• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] pdga aproves prodigy mids?

So a disc is not as OS as a different disc, both of which are more OS than your current disc which youre trying to find an OS compliment for, so you get neither? Lol.

Fwiw, i disagree with skinny i think its beffier than a gator its faster and has more glide making it seem less os imo.

I'm not neccesarily looking for a really OS mid. I think my mid lineup of Roc3-Ibex-Tangent is preety versatile and covers any shot I need for the time being. I do love the Prodigy plastic blend, but for the prices these things are going for, I don't see the need to make that kind of investment. Maybe down the road, but for now I'll pass.

I think most notable to me ( other than bad form etc ) is the finish on the M3s & M4s. I think the 2nd video has a sequence going back into the wind, but next time we go out we'll add FH shots as well, and stick more to the new stuff and less throws with discs everyone's seen

-neither of us owns a gator or drone so we couldnt add that in. Srry

Last edited:
i like the straight flight of the m4 too bad i only ordered m1's and m3's lol and they don't look like they're gonna replace my gator roc3 buzzz or mako.

In ball golf they came up with the iron Byron. It was a mechanical device that basically swung the golf club exactly the same every time. This way they could test different clubs and balls and get a true comparison. it would be cool to have something similar for disc golf. You could get 5 or 10 molds and get a true flight path for each disc.

Cool video, Seems this guy had a pretty consistent throw, Giving you a idea on the stability of each disc.

Im still working on the mids in my bag now, I dont want put these Prodigys in the mix just yet.

In ball golf they came up with the iron Byron. It was a mechanical device that basically swung the golf club exactly the same every time. This way they could test different clubs and balls and get a true comparison. it would be cool to have something similar for disc golf. You could get 5 or 10 molds and get a true flight path for each disc.

Cool video, Seems this guy had a pretty consistent throw, Giving you a idea on the stability of each disc.

Im still working on the mids in my bag now, I dont want put these Prodigys in the mix just yet.

one of the things they use to throw clay pigeons for target shooting on a bigger scale would be perfect.

really do not think that i am going to need any of that line but i am intrigued enough to try out the M1 and M4. Heard the plastic is really sweet and grippy so I am going to give it a chance. Dont think its going to break up the Mako Buzzz Wasp Gator but if you stay the same you never are going to get better. Always trying something new.

are you not a fan of the gator?

I have one in my 150 class bag, along with a DX Roc and a KC Pro (0x) Roc, so I wouldn't say I dislike them, I just don't find them overly useful in day-to-day situations. It's the most OS mid I've ever thrown, and I don't see too many advantages to it over my Roc3 at the moment.

I have one in the 150 class because even at 150g, it fights the wind. Most 150 class discs, particularly mids and putters, are useless in a strong headwind and unpredictable in a mild headwind. But max weight (180g) mids like my Roc3 do just fine.

For me, the only benefit to having an M1 in my bag is their plastic blend, but I don't see myself throwing it all that much over my Roc3, which has a pretty choice blend itself. From the initial feedback, the rest of the M-series doesn't seem to do anything that my Roc3, Ibex and Tangent can't cover already. I might try one, but not at the prices they are currently going for.

Plus the pro reviews are inherently bias

Schusterick always says something like: "I don't want to compare it to any other disc out there because it's really THAT amazing."

jeez ... it's a disc, it's going to fly through the air like any other of the 500+ PDGA approved discs, there's going to be a comparison out there

In Feldberg's latest ITB vid, he actually did compare his Lat/West/DD discs to his old bag (or "that disc that Cale likes to throw") ... quite refreshing really

Schusterick always says something like: "I don't want to compare it to any other disc out there because it's really THAT amazing."

jeez ... it's a disc, it's going to fly through the air like any other of the 500+ PDGA approved discs, there's going to be a comparison

All of the prodigy vids and posts from the team I have seen follow this trend. They have obviously been told or instructed not to compare them to things.
The reason is, If you say, flies like a wraith, there will be a % of potential buyers who will say "i already have a wraith, and am comfortable with it and dont need to replace it" or " i already have a wraith, i dont like it" neither of these people will buy one now.

Got some more throws in with the M3(2?), the one that has a wing like a vector.

It's really HSS with a lot of LSS. Flat throw, full pull, very small turn, hard fade. Really hornet-like, better glide, about the same speed. I think this might have been supposed to be the M2. The first day i played with it, it was really windy, i was getting a similar flight to a fresh kc roc, without the wind, its noticably beefier. For sure more OS than any of my ghosts, even my new Pinnacle ones.

I have one in my 150 class bag, along with a DX Roc and a KC Pro (0x) Roc, so I wouldn't say I dislike them, I just don't find them overly useful in day-to-day situations. It's the most OS mid I've ever thrown, and I don't see too many advantages to it over my Roc3 at the moment.

I have one in the 150 class because even at 150g, it fights the wind. Most 150 class discs, particularly mids and putters, are useless in a strong headwind and unpredictable in a mild headwind. But max weight (180g) mids like my Roc3 do just fine.

For me, the only benefit to having an M1 in my bag is their plastic blend, but I don't see myself throwing it all that much over my Roc3, which has a pretty choice blend itself. From the initial feedback, the rest of the M-series doesn't seem to do anything that my Roc3, Ibex and Tangent can't cover already. I might try one, but not at the prices they are currently going for.

I see that makes sense. I seem to love over stable stuff idk if its because I have bad form but the gator flies pretty straight for me and crashes hard to the left(rhbh) and sits. My buzzz I really like for annhyzers. I'm playing tomorrow so ill see how I like these m series and report my feedback