• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I have to wait for a 170. :(

Heck, I actually probably will want a couple in 165-170 weight. Preferably one higher the other lower end.

For those that drive with Ions, what would you say the most stable color/weight you've thrown is? I recently bought a few to try out to help with my putter drives since I was flipping my wizards over. The Ions seem to be a little easier to drive with, but funny thing is once I started to practice and work to see which I preferred, I started throwing my wizards much better.

Still haven't decided if they'll knock the wizards out of the bag for good, but so far I'm liking them.

Color doesn't make a difference, and from what I've read neither does weight. The new runs are supposed to be pretty stable. Which ions did you try, soft or medium?

On a different note, I picked up a 180 Axis from GGGT yesterday and LOVE IT. Handles wind no problem, and is the best disc for anhyzers I have ever thrown! I haven't been able to flip it over, even in a headwind which I thought was surprising. I'm definitely going to get a light weight one when they come out!

Color doesn't make a difference, and from what I've read neither does weight. The new runs are supposed to be pretty stable. Which ions did you try, soft or medium?

I have a Medium Orange 176, Soft Green 174, Soft Blue 172

Green and orange seem more stable than the blue, but I can't tell yet between the Orange and Green. Green right now is my go to both for driving and putting, because I like the grippier plastic.

I haven't driven mediums much, but my go to ion is an older 174 soft ion. The ones with the textured bottom, which are actually pretty neutral to understable. (at least the two I have are) The newest run softs are pretty overstable.

Looking forward to getting my trio of MVPs in this week. I'm hoping the Ion will prove to be a more durable, slightly more stable Voodoo for driving and the Axis will have the control and speed of a Roc/Buzzz combo. Of course, I had to add a Vector to the stack...always looking for that moderately overstable compliment to my midrange game.

posted in the axis thread but looking for more insight-- With an Grip line Pure, GL Fuse, Opto pain slightly beat would you say there is room for an ION or Axis? Love the feel of the Med. ION and could replace the pure as a nice driving putter but both seem to slightly overlap.. Thoughts? Co-owner of page picked up a med. ion yesterday and it reminded me a lot of the pure but somehow better which I imagine would be the case with axis vs fuse but not sure there is a NEED for them. And any difference between the opaque or translucent runs?

For those that drive with Ions, what would you say the most stable color/weight you've thrown is?
Yeah, it's not really a color thing. You just want to stay away from the oldest runs with the misaligned overmold that sits too low on the bead. If you're flipping Wizards, then the newest Ions are the ones for you.
posted in the axis thread but looking for more insight-- With an Grip line Pure, GL Fuse, Opto pain slightly beat would you say there is room for an ION or Axis? Love the feel of the Med. ION and could replace the pure as a nice driving putter but both seem to slightly overlap.. Thoughts? Co-owner of page picked up a med. ion yesterday and it reminded me a lot of the pure but somehow better which I imagine would be the case with axis vs fuse but not sure there is a NEED for them. And any difference between the opaque or translucent runs?

Can't help you with the Axis (yet ;)) but as a Fuse and Pain thrower myself, I use Ions for all drives and approaches while my Summits are restricted to putts only. Once you drive an Ion, it's hard to drive any other putter.

Wow, guess yesterday wasnt enough of a tease. Filming at a short 9 hole and hit another basket off the teepad, but no chains =\

Soft Ions glide better/farther than the mediums, but the mediums hold a line a little tighter. I've tried to go exclusively to one or the other a couple of times, but I just end up wanting both in the bag.

Just got my first soft ion...will report back when I get to play.

But they are very nice for putting,more concerned about off the tee!

Wow, guess yesterday wasnt enough of a tease. Filming at a short 9 hole and hit another basket off the teepad, but no chains =\

I'm not sure what it means, but I've got like a 10:1 ratio of metal hits to aces with my Ions. I think it's because they are usually dropping down towards the basket rather than line driving into the chains.

Just ordered my first run axis, should be here by Tuesday or wednesday. I can't wait to get out and give it a try. I hope it's one of those discs that replaces multiple mids from my bag, it's getting a bit heavy.

I've nailed the basket three times in my first 5 rounds with the ion, I'll get that ace eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.