• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Yes. But not as tall as an envy. Feels a lot like a shorter/slightly smaller diameter ohm in hand. The lower rim is rounded (not a concave cut) with a lower plh and it gives the illusion of being shallow with the flat top. The Ohm felt wide to me but tangentesque, the Watt feels even more tangent like.

Honestly I thought it was shallow until I did some side by side comparisons, just now.
Are Envies considered deep? I have never thought about them that way but maybe the are.

Are Envies considered deep? I have never thought about them that way but maybe the are.
I would call them shallow myself... my watt is approximately the same height as a plasma envy, maybe a mm taller at the OM but the flat top keeps it a mm lower than a low dome plasma envy. The electron envy is taller than both, but we are talking 1 mm.

I should grab a flat plasma to really compare, super scientifically using only my eyeball on an unfinished plywood counter haha.... While I roll up a number.... after losing the brakes on my truck, down a hill.... again... for like the 4th time.

I would call them shallow myself... my watt is approximately the same height as a plasma envy, maybe a mm taller at the OM but the flat top keeps it a mm lower than a low dome plasma envy. The electron envy is taller than both, but we are talking 1 mm.

I should grab a flat plasma to really compare, super scientifically using only my eyeball on an unfinished plywood counter haha.... While I roll up a number.... after losing the brakes on my truck, down a hill.... again... for like the 4th time.
Yeah, I would have thought of them as shallow as well and some E Soft feel even more shallow to me than other plastics. Could just be the fact that they get a puddly top though.

Envies are shallow. I've never seen a domey Envy even.

I saw on another thread that the Plasma Envy's were your main putters, and you have about 5 of them for practice? Good idea, and its possible that's what I'll be doing with my Plasma Envy, I've had it almost a year and so far, hasn't been knocked off its perch all the way from C1 to my longest drop at 95 feet, and strong wind up to 25 mph over this past winter. Stronger wind gotta be careful. Except for the Plasma Nomad I've had for over a month good for C1, but more likely to miss compared to the P-envy. A little better in C2 over the P-envy and dropped one on a death putt 76-feet out, another 65-feet 10-15 mph wind, and a few others around that range in calm wind. The Nomad is closer to the basket beyond C2, need to see how it performs with stronger wind in a few months. Regardless, it will stay as a summertime putter in calmer wind.

Staying in the bag Eclipse Envy turning approaches and Plasma Entropy fading approaches and strong wind putting, and it looks like a good possibility the Eclipse Proxy I picked up the other day could be staying. On the course Thursday first time, by the time I reached the B9 first round I was using it as a primary standstill, and beyond C2 putting. The Proxy has the best glide I've seen so far with any putter on approaches, and I've been through a lot of them the past year. On the 2nd round knocked down a 68-footer for a first-time birdie on a hole. Seem to be more zeroed in compared to the nomad and p-envy on approaches, but its early, and need that stronger wind. Good feeling it will stay with me as a straight in approach putter. Tonight, putting practice in the yard, it was keeping up with the p-envy.

Before I commit to the established P-envy making sure it stays on that perch and buy those extra discs, on my Wishlist:

Atom- I like the flight numbers but have never seen one in the disc shops. I would rather do a touch feely with grip instead of an online purchase.

Plasma Anode- would like to see one in a disc shop for a grip test, not a big deal, but will pick one up online when I'm ready. When I had the too floaty Electron in the wind, I like the grip, straight enough, but could float upwards with the wind or away. Maybe the Plasma is more settled?

Proton Pilot- Back in the spring paired with another who had an all mvp/axiom bag. He had flipped his bag over about two years ago after a shoulder injury. He was flick putting in the 20-25 mph wind just a beautiful glide from C2, very much like the e-proxy I have, held the wind well enough. A beautiful deep blue color. I've seen them in the stores earlier in the year, but not since I've seen that glide, and would like to grip one.

At this point 5 putters in the bag, I'm happy with, not much in a hurry to get to others. After those three listed, willing to try anything Plasma or Eclipse as they come.

I saw on another thread that the Plasma Envy's were your main putters, and you have about 5 of them for practice? Good idea, and its possible that's what I'll be doing with my Plasma Envy, I've had it almost a year and so far, hasn't been knocked off its perch all the way from C1 to my longest drop at 95 feet, and strong wind up to 25 mph over this past winter.
5? Pssshaaw haha, I think it's 10 or 11 167g pp plasma envy. Got Ash first, bought 7 or 8 from Artemisclydfr0g and another 3 when they got temporarily lost in the mail. Sold a brown one to my buddy Chris... it was a very happy accident to get so many of the same run. I have a couple neutron misprint JC wayfarer that putt similar but approach a little straighter.. and another 15 that screw me up haha.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to gain with an atom, they are decent.. it was my runner up against the envy in the great putter decision playoff of 2013? Geez when did I change my screenname, has the envy even been around a decade? If you like the envy it's a solid runner up... well my neutron Heart of Chains was, I was sad they discontinued it in N. I had to sell it off to free me of the temptation after I went all envy.

Obviously you have a putter fetish.. that's cool I don't judge.

What is it you are hoping for in a new putter? I like trying new stuff out but it messes with putting consistency. I hate to say it but get some time in with that proxy... folks dig em... or spend some more time beating an electron envy in.

SFFL
(square fingers for life)

I've been switching up my throwing putters. I picked up a electron proxy, electron envy and a neutron stabilizer. I absolutely love the proxy. I like the envy and stabilizer. It sounds like the envy will beat into a proxy. I'm wondering if I should start the a cycle with envys or pick up an electron stabilizer and see what that beats into. Do any of you guys have experience with Electron stabilizers?

Wow that was easy... snap and upload, thanks DGCR! New uplink 179 spastic unknown haha. Plastic unknown. Practice bucket seems like 10 plasma and Ash wherever he's hiding....yard envy #1 & 2 out in front. Those rims used to be pink.
Banged hole 2 last night on the maiden voyage, flies puft, even when toasted.
2023-08-1320.10.306822380949822876817.jpg

Is it tall like the glitch?

Yes. But not as tall as an envy. Feels a lot like a shorter/slightly smaller diameter ohm in hand. The lower rim is rounded (not a concave cut) with a lower plh and it gives the illusion of being shallow with the flat top. The Ohm felt wide to me but tangentesque, the Watt feels even more tangent like.

Honestly I thought it was shallow until I did some side by side comparisons, just now.

I took some measurements. The numbers varied by a mm or two, depending on what spot on the disc, but I tried to average them out.
- Atom R2 - 14 mm
- Proxy Neutron - 14 mm
- Proxy Total Eclipse - 14.25 mm
- Envy Eclipse - 14.5 mm
- Ohm Neutron - 15 mm
- Pilot Cosmic Neutron - 15 mm
- Watt - 15 mm
- Glitch - 15.5 mm

Glitch is definitely the deepest, Atom the shallowest, and everything else somewhere in between.

5? Pssshaaw haha, I think it's 10 or 11 167g pp plasma envy. Got Ash first, bought 7 or 8 from Artemisclydfr0g and another 3 when they got temporarily lost in the mail. Sold a brown one to my buddy Chris... it was a very happy accident to get so many of the same run. I have a couple neutron misprint JC wayfarer that putt similar but approach a little straighter.. and another 15 that screw me up haha.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to gain with an atom, they are decent.. it was my runner up against the envy in the great putter decision playoff of 2013? Geez when did I change my screenname, has the envy even been around a decade? If you like the envy it's a solid runner up... well my neutron Heart of Chains was, I was sad they discontinued it in N. I had to sell it off to free me of the temptation after I went all envy.

I walked into the Virginia Beach PIAS after some rounds, and what do you know they've had two MVP deliveries since my last visit, and sitting on the rack were two Electron Atoms. I liked the grip, but Electron's are just too floaty especially in the wind. Not all was lost, I was able to fulfill my Wishlist a Fission Wave 165-169g, a 165g was sitting on the rack grabbed it, and now have a Fission Wave in each weight class from 153-172g.
Obviously you have a putter fetish.. that's cool I don't judge.

It goes along with my Disc Golf fetish :).
What is it you are hoping for in a new putter? I like trying new stuff out but it messes with putting consistency. I hate to say it but get some time in with that proxy... folks dig em... or spend some more time beating an electron envy in.

In my area 8 months of the year, it's about strong wind approaches and putting for some rounds. I started last year with the Pig, and the Plasma Envy, and ended the year with the Plasma Envy, and Plasma Entropy. Both are usable up to 25 mph, after that it starts getting shaky. The Plasma Envy is No. 1 from C1 out to approach especially in the higher wind. The Entropy better in head wind or cross wind, the Eclipse Envy stays out of the bag in that type of wind. Since I'm now at the beginning of my 2nd year MVP/Axiom I'm not looking to replace the putters in my bag, I'm checking to see if there's something better for this wind season.

The Plasma Nomad, all it does is drop from C2, had two today in two rounds. The Eclipse Proxy using it outside of C2 a beautiful glide, the best I've seen in a putter, nothing dropped today, but several near misses, and I plan on wearing it out and will eventually pick up a Plasma Proxy. I was using the Nomad for C1 today no wind. The worst and best thing that will happen next month when the stronger wind returns is that the Nomad and Proxy are not usable for the higher wind like the E-Envy and will be kept out of the bag, and putting duties will remain with the Plasma Envy. I think I will know by 31 October and should have a game plan for all 5 putters for the winter/wind months. This time of the year, all 5 stay in the bag, and each have a more refine purpose for next summer, and stead of the constant testing.
SFFL
(square fingers for life)

I see you write E-envy a bunch but I assume that's eclipse.. have you tried cycling an electron envy or two? The whole cycle is pretty sexy. I like my softs but I have a few proto glow firm/med? that are amazing straight. The softs take longer to cycle or lose stability, weirdly enough they hold the fade the best but turn more. Kinda like Soft neutron only real glidey, less squirrelly.

Last edited:
I was able to fulfill my Wishlist a Fission Wave 165-169g, a 165g was sitting on the rack grabbed it, and now have a Fission Wave in each weight class from 153-172g.
I just got me a new Fission Wave today. I am hoping to increase my driver distance with it. Sounds like you use them extensively. Any tips on getting the most out of it?

I just got me a new Fission Wave today. I am hoping to increase my driver distance with it. Sounds like you use them extensively. Any tips on getting the most out of it?
This time of year, no wind to some wind LHBH release point center left, it will come back to the middle or dead straight, little more than middle level flight for best results. When the wind picks up 10-15, no headwind throwing it, that's where my now brand-new Plasma Wave comes in, I lost the one I had for several months last week. 10-15 mph wind threw it this morning for the first time with my Fission Wave on the practice field. Heading into the fall as the wind picks up thru the winter up to 40 mph wind, I'll start in the fall (lower wind speed, before the heavy wind) on the practice field with turn over flips trying to catch cross winds from my back right and right to left across fairway when its there. The Fission Wave does okay on a direct downwind, but I have a G-Star Corvette, and a Star Shryke for directly downwind. Again, into a headwind with strong wind I don't even think about the Fission Wave, along with the Plasma Wave depending on angle of headwind Plasma Photon, Plasma Zenith, Plasma Mayhem, and Star Destroyer.

I've read on other threads you're a new player searching out for the disc that will work for you. In the almost 4 years I've been playing, I've gone thru a lot of 11-speeds, and the Fission Wave has now been my main driver for almost a year. The lighter the weight the more open a fairway will need, heavier weight can be used on narrower fairways such as a moderate wooded course, there's only a few straight away fairways on heavily wooded courses where it can be used in my area. Or the more arm whip you have, the heavier the disc. It's a sweet disc with good glide, with some skip bounce. Its been the most reliable 11-speed I've thrown so far. I also throw the Proton, Neutron, and as mentioned Plasma in the Wave class. If I was starting new again in the game, and if I insisted on starting with an 11-speed it would be the Fission Wave light weight.

However, knowing what I know now for my purposes starting new I would be using two of the same putters on a Standstill, even though I've had it for only a week, but now 8 rounds, and some park throwing down the street, the Eclipse Proxy is dead straight with a sweet glide. A week ago, I would be saying Eclipse Envy, a little turn, but the Eclipse is an easy plastic for someone new IMO. My first year I was just flinging it, after strong arming pain, started form building with standstill a few months, 2021 was a 1-step, last year x-step developing arm whip, and this year the 3-step. Now focused on arm whip on the practice field. It takes a lot of work, not just searching for a disc, and patience. And right in the middle of the form building, last year I picked up my first MVP disc a Neutron Orbital, a few more after that decided to switch my bag over to MVP/Axiom. Good luck on your journey!

I like MVP/Axiom - have 3 putters between them, and like them, but my favorite for now is still a Soft Magnet. Just starting to learn my MVP Fission Wave - hoping it becomes a distance driver I can control. But, I like Lat 64 Diamonds, and working on some Innova discs I am also hoping work out for me - Roadrunner okay, Mamba showing some promise, and a used, beat in Aviar DX is also a decent putter for me. Not going to lock into one brand for now - go with whatever works best for me - try to learn and improve the ones that work well. Waiting, hoping for that Aha moment when I get some snap/pop/whip crack on my drives, and boost my distance up a ways. For now, it seems to be inching forward - two steps forward and one back - take what I can get!

I like MVP/Axiom - have 3 putters between them, and like them, but my favorite for now is still a Soft Magnet. Just starting to learn my MVP Fission Wave - hoping it becomes a distance driver I can control. But, I like Lat 64 Diamonds, and working on some Innova discs I am also hoping work out for me - Roadrunner okay, Mamba showing some promise, and a used, beat in Aviar DX is also a decent putter for me. Not going to lock into one brand for now - go with whatever works best for me - try to learn and improve the ones that work well. Waiting, hoping for that Aha moment when I get some snap/pop/whip crack on my drives, and boost my distance up a ways. For now, it seems to be inching forward - two steps forward and one back - take what I can get!
Looks to me like you have every driver that should work for you for "easy distance". The waves good but a little tricky, many people describe it as riding the razors edge between straight and flip, it's usually real good for a 250' -300' thrower to add 25-40'.

Personally I'd recommend working on what you have, the diamond is tough to beat for a newer player... or if you want to buy something I'd look at a light 160gish neutron rhythm they have a decent but moderate stability and good glide. You could also go fission 165ish (or heavier).. they fly further with extra glide but are just as flippy as a wave. It won't give you extra distance but it's got good glide and control, I'm using it as my main driver just because it's always in the fairway for me, it's kind of like a roadrunner/Valkrie cross.

Last edited:
Picked up a Tempo today. Half dozen field throws on the way home and my initial impression is that it's a sort of mini-Reactor. Feels similar, flies similar, just more compact in both respects.

Picked up a Tempo today. Half dozen field throws on the way home and my initial impression is that it's a sort of mini-Reactor. Feels similar, flies similar, just more compact in both respects.
I agree after doing a circuit and field work. I'll be sticking to entropy, envy, pyro, reactor for my slow os options.

I go fairly often to an open field near my house for field work. Then, I play a lot with my son, nephew, and 2-3 other guys I met at the local DG course. We play a lot of 2 disc each, play from the best one, or teams play from best disc, and even then often throw two each, so two benefits. First, we get to throw twice as many discs each round (more practice), and second, I can throw one safer disc to get a decent shot in play (usually a Diamond for me), then on longer open holes, I can mix in a more experimental driver that can potentially get me more distance (light weight Fission Wave, Mamba, Tern). I just got most of them new - one time at the practice field, but not to the course yet. Looking forward to the hunt for easy distance, while I continue to work on trying to improve my form and arm speed as well. Already had a recent Aha moment, just realizing, when my mainly under stable discs want to go right and flip into rollers, I don't have to give up on them - I have to experiment with how much hyzer to throw them with so they flip up to flat (RHBH). When a more stable disc, like my TeeBird3, wants to go left too much, I can practice how much anhyzer to throw it with to get it to flip up to straight. I read about this flipping up thing plenty, but only recently did I really get it! I gave up on my old favorite, Leopard DX, but now looking forward to seeing if hyzer throws can bring it back from the dead zone aka 'went right and flipped into rollers every time'. Hopefully that Aha moment of getting added distance, getting the elusive 'pop' when I throw, is more in the near future and not the distant future. Time will tell.

Latest posts