• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One day in Portland

Why were you walking around town in New Orleans? Are you nuts?

Maybe. But New Orleans is one of the best, most walkable, fun cities in the world. disgusting weather notwithstanding.

In fact, I first kissed my wife 12 years ago today in an alley off Dauphine, and we ended the night walking back from the Monteleone to my house uptown with the sun coming up, having had to duck into a Garden District bar to pick up a go drink and a pair of free sunglasses from the box by the door.

And the thunderstorms. And the heat. And the humidity.

When I lived in New Orleans, I would walk around town with a golf towel slung over my shoulder for half the year, just to wipe away the sweat and mugginess.

I feel ya. I grew up in Shreveport and there were days that were 104 with 85% humidity. I was king of the sweat towels.... and still am.:eek:

Forecast is for very little wind. If that holds up, it will make disc packing really easy and lessen the load by at least three. Maybe more.

Pier first, then Milo. Milo is less crowded and if you get started early, you should have no problem getting them both in. Portland is filled with top tier courses but if I could only play for a day...I would hate myself if I missed either of the two I listed. The rest, although amazing, could be played another time. Just saying.

Both are in the current plan.

Still haven't packed or selected discs. So stressful. I think I am going to stuff a small shoulder strap bag in a backpack, then store discs in pockets of my duffel that I ordinarily do not use. I figure three of the major categories plus putting putter should do it. Or, I could just putt with a base plastic Pure and also approach with it.

I think I am going to stuff a small shoulder strap bag in a backpack, then store discs in pockets of my duffel .

Just curious, do u have a backpack style bag like a Grip, or Voodoo, etc? On short trips, I've packed my clothes and other sundries inside my Grip, transferred most of my discs to a shoulder bag and have easily boarded flights with the Grip in the overhead, and my shoulder bag as my personal "murse"-type bag under my seat. Didn't have to check anything, and got to bring many of my discs.

Just curious, do u have a backpack style bag like a Grip, or Voodoo, etc? On short trips, I've packed my clothes and other sundries inside my Grip, transferred most of my discs to a shoulder bag and have easily boarded flights with the Grip in the overhead, and my shoulder bag as my personal "murse"-type bag under my seat. Didn't have to check anything, and got to bring many of my discs.

I have an Upper Park Rebel. Thanks for the suggestion. I may try that.

Saturday is looking like a glorious day for Milo.

Friday afternoon, not so much. But I am still in.

I slide my Grip A under the seat in front of me. Fits like a glove.

Do you travel with it full of discs, or use it for other stuff then transfer the discs? Seems like #2 would be more efficient in my case considering what i have.

Full of discs, plus some extra items stuffed in if I really need it. I've traveled like that several times and it's worked out well.

Latest posts