• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

Been a while since a new Ask Dave segment got posted:

• Echostar is >50% regrind of Champion and Star discs. In the past I had read it was a regrind of a plastic that couldn't be sourced anymore (lawn chairs or something?)
  • Interesting he pointed out North Cove as being close to ideal disc golf course for competition/spectating & penalty (hazard) type areas. Maybe a future USDGC location?
  • Mentions the new Alien as a good one disc round option for <300' holes. Makes me think it will get a release soon?
  • Hawkeye once again confirmed as the renamed FD, calls out the Leopard and JLS as the fairways he is most proud of designing.

Really like the new direction with stamps on Star Plastic. I feel like Innova wants to catch-up to other comapnies with beautiful stamps like Streamline and TSA by stepping their stamp game up as well. The stamps themselves make the discs look more like toys like in the case of the Hawkeye, but I would much rather have a picture of a bird as a stamp as the same KC 12x stamp every other Star Plastic disc of mine already has.

I also like the new Champ-Stamps and their approach to differentiating those a bit so that it is not gonna be the same looking stamp on every disc.

Really like the new direction with stamps on Star Plastic. I feel like Innova wants to catch-up to other comapnies with beautiful stamps like Streamline and TSA by stepping their stamp game up as well. The stamps themselves make the discs look more like toys like in the case of the Hawkeye, but I would much rather have a picture of a bird as a stamp as the same KC 12x stamp every other Star Plastic disc of mine already has.

I also like the new Champ-Stamps and their approach to differentiating those a bit so that it is not gonna be the same looking stamp on every disc.

Definitely agree– I'm personally more a fan of the minimal, clean design of this past iteration of star, but I think getting the art on the premium discs was a good move for them. With that said, the new champion branding is really nice. I like the clear, simple, clean design of it. Especially with the Toros; the way they integrated Calvin's stamp is really well done.

A little part of me is nostalgic for the PFN look. Ultra minimal. But this new direction is a kind of modern minimalism.

this flat out says it's renamed p3x: https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-khan/

Yep, those just dropped today after the mold got approved yesterday. The plastic they got it approved in on the PDGA page looks like stock Star and Nexus so I'd assume those releases will be coming out after this initial Hailey King commemorative 'Swirly' Star release.

Really liked the C-line P3x as a thrower and still have a new unthrown one sitting around. The S-line first run P3x were pretty stable as well. D-line was good but the plastic was a bit soft for the one red one I got. I know the C-line glow Mystery box P3x were pretty desirable for a while so maybe the Factory store will produce a few different plastic blends (or Infinite/Millennium will get their own approved versions from the same mold). As mentioned in the brand refresh discussion video if the mold is popular as a Factory Store mold it can get promoted to the Innova label like the Fairway Disc => Hawkeye.

Interesting that Innova is now explicitly stating when an existing mold is being renamed.

Last edited:
If only they gave the PD the same treatment they got the FD with the Hawkeye. The "PowerDisc" shenanigans dont really cut. The mold sadly got an ugly stamp IMO, is way too expensive and has poor availability in germany at least.

If only they gave the PD the same treatment they got the FD with the Hawkeye. The "PowerDisc" shenanigans dont really cut. The mold sadly got an ugly stamp IMO, is way too expensive and has poor availability in germany at least.

I consider Infinite as part of Innova, and they've got the Roman. I guess that's Innova's way of giving the PD the same treatment.

I have always wanted to throw a p3x so this is cool. I think my bag is at a spot where I would not need this. My beat in aviarx3 covers so many of the same shots plus some forehand lines. It would probably be nicer for backhand drives but between the toro and qomega4(/c line p2) how much room is there to even cover.

I am pretty stoked on innovas new branding but the stamps on star discs feels tacky slightly with their stamp aesthetic. Too transformers/cartoony.

I really want to see a 1 speed disc based on rhyno that is as OS as possible. Innova Elephant

Definitely agree– I'm personally more a fan of the minimal, clean design of this past iteration of star, but I think getting the art on the premium discs was a good move for them. With that said, the new champion branding is really nice. I like the clear, simple, clean design of it. Especially with the Toros; the way they integrated Calvin's stamp is really well done.

A little part of me is nostalgic for the PFN look. Ultra minimal. But this new direction is a kind of modern minimalism.

Agreed!

When were the latest metal flake Stingrays released? I feel like these slipped under the radar a bit. Goodness... I wish this mold would get more attention.

Anybody had a chance to feel the new Soft Pro they released recently? The video said 3x softer than R-Pro. Not sure how they measure that but something THAT soft seems like overkill.

I've had the Soft P-Line P2s in the past and I'm pretty sure it was just R-Pro. They were more overstable than D-line and Stiff P-line at the time.

Anybody had a chance to feel the new Soft Pro they released recently? The video said 3x softer than R-Pro. Not sure how they measure that but something THAT soft seems like overkill.

I've had the Soft P-Line P2s in the past and I'm pretty sure it was just R-Pro. They were more overstable than D-line and Stiff P-line at the time.
I ordered a couple of the Aviar Drivers last week when they released. The Factory was not open W-F last week so my order shipped this Monday and should arrive by this Friday.

Maybe an old Millennium SuperSoft blend? I feel like R-Pro has been pretty rigid in recent years so maybe some of the older R-Pro was less stiff? I'll report back with comparisons to JK, Omega SS, 'Soft' P2 & Omega4, and R-Pro.

Innova Factory Store responded to some comments on FB saying that they might run other molds in this Soft blend (Rhyno was asked about specifically) if these sell well.

^Rhyno makes sense.

Damn do I miss [flat] Pro Line Rhynos!

Last edited:
I ordered a couple of the Aviar Drivers last week when they released. The Factory was not open W-F last week so my order shipped this Monday and should arrive by this Friday.

Maybe an old Millennium SuperSoft blend? I feel like R-Pro has been pretty rigid in recent years so maybe some of the older R-Pro was less stiff? I'll report back with comparisons to JK, Omega SS, 'Soft' P2 & Omega4, and R-Pro.

Innova Factory Store responded to some comments on FB saying that they might run other molds in this Soft blend (Rhyno was asked about specifically) if these sell well.

^Rhino makes sense.

Damn do I miss [flat] Pro Line Rhynos!
I may have posted a comment about that, and if so I'll probably buy 5 or more since I haven't been able to find anything that flies like my 5/10 or worse R-Pro Rhyno since I lost it in 2017, and I've tried so many options. Maybe I'll ask if I can get any testers that don't hold up well...

More rigid than a Blowfly or any of those Elevation rubber blend discs. Softer than all of the Millennium (Soft/SuperSoft) blends and other Innova Pro (R/JK) blends. Tacky/grippy like XT.

I think the beaded molds (Xero/Whale/BB Aviar Driver) will have slightly better rim rigidity vs. the beadless (Aviar PA and Firefly). I am able to bend the the Aviar Driver into a taco and it returns to shape.