't turn over in and of themselves, but with the right release angle and snap I can get them to hold those type of lines without any trouble. I like versatile discs that I can shape multiple lines with more so than having discs for single shots. Especially considering I mix FH and BH fairly evenly in tournament play, and I don't want to bag too many molds if I can help it.
My bag does make a couple of mold changes though at elevation and in the woods.

I have insanities in all plastics. From my experience, Proton is the most stable, then Neutron , then Plasma. But I only own 1 plasma - its the most flippy but still manageable .

I was able to get a few of a Proton run (pre-flight #) that are really high PLH (for an insanity) and they are all 175g - so they are nice and stable, but I heard the new proton runs are different so idk how those fly. I just know my Protons are nice and stable, Neutrons have S shape and Plasma flip and ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.