• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

scratch the Crave off my wish list.
I came back to the Crave recently, and hit the same conclusion. When I first started playing again post-transition, it was one of the only drivers I could get a good, long, straight flight on. Now that I'm back in better shape with my power level, it's sort of turnover only - and that's not what I wanted it for.

I came back to the Crave recently, and hit the same conclusion. When I first started playing again post-transition, it was one of the only drivers I could get a good, long, straight flight on. Now that I'm back in better shape with my power level, it's sort of turnover only - and that's not what I wanted it for.
Nah
Crave for all the shots.
It's magicall 400 foot drives.

Question for the Proxy throwers, where do the Simon MCO Proxy's fall in the stability for the different plastics?

I wouldn't mind getting some Fission Crave turn, maybe it will stretch out pass my Signal. That's why I picked it up, to see if it will match up with my Fission Insanity. My Insanity turns past my Virus. I have Plasma Crave and Insanity that stay lefty left Center Fairway, so I'm covered at those distances in the woods. The Fissions looking to stretch out distance on the dogleg or in the open on crosswinds. See what happens.

Its fairly stiff, noticeably stiffer than my gstar discs and not much different my neutron discs. I threw it hard FH, just after throwing a halo star emperor FH and the emperor had a hint of turn while the wave stayed flat and then faded fairly hard. I'm glad to here this is not an isolated thing, I may find a use for it as a more control distance FH driver.
Hopefully soon we'll see Plasma Waves in inventory again. It seems to me the lesser stiff ones are in the lower weights, perhaps you can try there. Even my Plasma Wave 163g is more stiff than any gstar I've had. Even Neutrons, lower weights seem less stiff as the norm

I could see crave/signal as a good match up. I'm more of a relay/rhythm dude so neither was a far enough away in stability. Skipping a slot seems to be the norm, I also like the inertia more than the insanity, or at least used to. Maybe I'm just more of a straight line bomber.

Sorry to hear about the continued wave struggle. Last time I bought a wave or 2 was the first run of cosmic 155 (got 3 cosmic relays too) they make a great compliment, when I'm throwing them. Haha. I still have monacacys 171 pp plasma waves for when I've eaten my OATs.

Question for the Proxy throwers, where do the Simon MCO Proxy's fall in the stability for the different plastics?
What do you mean stability for plastics?

You got 2 choices.
Premium,
Electron.
Those are you 2 plastic flight choices.

I wouldn't mind getting some Fission Crave turn, maybe it will stretch out pass my Signal. That's why I picked it up, to see if it will match up with my Fission Insanity. My Insanity turns past my Virus. I have Plasma Crave and Insanity that stay lefty left Center Fairway, so I'm covered at those distances in the woods. The Fissions looking to stretch out distance on the dogleg or in the open on crosswinds. See what happens.
My favorite fission crave was overstable when I got it, and I'm annoyed its not anymore. And I can't find another one to fly that stability. 300-350 straight stable flight, then a nice reliable fade at the end to bring it home. Now it isn't sure if it wants to be a -1 or -2 turn. Depends on my day I guess. but somedays I'll wack it out there and she wants to flip hard and burn. and ... grrrr.

Hopefully soon we'll see Plasma Waves in inventory again. It seems to me the lesser stiff ones are in the lower weights, perhaps you can try there. Even my Plasma Wave 163g is more stiff than any gstar I've had. Even Neutrons, lower weights seem less stiff as the norm
Ya'll just need to find some old first runs, they fly so good. =)

Finally remembered I had an Eagle envy stashed in the fridge cupboard.. got some throws and putts on it, not bad. Nice medium ground at 174g, little turn but not from flat, kinda Mellow fade (in a relative envy way). Tiny shoulder, teeny wheeny touch of dome, feels pleasing. Honestly not far off the OTB run of soft protons. Little more flex than my pp protons. For the record I dislike dome and proton... but this is 👍. I could see this being pretty nice in the heat of summer I bet it gets gummy and turns more. Putts better than average for a fresh preamy

Went to my local store yesterday to turn in some discs to their lost and found and maybe check out some fission Reactors, Hexes and Peaches. Turns out they opened their remaining mystery boxes (I think) and were selling some Detours, so I grabbed one of those instead.

Feels great and looks almost identical to a Reactor, just quickly comparing them. Won't get a chance to throw it until Monday, though, but really hoping it will fill that slightly understable slot for me.

Edit: Also, a friend has been trying to sell me on Atoms for a while as a thrower and he's getting real close to succeeding. Does anyone have experience with how the Electrons (regular/medium and softs) fly compared to Electron and premium (any) Proxies? I've only thrown Neutron and Proton Atoms so far.

Hmm it's been a while since I had my electron Atom, it was the first run SE. Very glidey and effortless compared to my neutron (which is OOP). The neutron threw a lot like a slightly straighter envy with a teeny bit of turn. the electron had more turn but could hold a flat line further with less fade, it also felt wider diameter to me... It threw fairly similar to a plasma proxy, better at holding height, I haven't owned an electron proxy. I put the atom right between the envy and proxy.

Good luck with the detour, it definitely is a slightly understable thrower. I've had fairly good luck with it as a straight shooter and holding angles. There has been a few times I get a panning anhyzer turn from a slight anhyzer nose down angle and a touch of headwind. It definitely follows the angle I put it on, I would like a touch more forgiveness on the near flat throws (with a hint of anny) but on the plus side a touch of hyzer or nose up and it pushes further and fades less than I expect. The pixel has been better at auto correcting the same shot but doesn't have the same distance potential (even though pixel go far)

Hey I got a few of those, little softer than regular eclipse depending on which bastard blend you got haha. A huge favourite of mine for night golf. They start out a lot straighter and more broken in flying. If you like that kind of thing. Love the proto electron glow envy too, now I just need a decent understable eclipse fairway/driver. My Halloween craves are decent but the glow sucks.

In other news I have worn a bit of fade off the pixel and gained a touch of turn... I wonder how far that will go

Hey I got a few of those, little softer than regular eclipse depending on which bastard blend you got haha. A huge favourite of mine for night golf. They start out a lot straighter and more broken in flying. If you like that kind of thing. Love the proto electron glow envy too, now I just need a decent understable eclipse fairway/driver. My Halloween craves are decent but the glow sucks.

In other news I have worn a bit of fade off the pixel and gained a touch of turn... I wonder how far that will go
You got a few Glow 2.0 proto craves?
Daaaang.

Was throwing the Pixel around a good bit the last couple of weeks for a video and it's a darn good thrower.

I don't like the deeper/rounder inner rim for putting but I parked several holes with it today and it's sort of like a nicely stable Wizard in the air.

Does the Pixel have the slight drift to the right most putters have when driving with them?

Exlipse Proxy doesnt have that for me and im hoping the pixel is similar in that regard

Latest posts