• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] New fairways - Notch, Arch

Bump.

Any other thoughts on the Arch?

I'm not really decided on it... Seems fairly speed and nose angle sensitive. Haven't quite clicked yet, a little more OS than I was expecting (but Vibrams seem to have a fairly quick initial break in where they lose a little stability and then sit there for a long time... Still waiting on that), but I see potential.

Haven't tried one yet... nose-angle sensitivity can be reduced by increasing your grip. Pinch where the flight-place meets the rim for a nice firm grip! :)

Nothing on the Vibram web site about them. Still not finding them on retail sites.

I think they will be announced at VBB World Championship. It will be a major Vibram event, plus due to the late approval, they would not be legal for use in Worlds. Just complete speculation on my part.

I haven't quite clicked with the Arch yet either. Still working it into the rotation. I think a high 160's will be better for my arm speed and style....the one I have now is 175. I like the lines it holds and whatnot but I need more time with it.

James, if they're PDGA approved then they should be all good to use in any tourney.

I haven't quite clicked with the Arch yet either. Still working it into the rotation. I think a high 160's will be better for my arm speed and style....the one I have now is 175. I like the lines it holds and whatnot but I need more time with it.

James, if they're PDGA approved then they should be all good to use in any tourney.

Yeah, I think you can use them, but they're not going to be available to the plebeians for a while... oh well, the Trak/Ascent were good enough for me, before the Notch/Arch were in the works. :)

Hempies,

Not in Worlds. Only discs available after a specific point are eligible for Worlds play. I learned this at Rochester Worlds that some of the discs in the Players Pack were ineligible and they made that announcement during the Players Meeting.

They try to level the field by making recently released discs ineligible for use.

Sorry, I was incorrect on the timing. Discs approved more than 30 days prior to the start of Worlds are eligible for use. Only discs approved less than 30 days prior to the start of Worlds are ineligible.

So the Arch, Notch, and Valley would be eligible for use in Worlds because of their approval on 4/20/2015.

Sorry, I was incorrect on the timing. Discs approved more than 30 days prior to the start of Worlds are eligible for use. Only discs approved less than 30 days prior to the start of Worlds are ineligible.

So the Arch, Notch, and Valley would be eligible for use in Worlds because of their approval on 4/20/2015.

Hence the Four20 holiday...

The Notch, Arch, and Valley are driver options for the Vibram Birdie Bash World Championship.

I just registered myself for the Vibram Birdie Bash World Championship. I'd rather not throw a new disc in a championship, but I'm so wanting to try out the new discs. I went the safe route and picked an O-Lace.

The Notch, Arch, and Valley are driver options for the Vibram Birdie Bash World Championship.

That's great to know! I haven't played a birdie bash yet to gain the free entry. I'll be using them shortly after the last bash 5/30, because I'm sure they will be out then...

I heard speed 6 on Notch

Arch is speed 8. Valley is speed 9.

They have been PDGA approved as of this posting, but I haven't reviewed the literature to see if the rumors are true.

Anyone tossing around the Notch?
I've always had a itch to work a Vibram driver into the bag and this bad boy just sounds like I should throw one.

Been throwing the Notch for a week or so... works well with my forehand game. I have 300' of power with forehands, and I can get the Notch out to about 250' consistently -- very, very straight.

Haven't figured it out with thumbers/tomahawks... quite a bit more overstable than the Ascent and Trak, which were my overhand discs of choice previously.

Handles headwinds/crosswinds very well...

Backhand I like to use the Notch for controlled skips on a hyzer-line. Other Vibram discs don't have much of a skip game, except for maybe the Lace family. Notch has a pretty good amount of skip...

Overall: definitely adds something to my bag. I went with the Notch instead of the Arch for this reason, because I suspected that the Arch would overlap with the Ascent. The Notch doesn't overlap with any of the other Vibram discs, except maybe the Solace.

Latest posts