• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Beware of the mini pocket. Unless you're packing a large one, it will tend to fall out when you bend over (I know..."bend at the knees"). That is truly my only complaint about this excellent bag.

For those that have both - How does the Rufus carry compared to the Octo?

The Legend carries very nicely, very similar to an Octo - but the Lore is a completely different feel on the back, like the balance of the load with the straps is all wrong. A fully loaded Legend is more comfortable to me. Considering selling both my Legend and Lore and getting a Rufus if it feels very similar to an Octo.

The Legend carries very nicely, very similar to an Octo - but the Lore is a completely different feel on the back, like the balance of the load with the straps is all wrong. A fully loaded Legend is more comfortable to me. Considering selling both my Legend and Lore and getting a Rufus if it feels very similar to an Octo.
Feels similar, but smaller. I very much prefer the fit of my Rufus, being 5'9". Most people I know under 6' prefer the feel of the Rufus.

I only use my Octo when I need more stuff than my Rufus will fit. Which has been exactly 4 days in the last year.

I am 6'4", 250 and hate the way the Lore rides on my back.

I plan on selling it and just investing in a Pound bag.

Sad I missed the Custom Carlton, as I'm unsure on the Octo.

Sad I missed the Custom Carlton.[/C]

Although they've shuttered the custom program, they indicate they're not quite done with making new Carltons. According to their recent FB posts, anyway. You might drop them a note expressing your interest. It might take a while, and not be "custom", but you would get a shiny new Carlton....

I am 6'4", 250 and hate the way the Lore rides on my back.

I plan on selling it and just investing in a Pound bag.

Sad I missed the Custom Carlton, as I'm unsure on the Octo.

I ended up getting a Grip Cx1. I wasn't really ready to invest $300+ on a Rufus when I couldn't try one on first. The Cx1 carries very comfortably on my back and has everything that I'd want except maybe water bladder carrying, which I can live without.

2 Rekos and a Berg for me. One more Berg seems tight, so I often use the space to temporarily stash a disc in use until I finish out the hole.

3 seemed about the limit new

Agreed but I knew it could hold 4 based on vids I've seen. I wasn't about to go from 5 in the Octo down to 3. So I forced them in there the first few rounds and now it's fine.

Ok, storing mine with 3 Bergs and a Toro (more of a tweener than a putter). Hoping to stretch it a bit before my first round.

4 up top is definitely possible. My other reason is that if I move one more up, that makes room down below - with the temptations to increase my carry.

One of my self-serving justifications for spending on the Rufus was my overall effort to reduce the number of discs I carry. Rufus is really comfortable fitting 18-19 (substantially fewer than my Rebel).

I can always stuff a towel or some other lightweight spacer in the main compartment, but for right now I feel like I'm at Optimal Carry, with 3 up and 15-16 down, depending on conditions.

Regardless of my twisted logic, this has been an excellent purchase. Mine is from the first drop, so it doesn't have some of the later tweaks. I can't say enough good about the Rufus and Pound to anyone who will listen (and maybe a few who won't).