• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pennsylvania DG Tour 2012

I don't get the hate for it. I always enjoy playing there. I think it's a nice park, aesthetically, and one of the only courses around here you can really open up and crank shots on more than a hole or two.

Maybe it's because I never played it pre-redesign, I dont' know.

Nockamixon is a no-brainer MUST play, agreed.

true Brad...given the context of the area it allows for a different type of disc golf....I guess I remember it far more pristine conditions and a handful of the holes have changed. I guess I don't enjoy open courses as much cause I dont have the D to really enjoy them.

I still think Tinicum when the grass is low is a better open course than Parkway but thats a big "if the grass is mowed" lol

true Brad...given the context of the area it allows for a different type of disc golf....I guess I remember it far more pristine conditions and a handful of the holes have changed. I guess I don't enjoy open courses as much cause I dont have the D to really enjoy them.

Have more D than I do!

I still think Tinicum when the grass is low is a better open course than Parkway but thats a big "if the grass is mowed" lol

I can't argue with that at all. I like the water that comes into play @ LLP, but I really do like the mowed out fairways and rough @ Tinicum

Tyler's grass has just been mowed so the course is looking great. However, the bunkers that have been built up throughout the course seem to be getting bigger and bigger everyday. I was there last night and we had some tree branches fall from the storm that just went through Bucks County. There will be some new pin placements for those of you who haven't played the course in a while. Also, Hole three is now in C position so if you play soon, you will get a treat (or a punishment) however you look at it.

oops, forgot about nocky...definitely play nocky!!! skip everything else in the area if you have to, but definitely play nockamixon

Play quaker's challenge and sankanac in one day, skipping right by french creek. FC is okay, but not nearly as fun or scenic as sankanac. While in Allentown, play jordan and little lehigh in one day; then head over to tinicum the next day with a round at tyler later that day. Also, why would you play some Pittsburgh courses, then head to WV, then go back up to P-burgh? I would suggest playing the P-burgh courses then head to WV, then up to eastern PA.

I want to see Rush in Pittsburgh on 9/11, so I'm trying to hang around for three days.

I would hit up Codorus or Whispering Falls(27 holes now) with Quaker's Challenge instead of Little Lehigh, or some of the others mentioned. You can put me on the Little Lehigh hate list. Jordan Creek is ok, the locals seem to think it's a five disc course for some weird reason. Nockamixon, Iron Hill, and Tyler are musts since you are leaving from Philly. Paw Paw is just awesome! You could do Whispering Falls and Paw Paw, it's only an hour drive although you will be pooped.

On the Pittsburgh side Moraine, Deer Lakes, Knob Hill, Linbrook and 2 Mile Run are all great courses. IUP is ok, there's better courses you could go to, there's a couple really sweet holes, but there's also some really bland holes that may make you wonder why you went. I wish I could tell you about the Black course, it was on my list, but I didn't make it there due to the heat and dehydration, it's also kind of far away from anything else. I haven't been to Tinicum or Sankanac.

9/8 - Fly into Pittsburgh..play Schenley if u have time for a fun pretty warm-up quickie historic course (where it all began in Pitt)
9/9 - Moraine, Deer Lakes and if time IUP College Lodge
9/10 - Woodshed and Whipping Post get lost in the seclusion of it all
9/11 - Whispering Falls and Quakers Challenge if time permits Boulder Woods
9/12 - Jordan and Nockamixon and if time permits Tinicum
9/13 -French Creek and Camp Sankanac and if time permits Brandywine in DE
9/14 - Iron Hill DE and Tyler in PA
9/15 - play Sedgley in Philly for historic and fun...(where it all began in Philly).Fly out of Philly

You cannot go really wrong...well there are some stinkers in PA

I would skip Little Lehigh and Knob Hill

The Black Course is awesome but is gonna cost you a lot of time to get there
Ski Hill courses take an entire day to play...if you play Blue or 7 Springs you are gonna miss some gems...although some people love ski hill disc golf...I am not as enamored
you should be able to make 3 courses a day if you travel to the next course and sleep and wake up and play first thing in the AM....waking and driving kills your time you could be discing and driving and then playing sucks
I listed the best courses for each region IMO....I have several favorite courses near each of these but as a traveling play I am imagining you want the most challenging and interesting dg experience

any questions or if you want a guide feel free to PM me...I am in eastern PA and could possibly do some dg in this area

Would you suggest skipping Little Lehigh and playing both Tinicum and Sankanac? I was considering playing Sedgley Woods depending on what time my plane leaves. I'm also thinking about returning to Pittsburgh Friday night as it will make my rental car about $300 cheaper, so mavbe Whispering Falls on the way back to Pitt.

Last edited:
Revised Schedule -
9/9 - Moundsville Black and Moraine
9/10 - Woodshed and Whipping Post
9/11 - Knob Hill and Deer Lakes
9/12 - Quakers Challenge and Iron Hill
9/13 - Jordan Creek and Tyler
9/14 - Nockamixon and Camp Sankanac
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't know if Camp Sankanac is open? Looks pretty solid although you might juggle a few courses around for driving sake. I think I'd play Knob Hill with Moundsville, and Moraine with Deer Lakes. Jordan with Nockamixon, Tyler with Iron Hill, and then do Codorus or Whispering falls with Quakers.

I don't know if Camp Sankanac is open? Looks pretty solid although you might juggle a few courses around for driving sake. I think I'd play Knob Hill with Moundsville, and Moraine with Deer Lakes. Jordan with Nockamixon, Tyler with Iron Hill, and then do Codorus or Whispering falls with Quakers.

Sank will be open after Labor Day.

Revised Schedule -
Thoughts?

Have to be off Sank by 4pm. Doing Sank than Nock? If so, I can make it for Nocky

This might be a better drive (at least in the Lehigh Valley):

9/13 - Camp Sankanac and Jordan Creek
9/14 - Nockamixon and Tyler

I'm the same way ... only I'd say Whispering Falls :)

It seems to be the most 'out of the way' so if you can get there, you should. I haven't played it since it became a 27 holer but I thought it was pretty impressive with 18.

I've played three of the four. I'd say it depends on what you like, but probably can't go wrong.

Revised Schedule -
Thoughts?

So you have given up on Sedgley? I love playing there and I think you would enjoy it too. Not a crazy hard, long course but it is still really fun

9/9 - drive out and play Moundsville Black and return to Knob Hill
9/10 - Moraine and Deer Lakes then drive to WV
9/11 - wake up play Woodshed and Whipping Post drive to PA
9/13 - Camp Sankanac and Jordan Creek
9/14 - Nockamixon and Tyler

That is your best schedule given the courses you chose as far as driving....it pains me that you are gonna drive by some great courses but that's some pretty amazing DG there

So of the following 4 courses, which two would you play? Jordan Creek, Sankanac, Whispering Falls, Codorus.

What type of golf do you like?

Codorus is hard to pass up, with 54 holes in one place, but that will take a huge chunk of the day to play them all...

Never played Whispering Falls.

Jordan and Sank can have some similarities. Both are worth your time though.

Latest posts