• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP OHM - The Comprehensive Thread

Discerdoo reminded me how awesome the ohm is, can't believe it's been six months since anyone was here...

Why aren't more people raving about it? Is it lack of stock? Lack of a base plastic version? I know people like putters in different plastic... is it eclipsed by the nomad? Just not trendy enough?

Discerdoo reminded me how awesome the ohm is, can't believe it's been six months since anyone was here...

Why aren't more people raving about it? Is it lack of stock? Lack of a base plastic version? I know people like putters in different plastic... is it eclipsed by the nomad? Just not trendy enough?

I assume it's lack of stock and the JC Envy craze.

The Ohm is pretty much my Goldilocks throwing putter. Slower than the Envy with better glide. For whatever reason it just works much better for me on FH approach shots, which is a big part of my game.

Still want one in CN or Eclipse but I'm reasonably content. 😁

Yeah I've hit more touch forehand longshots than anything else with the ohm. It kinda slots in there between my soft electron envy and a plasma.

The ohm does straight under power well.

Well I saw a post somewhere and it sounds like the soft proton ohm is pretty awesome, as expected. Release day for OTB wave 2 is Thursday I believe.

I've tried lots of putters and the Ohm is the one for me. Mine is the Neutron plastic and I'm doing pretty well with it. I have two of them and my 'go to' is my Om Ohm.

Attachments

• Om_Ohm.jpg
    Om_Ohm.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 13
Well I saw a post somewhere and it sounds like the soft proton ohm is pretty awesome, as expected. Release day for OTB wave 2 is Thursday I believe.

Hell, I'm getting one since it's the first time they've run the Ohm in anything besides standard neutron. I bet it flies like an Ohm.

Tried the Ohm and it's a nice disc, but it overlaps a lot with MVP / Axioms prior offerings.

Ohm nuts - what is it you like about the Ohm more than the proxy / anode / ion / atom etc.?

From what I remember when I tried one in Neutron a few years ago, it flew a lot like a premium plastic Ion but had a lower profile rim. Very comfortable, but the flight didn't stand out to me among other neutral-ish overmolded discs.

Personally I don't like the rounded/ sloped inner core of the proxy it feels goofy, kind of ion like haha. I feel like the ohm is a better envy twin. In premium plastic it flies like a broken in envy or a heavy glitch (maybe) it just holds a line and grabs enough air to glide really far. It's like the tangent of putters.

Neutral, glide and just enough stability to really jam on it. Amazing get outta jail fh disc as well. If I didn't have a stack (or 3 :D) of broken in envy or if I'd tried the ohm first it would get more action in my bag. I have said a few times if my bag was lost in transit before a tournament that's the putter I'd want. Well: Glitch, ohm, envy. Haha.

I agree about the overlap. There's a lot of it in their putter line up.

Tried the Ohm and it's a nice disc, but it overlaps a lot with MVP / Axioms prior offerings.

Ohm nuts - what is it you like about the Ohm more than the proxy / anode / ion / atom etc.?

From what I remember when I tried one in Neutron a few years ago, it flew a lot like a premium plastic Ion but had a lower profile rim. Very comfortable, but the flight didn't stand out to me among other neutral-ish overmolded discs.

See post #202, pretty much sums up my Ohm love. Tried the Proxy several years ago when I was looking for a flippy throwing putter and it wasn't flippy so I moved on. Bagged the Atom for about a year as a thrower and putter and liked it. Got concerned it was going OOP since they were scarce and moved to the Roach for throwing and putting, still putting with the Roach.

Found an Ohm in a used bin a couple years ago, loved it and haven't looked back. I like the fact that it's a bit slower 2 speed, excellent glide and nice torque resistance for a neutral putter. Never tried an Ion or Anode.

Pulled the trigger on 2 of the proton soft, both 172g and green/chartreuse. Better grab one quick if you want one. Checked OTB and they had a bunch so I decided to see if DGC had them. Came back to OTB and the cool color max weight were gone. Excited to fondle and throw them.

Played like garbage in a league round yesterday evening. Highlight was a sky anny flick over some trees from about 180' that landed under the basket to save a three. Ohm's rule.

Roger that, I couldn't resist.. went with a 172g blue ohm. Ended up going with a company two provinces over since they were a buck cheaper a disc and they had an x out fizz 158 octane.

Pretty freakin sexy pearly, swirly, grippy plastic. Probably not as soft as soft neutron, definitely not as flexy as my Z-flx Zones. Flies like an Ohm, love the feel and it just might glide even better than a neutron Ohm.

Got another that is more sparkle proton and not as pearly, both feel the same. Gonna bag thissun until further notice.

Attachments

• PXL_20230509_154447978.jpg
    PXL_20230509_154447978.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 39
^ Hey buddy, just dropped in to say how happy I am for you. Those soft proton ohms are exactly like I dreamed they would fly. It was almost 80F here today and man what a ride! Just gorgeous out-of the box flight and the softest mvp disc I've ever handled. (Well except those weird inertias) haha.

Slightly more intuitive/responsive than a neutron, more fade up close to start but generally more turn less fade with a great zero flat flight.

Basically its dead neutral with a hint of fade.

Further testing after a rye ginger and some chicken boob.

^ Hey buddy, just dropped in to say how happy I am for you. Those soft proton ohms are exactly like I dreamed they would fly. It was almost 80F here today and man what a ride! Just gorgeous out-of the box flight and the softest mvp disc I've ever handled. (Well except those weird inertias) haha.

Slightly more intuitive/responsive than a neutron, more fade up close to start but generally more turn less fade with a great zero flat flight.

Basically its dead neutral with a hint of fade.

Further testing after a rye ginger and some chicken boob.
Yeah, bagged it for a league round and been throwing it in the yard a bunch, it's kinda magical for me. The masses are missing out on this mold but screw the masses, more for me.

21.2 cm max diameter for an Ohm.
21 cm for envy and ion..
21.5 cm for an uplink.

I guess that's why it feels a little wider and more glidey. I wonder what the line is between a mid and putter for max diameter? Is the ohm the widest putter?

21.2 cm max diameter for an Ohm.
21 cm for envy and ion..
21.5 cm for an uplink.

I guess that's why it feels a little wider and more glidey. I wonder what the line is between a mid and putter for max diameter? Is the ohm the widest putter?

Interesting, I said I'd like the Glitch better in heavier weights and stretched out to mid size.

After throwing the proton soft for a bit I say it's a hair touchier than a neutron but still amazing. I just need them to run it in eclipse or CN for a slightly more stable Ohm, then I could bag 2.

I would say the difference between mid/putter has more to do with rim width than it does diameter, though by todays standards once it gets big enough its not considered a putter. What class disc is the Beetle, Whitler, Zephyr ect? Aero? Essentially large diameter putters, but you cannot really call the Zephyr a putter, or a mid for that matter.

Latest posts