• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

For those who collect, these are located at the PIAS Chesapeake Virginia 757-382-9592. They will ship.

L to R

It looks like a Proton Ion, holding it up I could see right thru it.

Prism Proton Wraith beautiful coloring, took everything I could do not buying it. I would of wanted to throw it.

Neutron Entropy.

I brought home a Fission Insanity SE 163g, the only one I've seen in any store.

There were another dozen and half other's from other brands. The only two that caught my attention a Star Leopard I think $40, and a first run Heimberg Star Destroyer $99.

Attachments

• 20240227_113640.jpg
    20240227_113640.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240227_113707.jpg
    20240227_113707.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240227_113729.jpg
    20240227_113729.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Price on that wrath is pretty correct for 50. I think I sold mine used for 60. haha

Entropy a bit overpriced though.

10 years go for about 30-35 unless its a 160 class.

S O.B somewhere in there is my Eagle Envy first time on the course. Came thru that gap which is small, about 530 rounds played here and always had putters get knocked down by the trees, their always the first time. The water is with in C1, basket is off to the left looking back. Threw a time-lapse up to that far tree. Ran a fade birdie with a Plasma Entropy, about a 25 mph cross wind. I was running the Eagle behind other putters today. It kept dead straight, no worries it'll hit a tree, nope. I'll eventually get another one.

Attachments

• 20240228_103611.jpg
    20240228_103611.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240228_103624.jpg
    20240228_103624.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Putting: I notice the Pixel goes straight, and goes far easily. It is allowing me to putt from my chest area (forward facing stance) from further out, rather than switching to a more sideways stance and starting my putt from back shoulder/behind me, and that is helping me putt straighter. Getting a better percentage of makes from 25', 30', 35', and I even knocked down a 40' putt, putting from my chest area, yesterday during a round, and I used to switch to a more sideways stance and start my putt further back at about 30'. Feeling more confidence in those 25', 30', and 35' putts for sure - expecting to make them now! LFG!!!
PIAS sent me a $5 off text coupon today, and I raced out and got me a second Pixel. First was Special Edition, SimonLine, Electron, and this one is the same, but firm. Only practiced about 30 minutes, but so far they seem to fly about the same - easy glide, very straight. For a firm, the plastic seemed nice and grippy to me. I avoid some firm plastic putters because they are not grippy enough for me. I already plan to bag both for a bit and try them out for main putter duties and approach shots. I think Sheep said, "Pixel go whoosh!"

1709166744657.png

Been working with the soft electron pixel for the week. It's been a solid stable straight bomber. I let it out with a little anhyzer and it stays really straight, holds height better than the watt. Seems to have a gyro push or an extended mid flight with the anhyzer before the nose kicks up and extends the glide, fading more than a watt but in a linear relaxed way.

It's easy to estimate where it will end up which means it's looking good as a Longshot putter while still being solid up close. Very little change in flight dynamics from 10-100+ feet. Nailed an ace last night (I think haha it was dark and they're tonals) and also it has been nailing my steep downhill shot which is my way to judge break over stability on a disc. Same thing I bomb it anhyzer and it holds height, holds the line and has a soft predictable fade.

Has anybody thrown and putted with the Pixel's in wind at least 15-20 mph and greater? My limited experience with Electrons Ion, Proxy, and Anode they were very floaty getting pushed all over the place. Unlike my Plasma's Envy, Tangent, and Entropy which can hold the line on approaches and putts. The Plasma Proxy is great on long distance putting, put floats on approaches. Eclipse Envy, and Proxy better than Electrons, I only use them in the woods. So, what's the story on the Pixel's with wind play?

Has anybody thrown and putted with the Pixel's in wind at least 15-20 mph and greater?
My throw was in 15-20mph winds and it didn't much seem to care as it went 50 feet further than I expected. Headwind crosswind sorta thing going on. Air bounced a bit, never really tried go off target. just kept holding.

Yeah I found the same in small gusts with the pixel, I don't get a lot of sustained wind but my downhill shot is prone to updraft and crosswind, it doesn't seem very bothered by wind so far. Not quite plasma envy resistant but also more resistant than a med wear electron. It reacts like a dx gator, a little more glide than you expect from something that's so oblivious to wind.(so far)

The local PIAS has 100 MVP/Axiom arriving soon with 30 of them Pixels, and a MVP rack to hold them. It's going to be a candy store. I'll give the Pixel the grip test, if it works out I'll pickup both hard and soft and go from there. There should be at least a few more 30 mph Plus wind course days this season to really test them 😀.

Damn, I really am trying to hate the pixel... played in cold rain, now it's snowing like a bastard so I played just above freezing and the damn soft pixel still squeeked with my thumb on the flight plate. Stayed tacky. I played it against a glow uplink and glitch.. it was parked enough to find it easily at dark.

This new electron soft is awesome. That is all.

It feels like OG electron to me.

I'd not really call it new. I'd call it "Hey, we figured out what we screwed up and fixed it" formula.

Yeah kinda, the og stuff was softer, I think this stuff is a little harder but between weather temp and wear I could be mistaken. Again the grip in the freezing wet was unmistakably awesome. Definitely better than the recent runs, see how sloppy it gets in the summer. I usually go to firmer plastic in july/August.

Last edited:
Why oh why is my plasma wave more OS than my cg wraith and halo emperor? I feel like its flight numbers are 11 5 0 2.5 or so.

PIAS sent me a $5 off text coupon today, and I raced out and got me a second Pixel. First was Special Edition, SimonLine, Electron, and this one is the same, but firm. Only practiced about 30 minutes, but so far they seem to fly about the same - easy glide, very straight. For a firm, the plastic seemed nice and grippy to me. I avoid some firm plastic putters because they are not grippy enough for me. I already plan to bag both for a bit and try them out for main putter duties and approach shots. I think Sheep said, "Pixel go whoosh!"

View attachment 334084
Pixel is definitely in my main putter and approach shot plans! Got Special Edition Firm and regular. Just ordered a SE regular, and a soft (not SE). Putting my best ever with Pixels. They go so straight, and carry so nice, but without getting too 'floaty'. Feeling like a bad tee shot equals 'no problem, I will Pixel my second shot to within 20 feet, and will Pixel make my putt!'. It has me feeling my best ever about 30-40 foot putts, too. Ramping up towards having ten Pixels so I can practice putting with all Pixels sometimes - really learn my putting with it. LFG!!!

Why oh why is my plasma wave more OS than my cg wraith and halo emperor? I feel like its flight numbers are 11 5 0 2.5 or so.
Is it a new one or one from about 2-3 yrs ago? If it's an older one there was definitely some stable runs coming out. If its real old like 4 yrs plus its likely you not the disc.. (get the nose down or the weight down) The first wave or so of "cosmic" discs were pretty beefy a few years back.. I had a plasma volt that was fireball stable.

Is it a new one or one from about 2-3 yrs ago? If it's an older one there was definitely some stable runs coming out. If its real old like 4 yrs plus its likely you not the disc.. (get the nose down or the weight down) The first wave or so of "cosmic" discs were pretty beefy a few years back.. I had a plasma volt that was fireball stable.

I Just really hate that everyone associates Cosmic Neutron as "overstable."

Cosmic Neutron was when they re-tooled all the machines. Everything they re-ran was overstable in that first run of CN, cause that's the signifier for the changeover.
Every mold when they re-tooled came out insanely overstable to what it was supposed to. Watching Orbitals be more overstable than waves was hilarious.

Everyone said Plasma was flippier for a long time.
My secret on overstable tesla's is all plasma. hahaha

Yeah, don't count on plastic for "flight" in MVP anything. It's not how the MVP stuff works. It has some effect, but not that much.

Wave is one of the discs that MVP makes that has some of the most wild swings in flight differences.

Im not sure when it was run, but that seems to fit the description of what I am seeing...not a nose down issue, I tend to throw most shots almost excessively nose down, my mistakes are into the ground to early instead of up.

Latest posts