• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

The smart thing was waiting until recent DG events had finished before broaching the subject on Twitter. I can't help but wonder if he would be in a better mood, and less contrarian, if he had done better in DGLO.

Eh...Paul's displayed a pretty good mind for business. He's turned "being a good dg player" into a multi-million dollar career.

I'm not arguing that he's an idiot like the other guy, but how much of his financial success was circumstance. Say Paul dominated dg all through the 90s, he wouldn't be a millionaire because there was basically no money in the sport at that time. He dominated during the time dg was blowing up, so he got paid.

It's like getting into Manhattan real estate in the late 70s/early 80s before those neighborhoods got cleaned up/gentrified. Your properties would increase in value dramatically over the next decade, but was that your doing or did you just get lucky? :|

Paul is saying he is OK with what Nikko did. Being OK with screaming at an official's face at a Major, getting close and trying the ghetto "Im going to fight you" act. That is beyond stupid to be OK with that.

Does Paul want that in every tournament? Should Paul do that every time he gets a time or rule violation? Is this the new, modern disc golf we get to look forward to if Paul were PDGA Overlord?

Paul's take is so dumb I have a hard time believing its him.

Paul is saying he is OK with what Nikko did. Being OK with screaming at an official's face at a Major, getting close and trying the ghetto "Im going to fight you" act. That is beyond stupid to be OK with that.
It really doesn't read as "being OK" with it, he just thought it was excessive to deem it a Class A offence. The problem is it doesn't really fall into any other class of offences; it was behavioral intimidation, but Nikko didn't assault anyone which can be seen as a mitigating factor. 9 months + probation is actually quite fair from the rules standpoint.

Claiming the official made things worse is the dumb part about his posts. It's actually disrespectful to assume unlikely ill intent ("staring down") by a PDGA official.

Last edited:
The Paulitician.
What's ridiculous is that I couldn't see Paul doing this.

Also, Paul and Nikko go pretty far back.

Anecdote: Paul had played my local course once or twice and brought Nikko up one day. I want to say this was about 10+ years ago. IIRC they toured around California quite a bit when Paul was still here and Nikko visited.

(Nikko also nearly got in a fight with one of our locals who was another blowhard but that's a different story.)

Can't always throw out the baby with the bath water. Sometimes even Brody is right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, to add another bad metaphor.

I don't care about him and Paul, that's all background noise.

A stopped clock is right twice a day, but it's still not ever accurate.

Mind blown lol. It is still accurate twice a day, unless there is something semantical 8m missing.

Look at the clock. Now tell me what the actual time is.

You can't. Looking at the clock tells you no useful information.

Look at the clock. Now tell me what the actual time is.

You can't. Looking at the clock tells you no useful information.

It is 9:11, until the clock changes to 9:12, then it is 9:12 for the next 60 seconds.

All commerce runs on the clock, so that is somewhat of a hot take, but I understand your point. The nature of keeping time is fleeting.

It is 9:11, until the clock changes to 9:12, then it is 9:12 for the next 60 seconds.

All commerce runs on the clock, so that is somewhat of a hot take, but I understand your point. The nature of keeping time is fleeting.

The point I think trying to be made is this--how would you KNOW when that broken clock is right, without another clock?

Latest posts