• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

discspeed

* Ace Member *
This is what Chad just posted on DGR:
Looks like word traveled faster than the PDGA could update their site. I am assuming it will be updated soon.

Long story short, we have been working very hard for this new disc. We have designed our new overmolded midrange! We plan on releasing this new disc in the spring. All the details will be coming with time. Feel free to ask questions! Below is the approval email of our new overmolded midrange, the Vector:

MVP Disc Sports recently submitted the Vector for PDGA testing. This disc passed all PDGA tests, so I've added it to the list of PDGA-approved discs. This disc is now permitted in all PDGA competitions, although formal certification will be made by the Board of Directors at their next meeting. Test measurements are listed below and a photograph of the disc and an updated list of approved discs are attached.
Vector
Certification No. 10-42
Outside diameter: 21.7 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.1 cm
Height: 2.1 cm
Rim depth: 1.3 cm
Rim thickness: 1.3 cm
Flight plate thickness: 0.2 cm
Flight plate to rim plane distance: 1.9 cm
Flexibility rating: 4.99 kg
Rim configuration rating: 36.5
Maximum weight allowed: 180.1 g

25yu98n.jpg

Looks like an Ion. That is going to be confusing in bags. They should do certain colored outer molds for certain discs. Color code the little buggers or something.

Looks larger diameter from the pic than an Ion, but I dont know the Ion specs, so Im assuming a little wider rim and therefor faster? Have you gotten to test them Discspeed?

This is great news! I liked the Ion but not so much as a putter and thought I would really like it if they got that same concept into the mid market but was getting concerned as I was working on nailing my mids down that it wouldnt be soon enough. I will hold up any final decisions until I try this.

EDIT: How do I even get the feeling its larger diameter from a pic like that? lol IS that even possible?

Come on!

Well you can probably tell them apart since one is a mid and the other is a putter.

Man Frank!! You've seen me play. Not only am I not that good, I ain't too bright. Things need to be real simple. And what if I have been drinking?? Then all bets are off.

Dye different stuff on each one, problem solved. And they can tell its bigger in diameter because the measurements listed and the max weight (which correlates to the disc diameter)

Here, lets do this

From above

Vector
Certification No. 10-42
Outside diameter: 21.7 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.1 cm
Height: 2.1 cm
Rim depth: 1.3 cm
Rim thickness: 1.3 cm
Flight plate thickness: 0.2 cm
Flight plate to rim plane distance: 1.9 cm
Flexibility rating: 4.99 kg
Rim configuration rating: 36.5
Maximum weight allowed: 180.1 g

From PDGA Approved doc (feel free to look for smilar discs yourselves)

Ion
Certification No. 09-21
Outside diameter: 21.0
Inside rim diameter: 18.8
Height: 1.9 cm
Rim depth: 1.6
Rim thickness: 1.1 cm
Flexibility rating: 2.83
Maximum weight allowed: 174.3 g

come on guys,u know people are lazy and dnt feel like actually looking at the disc to see if it's different from a putter. It needs to be much more easy!
/sarcasm

GIVE TO WADDLY NOW!!!!!

I will be buying one off of the first shipment that Gotta Go Gotta Throw gets.

I hope there are some blank tops available in the first shipment.

I wonder what the intended flight path is supposed to be. I hope it doesn't overlap too much with a Buzzz or Fuse. If it does, I'd probably end up having to dropping those two discs in favor of a Vector...

From a marketing stand point it would probably be smartest to have something that flew like a Buzzz. A neutral disc that could fit into more peoples bags.

Once this disc is released, I can have a battle of the glidey mids: Fuse vs. Vector.

Looks larger diameter from the pic than an Ion, but I dont know the Ion specs, so Im assuming a little wider rim and therefor faster? Have you gotten to test them Discspeed?

There are only a couple of protos right now I'm guessing, so I'm not getting them to test until the first production run. I'm sure they will tweak some things and the production run will be more polished anyway.

It looks from the specs like a Buzzz/Core as it has a slightly longer wing than a Buzzz. This is pretty much exactly what Chad and I discussed last summer. I can't wait to throw it! My favorite disc of all time and the source my label on DGR may be in jeopardy of leaving my bag!

GIVE TO WADDLY NOW!!!!!

I will be buying one off of the first shipment that Gotta Go Gotta Throw gets.

I hope there are some blank tops available in the first shipment.

I wonder what the intended flight path is supposed to be. I hope it doesn't overlap too much with a Buzzz or Fuse. If it does, I'd probably end up having to dropping those two discs in favor of a Vector...

From a marketing stand point it would probably be smartest to have something that flew like a Buzzz. A neutral disc that could fit into more peoples bags.

Once this disc is released, I can have a battle of the glidey mids: Fuse vs. Vector.

Yeah, just when I thought I had my mids nailed down, MVP has to go and do this... I loved the Ion as an approach disc, but slowly grew to hate it as a putter.

I can't see it gliding better than a Fuse, though, the Fuse is a 21.9cm, plus the Swedes mix magic into their plastic blends.

Latest posts