• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Last edited:
Big Z Zombee from GGGT. 177g+.

Got this one in the mail today. A few throws at the local course earlier & it's the most stable Zombee I've thrown. Its a solid 6/5/-1/2 right now.

If heard that DC was going to change their Big Z stamps but I think this is one of the best.

I dig this mold.

Attachments

• IMG_20191209_204342.jpg
    IMG_20191209_204342.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
For years I've said I would love an all-pink bag. Late this year I finally pulled the trigger, mostly because every disc I wanted was available in pink and in the weight I was looking for and all at one store.

My favorite time of year to play is in the fall, and those white/yellow/orange discs that service me so well in the Spring and Summer disappear under the leaves in the fall. Pink is pink. Plus, I have no connection to these discs, so if I lose one, I'm not going to waste a whole lot of time looking for it.

If the weights seem light to you, I get it, but I'm an older player with a weaker arm, so this is where I'm at right now. I throw all these molds on a regular basis and am very familiar with them, so I feel like I can take this bag to those random courses you play when you're out of town and be able to manage 90% of the holes.

Distance driver
1 - Destroyer (Blizzard Champion, Standard, 147, Pink)
Fairway drivers (stable/understable)
1 - Wraith (Star, 12x World Champion Ken Climo, 170, Pink)
1 - Roadrunner (Star, Gregg Barsby 2018 World Champion, 157, Pink)
Mids (overstable/straight/understable)
1 - Gator (Star, Standard, 175, Pink)
1 - Buzzz (Z-Line, Standard, 168, Pink)
1 - Stratus (X-Line, Standard, 166, Pink)
Approach
1 - Aviar P & A (Champion, Standard, 167, Pink)

Bonus:
1 - Zephyr (DX, Standard, 176, Pink)*
*For next year's World Zephyr Championship

I bought a couple of Discraft SOL's in Z plastic, blue, green, both 169g. Anxious to try them out when Iowa temps warm up.:clap:

Got an XT Polecat from the Innova Proshop. Took it out today for my first round in a couple of weeks (thanks to Holidays and less than ideal weather). The plastic felt pretty good. I'm going to have to work with it, as the flight seemed to be less glidey than my Champ and DX Polecats, but that may have been some rust in the archer's wrist. I'll try a few more round with it.

Also picked up a Pro Tern, just to see how it would do. It appears to fly like a Tern, and we'll see how it does with more use.

Have been using a cryZtal roach I grabbed from wingz DG on eBay and then saw they released some cryztal sparkle so I also nabbed one of those. Hoping this signals the roach being offered in more plastics

A hell of a haul from a recent charity raffle

Weston Isaacs Medium Pure
Grady Shue PD
2nd run X-Out PD2
2014 Christmas Roc
Luster 30-year San Marino Roc
2014 Pro Worlds G* Roc
First Run Mace

Plus an Arby's Raptor. Santa came early this year!

IMG20191217183111682.jpg

A hell of a haul from a recent charity raffle

Weston Isaacs Medium Pure
Grady Shue PD
2nd run X-Out PD2
2014 Christmas Roc
Luster 30-year San Marino Roc
2014 Pro Worlds G* Roc
First Run Mace

Plus an Arby's Raptor. Santa came early this year!

IMG20191217183111682.jpg

That Arby's Raptor hahahaha. I hope they make more of those.

Christmas gifts to myself:

Classic Marshal (pink) - backup and for Throw Pink month.
I-blend Tomb - love I-blend plastic; will season it in to the stability of a fresh Star Stud.
Ti Zone (pink) - backup and Throw Pink month.
I-blend Centurion - been wanting to try the Centurion; pulled the trigger as it came out in I-blend.
Pro Wraith - in the 150-class, only for open spaces, may replace my Shryke/Tern as my distance driver.

Because I needed another goes pretty much exactly where you throw it midrange.
A 168 gram bright bright blue Z Buzzz.
Because I needed to dip my toes in Discraft waters.

Christmas gifts to myself:

Classic Marshal (pink) - backup and for Throw Pink month.
I-blend Tomb - love I-blend plastic; will season it in to the stability of a fresh Star Stud.
Ti Zone (pink) - backup and Throw Pink month.
I-blend Centurion - been wanting to try the Centurion; pulled the trigger as it came out in I-blend.
Pro Wraith - in the 150-class, only for open spaces, may replace my Shryke/Tern as my distance driver.

That Wraith is going to bomb haha. Don't let it hit any trees & that thing will stay stable. Maybe have a friend spot with a telescope to keep track of it.

Decent day at the local PIAS....
(4) SSS wizards
(3) DX Rocs
(2) Star Wraiths
Pro Wraith
Star Mystere
Champ Valk (gummy as hell)
Glow Champ Gazelle
Blizz TeeDevil
PFN champ RR
.... ... ... PFN Star Destroyer (pm me if you're in the mood)

Cryztal Luna

Big Z Roach
Ti Roach
4x ProD Roach
Cryztal Roach
Anybody notice a trend here?
I bought the Cryztal Luna and fell in love with it.
Bought the Roaches because they're just so darn close to the Luna, and fly very much the same way - just a teeny bit less stable.
Still looking for a Big Z Luna and another Cryztal Luna, just not willing to pay that kind of money. They'll be available in production eventually...

Just signed up and this is my first post.

Thought I would share a picture of my latest disc. It just arrived this afternoon. I'll be playing a round in the morning and I'll try using this for any shot I would normally use my Harp for and we'll see how it goes.

9281722bdb4bb3259bb5ed1258beb26f.jpg

Just signed up and this is my first post.

Thought I would share a picture of my latest disc. It just arrived this afternoon. I'll be playing a round in the morning and I'll try using this for any shot I would normally use my Harp for and we'll see how it goes.

9281722bdb4bb3259bb5ed1258beb26f.jpg

Welcome. This forum is like 'show & tell' for grown-ups. Feel free to find the right thread for a flight review when you get to throwing that one.

Welcome. This forum is like 'show & tell' for grown-ups. Feel free to find the right thread for a flight review when you get to throwing that one.

I actually threw it on the course today.

I'll see if I can find the right spot for a review and give my impressions.

Thanks.

Decent day at the local PIAS....
(4) SSS wizards
(3) DX Rocs
(2) Star Wraiths
Pro Wraith
Star Mystere
Champ Valk (gummy as hell)
Glow Champ Gazelle
Blizz TeeDevil
PFN champ RR
.... ... ... PFN Star Destroyer (pm me if you're in the mood)

Those Gummy Champ Valkyrie can be found new on the Innova Disc Golf Pro Shop and if the disc looks like this https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-valkyrie-xtra-gummy.html you probably have one of those discs. I have never liked those but I do like the slightly gummy even though most I have talked to about who use the Champion Valkyrie like the Jolly Luancher type plastic and even more so in regular production runs.

Latest posts