• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

People checking your bag etiquette

Bag etiquette: Looking in a stranger's bag

• Is cool, as long as they don't take anything.

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • Is not cool, unless you ask for permission

Votes: 191 68.0%
  • Not cool, period. None of your business unless I know you

Votes: 52 18.5%
  • I just think this poll is dumb AND I prefer to play bingo with gram gramsth

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters
Glad you aren't a Mets fan:thmbup:
Yea man always been a Philly sports fan, also lived in Philadelphia for a couple years. I am too close for comfort with alot of Yankees and Mets fans around here though, its like the melting pot of tri-state area sports fans lol

Depends on the situation. If I felt that the dude was suspecting I stole discs I would be a bit pissed. On the other hand, if he's just a plastic junkie I'd be cool with that. I would ask first tho.

Yea man always been a Philly sports fan, also lived in Philadelphia for a couple years. I am too close for comfort with alot of Yankees and Mets fans around here though, its like the melting pot of tri-state area sports fans lol

Yeah I'm familiar with Treh'in lol:D

That bridge to Morrisville Borough is hilarious, by the way.

EDIT:: Sorry BroD, but yeah I don't think you starting on hole #9 would justify a search/seizure. I start on 2, play 2 then jump to 19, play til 3 then skip to 12, or start on 21 all the time - I've never gotten any suspicious behavior. And no I don't cut anyone off, if I do I let them "play through" since I had clearly just cut ahead and all of us know that.

Last edited:
I've been playing for almost 10 years now and I've never had someone just start rifling through my bag.. I have had someone ask me before, but not many times.
First off it's my property so don't touch it.. Second I don't want you touching the plastic that I will be throwing shortly. I don't know if you have Dorito fingers or you just had some butt love in the woods.

If you want to see what's in my bag just ask and I'll show you.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

I hate when people do this too! I had that happen in the past and was like wtf dude?!? and then snatched my disc back out of their hand :mad:

It's called "Finger Smashin'" or "Finger Bangin'" a disc... It's a crime in some towns!!
I don't mind when people grope some of my new plastic i show them since I am a bit of a plastic fondler myself, but they better not do that to my DX stuff.. Don't finger smash anything that will permanently bend!!

You know you are a disc golf addict when you finger smash your plastic more than your girlfriend.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Last edited:
As for the poll, as long as you have nothing to hide you shouldn't really have problem with that.

that's the same BS excuse that police and congress use to take away our civil liberties and privacy... Glad you are ok with it.. I'm not :)

the problem is that my bag and discs are my property. I have a problem with people going through my belongings and I "Should really have a problem with that".

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

I have had it happen a couple times during doubles rounds. I would throw and turn around and see one of the other guys looking in my bag. But that doesn't bother me too much, because it had been early in the round and i have some idea of who the guys were.

But a random stranger when its just me on the course needs to ask for permission before they dive in. I don't have any fancy stuff really. I mean a few Lat 64 discs, occasionally some MVP, some limited run wizards, and then metal flake and what not. So some of that catches peoples eye and they get curious, but still ask I will gladly show you and tell you what they are.

You touch my discs, I cut your wrists.

I protect my crappy DX with my life! :|

I use a this backpack I have had for about 8 years that's covered in band patches and has d-rings and clasps on it......so for them to get into it to look at my bags they would have to go through unhooking a bunch of stuff and if they do that and I don't know them.....not cool.

For me, i'd have to say not cool. If i'm playing with someone I don't know, I'll talk with them about discs, ask them their favorite, any special discs, etc. but i have never gone through someones bag unless its my friend and they say "hey toss me that (insert disc here)" for some reason.

That is just like someone walking up to your wife and checking out her goodies w/out asking you. Get permission first buddy!!!

I know everyone that plays in the area, so I don't mind them looking without asking.

If a random person came up and started looking through my bag, I'd be bothered.

I have a rule for every person I play with, if they are to play a round with me they must let me look through their bag to see if they have one of my long lost baby's.

Friends can go through my bag and even borrow discs for shots at will.
Strangers can request supervised visits.:|

Latest posts