• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Does the Pixel have the slight drift to the right most putters have when driving with them?

Exlipse Proxy doesnt have that for me and im hoping the pixel is similar in that regard
When new, it drives like a Watt. Maybe a hair more fade, but not really. Very straight, lots of glide. I'd imagine they turn a bit once they get beat in...

Does the Pixel have the slight drift to the right most putters have when driving with them?

Exlipse Proxy doesnt have that for me and im hoping the pixel is similar in that regard
Depends on the line, but it does have some turn. Mostly notice it when i throw it higher/harder to get distance, but not so much at low speeds.

I haven't waded through this whole thread....

Can anyone compare the new Eagle Proton Envy to the OTB Open Total Eclipse Envy from last year (or was it 2 years ago)?

Can anyone compare the new Eagle Proton Envy to the OTB Open Total Eclipse Envy from last year (or was it 2 years ago)?
I never got around to throwing my total eclipse otb one, been using the proto glow envy from the gyropalooza box lots though (its a nice broken in envy right out of the box). The eagle envy seems to be a good middle of the road envy for stability, not as understable as the proto glow, not as overstable as a eclipse 2.0, still a little easier to throw than some others without exhibiting turn or excessive fade, with some 15 degree anhyzer it will turn a little easier than some envy.

It's a "true envy" that throws like it's slightly broken in. (Like a month of wear) . I feel like the plastic will get more soft gummy in the heat of summer and throw less stable. So I'm looking forward to trying that. It will make a good close complement to the OTB soft one as a summer/winter combo or a "just a touch more stable" shot. It's really nice kind of a med proton, more grippy. My first set of 3 envy were hard proton pp's and I still find them kind of slick. At the time they flew straighter than in other plastics and slightly farther.

Last edited:

I have both a Soft and Firm Pixel since Wednesday. The firm feels outstanding with grip, the soft good enough I've had an hour mostly putting with, and some Standstill's practice basket.

The two rounds I played it just so happens I threw Standstills with them, right behind my Eclipse Proxy. I have a slight turn with my Proxy, the Soft tracked with it, but would fade back in. The firm dead straight, sometimes an ending drift fade. 10-15 mph wind.

Tomorrow 25 mph wind, only taking the firm Standstill behind my wind Workhorse Plasma Envy, I will throw a few 3-steps, and sometime later this week both soft and firm three step practice field. See how well the firm does tomorrow in that wind, the soft sometime later.

I think their potential for the firm to be a killer disc on approach and putting. Time will tell.

What I read is the new eagle envy flies like an envy.

But I've not thrown a total eclipse envy, and .. generally the only plastic that matters on MVP for some reason is glow, so I would imagine the OTB eclipse is a bit more OS than the eagle envy if it flies like a normal envy.

Putted two more rounds with the pixel this weekend over the wizard.

Still has more glide and less fade. Played at a short heavily wooded course and had a couple of obstructed putts from behind a tree where the only play was a soft stall lob hyzer putt. Pixel didn't fade back left enough and wanted to carry passed the basket, but I also made some longer dead straight laser beams that would've required a slightly different line with the wiz.

Pixel is a great putter, but I've putted with wizards forever and know exactly what they'll do. I think the pixel will work great for me, just gotta get in more reps to trust it in situations where the wizard was automatic.

What I read is the new eagle envy flies like an envy..
Quick update to my opinion.. played in some wind yesterday with the Eagle Envy, maybe 15mph. I was able force a long gentle anhyzer turn into a headwind with a nice fade. It may be less stable than a neutron, still behaved normal on a flat throw.

@dehaas Are you getting much love up close with the pixel? I'm with you on the long shot approach, I've been ding-ing my 130' pins more often than ever before in back and forth yard practice. (4/10 usually 1/10)

Quick update to my opinion.. played in some wind yesterday with the Eagle Envy, maybe 15mph. I was able force a long gentle anhyzer turn into a headwind with a nice fade. It may be less stable than a neutron, still behaved normal on a flat throw.

@dehaas Are you getting much love up close with the pixel? I'm with you on the long shot approach, I've been ding-ing my 130' pins more often than ever before in back and forth yard practice. (4/10 usually 1/10)
Yeah, within 20 feet I don't think it putts a lot different than the wizard. I release with the tiniest bit of hyzer with more of a push putt.

Where I'm really liking it is in the 25-40 foot range. The extra float and straightness feels like it takes less effort to get it to the bucket, and at that distance I'm putting more spin on it.

Misses at those distances have been to the right where normally with the wizard I'd hang it a bit wide and let it hyzer back. Pixel just doesn't fade back as much…not a bad thing…just gotta get adjusted to it. Overall I think I'll make a higher percentage of longer putts with the pixel.

Made another stop at the candy store to see if I could replace the Neutron Reactor I lost in the river 25 mph wind, none there. Came home with a used Electron Atom 173g, my first Atom love the grip. Also love the grip on the Uplink 176g, and Paradox 173g. First time Paradox, 2nd time Uplink when before hated the grip almost two years ago, go figure.

Back on Friday had a great practice session throwing left to right foreground fission insanity 163g, longest fission crave 161g, and shortest on left fission Rythmn 171g. That was consistent, including this mornings 25 mph wind, I threw all three each time when practical with the Crave first disc for scoring.

Attachments

• 20240311_115516.jpg
    20240311_115516.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240308_120519.jpg
    20240308_120519.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
@lee76007 That's a lower plh neutron circuit rhythm one of my favourites, the fission is close in flight, new neutron is a little more stable.

Edit: furthermore haha. I really like em with that kind of understability and weight. They haul ass and fight wind well for something with that kind of turn. Small stamp L2s seem to be the same run, large stamp the run after (Double Ram design one). . I tossed @wolfey a heavy flat one of those 2nd L2 rhythms a few weeks back. I'm waiting to see what his bigger arm thinks of it. I threw my Crave up for sale after he threw it haha, it never did that for me, nothing but disappointment afterwards.

Last edited:
@lee76007 That's a lower plh neutron circuit rhythm one of my favourites, the fission is close in flight, new neutron is a little more stable.

Edit: furthermore haha. I really like em with that kind of understability and weight. They haul ass and fight wind well for something with that kind of turn. Small stamp L2s seem to be the same run, large stamp the run after (Double Ram design one). . I tossed @wolfey a heavy flat one of those 2nd L2 rhythms a few weeks back. I'm waiting to see what his bigger arm thinks of it. I threw my Crave up for sale after he threw it haha, it never did that for me, nothing but disappointment afterwards.
I think I need to clarify. the left photo are new purchases uplink, paradox, and atom. I'll throw those for the first time later on this morning. the right photo was a throwing session with fission rhythm, crave, and insanity. pointing out that the Crave, Just a Little More distance than the other two. all three of those discs are fun to throw I have the weights listed on my previous post. .

The Rhythms were weird. cause from what I could tell when I ran my circuit, there were 2 runs in the circuit stuff. Because a few people got some really stable, to slightly overstable rhythms.
One of the old timers that came out ended up with one of the beefy ones and he throws flippy stuff. All the people on his card had flippy ones, and .. this dude knows how to flip discs. Just a meat hook for him, he was a bit annoyed. Especially when everyone elses was flippy.

I got some of the proto rhythms, man they fly so good.
I haven't thrown my fission. I got a neutron I bag which is basically like what I'd call a 7 speed tesla. That thing is great, but its getting a hair flippy now.

Axiom stuff though. I keep telling people MVP for Consistency, Axiom for variety.
I like a lot of red rim stuff, and the red rim stuff has a tendancy to be more beef.

I think I need to clarify. the left photo are new purchases uplink, paradox, and atom. I'll throw those for the first time later on this morning. the right photo was a throwing session with fission rhythm, crave, and insanity. pointing out that the Crave, Just a Little More distance than the other two. all three of those discs are fun to throw I have the weights listed on my previous post. .
Haha I didn't click the picture to unblur it. I see now. That's a nice looking uplink. New discs for spring, what a wonderful time of year.

So far I'm 100% understable on my circuit rhythms. I do have 2 DFX ones that are board flat and scale at 177g, must be all the foil. I haven't had any desire to throw them haha, well maybe a little. I've found I like the flat ones up to about 169g with the 160g being the best so far. Speed 7 tesla isn't a bad description, wait til that thing breaks in a touch more turn then they fly really far.

The detour isn't filling the role that I hoped, it's been a little touchy for straight it doesn't help that the pixel has been doing it so well.

Last edited:
Hmm it's been a while since I had my electron Atom, it was the first run SE. Very glidey and effortless compared to my neutron (which is OOP). The neutron threw a lot like a slightly straighter envy with a teeny bit of turn. the electron had more turn but could hold a flat line further with less fade, it also felt wider diameter to me... It threw fairly similar to a plasma proxy, better at holding height, I haven't owned an electron proxy. I put the atom right between the envy and proxy.

Good luck with the detour, it definitely is a slightly understable thrower. I've had fairly good luck with it as a straight shooter and holding angles. There has been a few times I get a panning anhyzer turn from a slight anhyzer nose down angle and a touch of headwind. It definitely follows the angle I put it on, I would like a touch more forgiveness on the near flat throws (with a hint of anny) but on the plus side a touch of hyzer or nose up and it pushes further and fades less than I expect. The pixel has been better at auto correcting the same shot but doesn't have the same distance potential (even though pixel go far)
Thanks man, planning on trying out an Atom as soon as I can get one in regular Electron; soft is a bit too soft for my throws and firm is just too slick for me.

As for the Detour, that disc is doing some WORK. There's a couple of holes on my local course in the 310-350' range that are just outside of my putter throw range but unless you're willing to really push the treeline with a hyzer you need to go really straight and barely fade at all.

My go tos on those have usually been slow fairways, but if I just hit the Detour pretty hard on hyzer it will slowly flip up and keep straight most of the way.

I also used it in lieu of a putter on a soft 270' turnover into a bit of a headwind today and it performed beautifully.

Another thing I really like is that, unlike most understable mids I've thrown, it forehands really well, like most of MVP's mids. Scrambled for par with it from an awkward straddled out knee position during my first round with it, flies straight and pretty far with low power. I have yet to try powering up on it with the forehand, but I think I'll be able to, and maybe get it out to the 280' range.

Thanks man, planning on trying out an Atom as soon as I can get one in regular Electron; soft is a bit too soft for my throws and firm is just too slick for me.

As for the Detour, that disc is doing some WORK. There's a couple of holes on my local course in the 310-350' range that are just outside of my putter throw range but unless you're willing to really push the treeline with a hyzer you need to go really straight and barely fade at all.

My go tos on those have usually been slow fairways, but if I just hit the Detour pretty hard on hyzer it will slowly flip up and keep straight most of the way.

I also used it in lieu of a putter on a soft 270' turnover into a bit of a headwind today and it performed beautifully.

Another thing I really like is that, unlike most understable mids I've thrown, it forehands really well, like most of MVP's mids. Scrambled for par with it from an awkward straddled out knee position during my first round with it, flies straight and pretty far with low power. I have yet to try powering up on it with the forehand, but I think I'll be able to, and maybe get it out to the 280' range.
Yesterday I picked up a used Electron Atom 2022 Circuit Challenge, its my first experience with an Atom. I think its a regular, not stamped with firm or soft. Good grip, already beat in by previous owner. Practiced with it today straight flyer a balance of a few ending turns and fades backing off power, a few throws laying into it dead straight wherever my release point was aimed at. I did poorly on standstills with it my strong point, had a hard time getting a feel for it, but that can be worked on. Good putter as well with the practice basket tonight, straight in even with a 10 mph wind from different angles, misses were from missed aim. Plumas Disc Golf has them new online.

Haha I didn't click the picture to unblur it. I see now. That's a nice looking uplink. New discs for spring, what a wonderful time of year.
I didn't notice until this morning when I packed it with my swim gear bag, but its Neutron Soft. Total different experience this morning compared to almost two years ago with an Uplink. Love the grip, two year ago hated the grip. Almost two years ago turn and burn, started with nice and easy's this morning, liked what I saw with some turn flips. Standstills with some turn and ending fades. Last hand few of throws laid into it was surprise to see it turn then fade back in all left center LHBH. Kinda of like my Lizotte Hex except it stays in the middle.
So far I'm 100% understable on my circuit rhythms. I do have 2 DFX ones that are board flat and scale at 177g, must be all the foil. I haven't had any desire to throw them haha, well maybe a little. I've found I like the flat ones up to about 169g with the 160g being the best so far. Speed 7 tesla isn't a bad description, wait til that thing breaks in a touch more turn then they fly really far.
I'm good with my Fission Rhythm 171g giving up distance for better control compared to the 163g long turning distance out of control. But watching the Fission Insanity 163g and Crave 161g fly past the Rhythm is messing with my head. I'm likely to bring back a Rhythm low 160's and see if I can control it better, my form is better, and watching the Uplink this morning compared to almost two years ago, yeah I should do it.
The detour isn't filling the role that I hoped, it's been a little touchy for straight it doesn't help that the pixel has been doing it so well.

If the Detour works out as slotting between the Hex and Uplink, I'll be good with it, and will try to get it to work out for me.

@lee76007 juice that uplink! The soft is amazing and my favourite for the extra stability, it replaced my relay it flies so far and reliable. I like my 180g soft CS TS the best but they all seem to be a little more controllable at full power. I keep the 176 gyropalooza in the wings though, kinda depends how hard I'm throwing or how clean or how much turn I want. I kinda don't need the hex with the envy, but I certainly like it in the summer when I'm throwing harder.

I have mad accuracy with the Rhythm(s) I like being in the fairway and it usually is, my 158 fission is a little fickle but again if im throwing clean and/or uphill it's tough to beat i just need to remember some hyzer. If im sloppy the 160 flat top SE is king or the 171 circuit if im a little weak.

I hear good things about the detour, I've seen some good things from mine, yes it's definitely in between but I have a nose down touch of anny snap issue... haha too many envy throws.

Hey @ThrowaEnvy a friend of mine is a friend of Chance's and is coming over in May to play Women's Open at Raptors. I probably need to convince her to bag the Envy I gave her for her marriage anniversary.

Hey @ThrowaEnvy a friend of mine is a friend of Chance's and is coming over in May to play Women's Open at Raptors. I probably need to convince her to bag the Envy I gave her for her marriage anniversary.
Are you over in Vancouver? I'm on Pender, sometimes I'm called Margarita Mike if you've been to my place..