• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

Some thoughts from my recent ITB post, WRT OLFs. (photos from Milo McIver, yesterday)

"Left column: 2 Star Thunderbirds and a 1.7 Star OLF. My overstable distance drivers. All have dome and glide and high speed stability and I can MASH on them. Or throw them in the open in the wind. I trust these three. That wiped Thunderbird is wildly overstable, for the record. Both the Thunderbirds have 0 turn. The 1.7 SOLF is max weight and pretty new, but has a hint of turn from day one and will really drift if you get over the top on it.

Second column: 1 Glow OLF and 3 First Run SOFs. All super flat. Flat Orions have more turn and fade (domey ones are straighter, like Thunderbirds.) These range from -.5/2.5 to -2/.5. All my touchy distance lines and turnovers. Even rollers. If I have to hit a gap, it's a flat Orion. Been my favorite drivers for years. But they're not what I throw for open distance. Oh, and that Glow is my favorite FH disc. We OLF guys waited YEARS for these. And they're rad."

Attachments

• IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0896.jpeg
    IMG_0896.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
flight numbers mean little when people are never honest about their arm speeds.

flight numbers mean little when people are never honest about their arm speeds.
Millennium has been putting run numbers on everything for a while which helps track user experience for specific runs but just started adding flight numbers to stamps a few years ago. Prior to the flight number addition they just said the OLF was more stable than the OLS. I think the numbers given to the OLF are generally correct for Sirius (0-20 rounds) and Standard (0-5 rounds). Quantum needing a bit more break in period to get there (10-20+ rounds) or some extra arm speed.

I'm rooting for more OLF runs in different plastics - maybe Luster Q, new Stardust Q (metalflake), or Color Lunar Sirius/Quantum are up next.

Millennium has been putting run numbers on everything for a while which helps track user experience for specific runs but just started adding flight numbers to stamps a few years ago. Prior to the flight number addition they just said the OLF was more stable than the OLS. I think the numbers given to the OLF are generally correct for Sirius (0-20 rounds) and Standard (0-5 rounds). Quantum needing a bit more break in period to get there (10-20+ rounds) or some extra arm speed.

I'm rooting for more OLF runs in different plastics - maybe Luster Q, new Stardust Q (metalflake), or Color Lunar Sirius/Quantum are up next.
Luster Q would be very nice.

Imho the problem with flight numbers is arm speed. I wonder what the base line speed of release is for these numbers.

I agree millennium does run numbers so we can track each run. I've been waiting a long time since the QOLf 1.1. The new SOLF 1.6 are nice and the LOLF got me excited…. Baby firebirds.

I did have a few of the 2022 master Q Orion lf. It' just feels "taller, bigger" to my hand, like my thumbs is slightly higher with gripping. The SOLF 1.6/7 feel more sleek like my old 1.1.

And the glow feels like a lot of glo feels , like a f'ing beefcake. It will carry if I turn it over and toss it hard.

I'm becoming an OLF convert. Picked one up a QOLF to try as a workhorse control driver and I can see why y'all love it. Did some field work today on distance drivers and the OLF was keeping up with my Graces and Destroyers with similar throws. Between Firebirds, this OLF, and Valkyries, I feel really confident in my driver set up. Might pick up a SOLF to compare.

I'm becoming an OLF convert. Picked one up a QOLF to try as a workhorse control driver and I can see why y'all love it. Did some field work today on distance drivers and the OLF was keeping up with my Graces and Destroyers with similar throws. Between Firebirds, this OLF, and Valkyries, I feel really confident in my driver set up. Might pick up a SOLF to compare.
the new lunar lf is awesome--flat and stable.. I am also enjoying the SOLF., grippy, flat , and will flip up.

I have been throwing the newer MOLFs almost exclusively for about a year now. How do the newer SOLFs compare in flight?

Are the 1.7 SOLF runs being penned "SOF" with no run number or embossment? Picked up this one in a trade.

IMG_5570.jpeg
IMG_5569.jpeg

Thirded it's likely old stock they found and stamped recently.

Dang I may have hit the jackpot then. Will update when it arrives in the mail. I've never thrown a first run so I'm excited!

Alright now that it's in my hands, how do I tell if this is truly a 1.1? The flight plate is almost matte and a different texture than my 1.2 SOLF. Almost "scratchy" sounding. I took a picture of the profile and included my other SOLF for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_5619.jpeg
    IMG_5619.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5623.jpeg
    IMG_5623.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Interesting enough my 1.2 also has patent number tooling but is definitely a 1.2, so I wonder when that change happened.