• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feature: Shop Listing

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
As you may or may not have noticed, there is a new "Shops" menu item up in the main menu. This is a basic list of physical locations where you can find discs for sale. There is a Shop Map and the Course Browse Map has a new checkbox in the bottom left corner under the map where you can load up the shop icons to see where they are relative to courses. Anybody can add a shop to the list.

Now, if you're a shop owner and you're looking to get more traffic and business to your location I have a pretty cool thing available. The gist of it is that you'll get a course-like profile page (which only you can edit/update), you'll show up highlighted and first in searches, different colored icons on the maps and the big one is you'll show up on course pages as a "nearby shop" within a certain radius of your physical location.

I am planning to add the Shops feature to the mobile site, hopefully this week.

As always, if you notice anything weird please let me know!

Very cool feature! This will be great for road trips, I lose enough discs on many trips that I often go looking for local shops and an easier way to find them is great.

Bah! I just realized I need to be signed in to the other side :doh: Thanks!

Teezers in Pueblo Colorado isn't showing up on the map in the right location. It should be just a tad to the right of Rebound Sports. The address appears to be listed correctly.
And I added, also in Pueblo Colorado, The Edge and Ka*Mitt Skateshop. They are right next door to each other, literally sharing a dividing wall. My concern is only one icon shows up for The Edge, you cannot see Ka*Mitt on the map at all.
Very cool feature!

Last edited:
As far as the map location, it's just using Google to geocode the address. I looked at Teezers and adding a "Ave" at the end of the address fixed it. If two places have the same location, one of them should be shifted to account for that although you may still have to zoom in to notice. In the case you mentioned, you just have to zoom in pretty far. Both show up in the list below so you can differentiate that way.

Last edited:
Big 5 in Pueblo Colorado is also in the wrong place on the map. All the addresses appear correct in the list, but the icons are way off on the map. It should be on the opposite side of I-25. This would take people to a residential neighborhood way out of their way right now. I'm on a public library computer using Internet Explorer now. I'll check again later using our computer and a different browser and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
As far as the map location, it's just using Google to geocode the address. I looked at Teezers and adding a "Ave" at the end of the address fixed it. If two places have the same location, one of them should be shifted to account for that although you may still have to zoom in to notice. In the case you mentioned, you just have to zoom in pretty far. Both show up in the list below so you can differentiate that way.

Awesome. Everything is in the correct place and showing up just fine now.

Bug ya one more time. Is there a way to edit or add to an already listed shop? Teezers phone number isn't listed and I didn't see a way to add it. It's 719-553-9800.

I can edit incorrect info. I'll fix up Teezer's.

Alpine Ski Center in Greenville SC moved.

here is the new info

30 Orchard Park Dr
Greenville SC 29615
(864) 241-0550