• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Premium plastic replacement for DX Eagle

Matt O

Birdie Member
I really liked how my DX Eagle flew when it was new, a subtle turn, and a predictable subtle fade. It's starting to get beat up now, and I'd like to get something more durable to replace it. My buddy has a Star Eagle and he says it's a lot different than his DX. I recently purchased a Star FL, it seems to fly identical to my DX Firebird. Would a Star or Champ TL be close to a DX Eagle? Should I just beat up a Star or Champ Eagle? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Champ Eagles are much better in my opinion than either dx or star. Get an Eagle L if you want it to have more turn.

nope, just not made as much. I throw mostly Eagle for drives and pair an Eagle X and L together to hit more lines. My L is beat to straight but still maintains that dependable finish.

My Eagle isn't too terribly beat in. I play a lot of wooded courses, and I'm afraid I'm going to kill my current Eagle eventually. I'm happy with my FL, now I just need something that can shape that right to left s-curve that can take a bit of a beating.

It will do that, but the champ will beat in fairly quickly and then maintain that perfect beat form for a long long time even after hitting many more trees. Had mine in the bag for over a year.

A Champ Eagle would be a good choice, the place I usually buy discs has a huge selection of Innova, but mostly just the "mainstream" stuff you see on Innova's website. Definitely would be cool to get something that I can pick whatever color and weight. Any opinion on the TL?

TL is much more straight at lower power levels and more understable at higher power levels. Not as dependable for me but the plus side would be not needing to break it in. Might try a Lat 64 River if you want the equivalent of a beat in Eagle. Gold Line would probably be best.

I just looked up the Saint on Lat 64s website, maybe a little faster than what I'm looking for. My DX Eagle is 168g. Should I try to find a Champ one that is about the same weight?

One of my friends has a River he's looking to trade. It's whatever their "champion" plastic is called. There's a cheaper option.

yep Opto is the most durable plastic on the market so slightly used for it is like new for other companies. Worth a try I would think