• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

People checking your bag etiquette

Bag etiquette: Looking in a stranger's bag

• Is cool, as long as they don't take anything.

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • Is not cool, unless you ask for permission

Votes: 191 68.0%
  • Not cool, period. None of your business unless I know you

Votes: 52 18.5%
  • I just think this poll is dumb AND I prefer to play bingo with gram gramsth

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters
I really have no desire to look in another persons bag. If they pull out a cool disc I might say something, but I won't go up and ask to see what they are carrying.

I also really don't like people riffling through my bag even when they ask. I am very particular about where my putters/mids/drivers are placed in my bag. It is a confidence/rhythm thing for me. If something is out of place and I can't find it that means I am having to focus on something that can distract me during a round. Same with my putting putters. I never throw them. If you pick it up and throw it at me from 50-100ft away I might give you a nice warning to not do that again

[big post here]

Dude, I don't think BroD is a dickhead pothead teenager that steals discs from people...

Sorry you gotta deal with that kid, but that was an (unintentional?) passive agressive comparison to the brotherman :|

No offense, because I know kids that are like that and have seen it happen more than a few times, but what was the point of that story? This is about people looking through your bag with/without asking, not confronting shady idiots.

The point being that on some level I understand the temptation to look through someone's bag if I think someone stole my disc. I am not condoning the action, but I understand the desire to do so.

Dude, I don't think BroD is a dickhead pothead teenager that steals discs from people...

Sorry you gotta deal with that kid, but that was an (unintentional?) passive agressive comparison to the brotherman :|

I am in no way comparing the OP to the kid in my story. If you knew me more, you would know that I have a tendency to write and write, not because I have something largely important to say, but just because I enjoy to write.

Regardless, as I responded to someone else, the point of my rant was to point out that I understand the temptation to look through someone's bag. I am in no way saying that I would, especially not without asking first, but from personal experience I have become skeptical and the thought to catch someone in a lie at least crosses my mind.

The situations described in the OPs case is different than mine, again I am not comparing what happened to me and him and am not comparing the OP to the shady teenager. I am not giving permission or condoning that person to look through the OP's bag. But I cannot deny that at some point in some situation that the thought of looking through someone's bag at least has not crossed my mind. Thinking about it and acting upon that temptation are two different things.

I am in no way comparing the OP to the kid in my story. If you knew me more, you would know that I have a tendency to write and write, not because I have something largely important to say, but just because I enjoy to write.

All good man, I'm the same way:thmbup:

(I agree with the rest of your post, too)

I'm sort of used to being "that guy with the fancy discs" since I usually carry some MVP, Vibram and Lat. 64 on me so I sort of wrote it off as an extension of that but the more I think about it, I think the guy was hunting for something. He complimented my old Champ Panther though. :|

Lolz, he commented on your Champ Panther and not your self proclaimed "fancy plastic" thats f'in awesome.

Not cool, period. None of your business. Even if I know you....stay outta my bag and I'll stay outta yours.......

I use the rules I learned by going to car shows when I was younger.

Looky-looky is OK, touchy-touchy is no-go.

I really have no desire to look in another persons bag. If they pull out a cool disc I might say something, but I won't go up and ask to see what they are carrying.

This is how I feel about the topic. I have never gone into someone's bag unless he has specifically requested I grab a disc for him.

I definitely would have said something to him the second his hand went in MY bag. That's just rude.

Same thing when you get a new disc and someone asks to see it, then they start bending it and pushing in the rim with their thumbs. That's not your disc dude, don't do that.

depends. They can look at my bag allt hey want as long as they dont touch. if you want to touch ask for permission.

Dang, he caught me. I'm katana, it's all been an elaborate ruse this whole time. :|
Lolz, he commented on your Champ Panther and not your self proclaimed "fancy plastic" thats f'in awesome.
Actually, it was my fancy MVP discs that caught his eye in the first place and kick-started the conversation over what plastic I might have. Sorry for the confusion.

I keep trying to think if I did any suspicious behavior to warrant him performing a bag check on me. When I got to the course, instead of waiting at hole 1 I saw a convenient gap and jumped onto the back 9 to start my round. That's all I got really. When I came back around to hole 1 I got stuck behind this nice hippie guy and his son and that was the story for the rest of the round.

The guy was nice and all, it wasn't like he had an accusatory tone or anything, he just saw I had MVP in my Fade bag on the ground, commented about it, and as soon as I know it he's crouched down and checking out my discs. He was definitely way into DG, he had a Grip bag on him. My only guess is that I resembled a profile of someone that had a rep for being shady.

Either way, I'm not upset about it, just thought it was weird since I've never had that happen to me.

Yup.

Don't get my next sentence wrong, I'm a sweetheart/gentlemen/scholar, but I'm Irish:) I have wayy too short of a temper/suspicion of strangers that I wouldn't have let that go down how it did...confrontation here! :popcorn:

^^^ This. And I'm sure the fact that we live in urban areas doesn't help with our paranoia either lol

Same thing when you get a new disc and someone asks to see it, then they start bending it and pushing in the rim with their thumbs. That's not your disc dude, don't do that.

I hate when people do this too! I had that happen in the past and was like wtf dude?!? and then snatched my disc back out of their hand :mad:

Dang, he caught me. I'm katana, it's all been an elaborate ruse this whole time. :|

He finally comes out about it! :)

^^^ This. And I'm sure the fact that we live in urban areas doesn't help with our paranoia either lol

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you:cool:

(a poster of that was in my childhood dentists office, lol)

PS...someone at Tyler didn't return a Boss to you recently, did they? If so that was me lol

I wouldn't mind if they asked, but without asking its like going in someones car without asking and you can only expect the worst if they didnt take the courtesy to ask. Im not saying everyone that doesnt ask is going to steal a disc though

Latest posts