• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Premium plastic replacement for DX Eagle

I really liked how my DX Eagle flew when it was new, a subtle turn, and a predictable subtle fade. It's starting to get beat up now, and I'd like to get something more durable to replace it. My buddy has a Star Eagle and he says it's a lot different than his DX. I recently purchased a Star FL, it seems to fly identical to my DX Firebird. Would a Star or Champ TL be close to a DX Eagle? Should I just beat up a Star or Champ Eagle? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Is your DX Eagle and Eagle-X or Eagle-L? If it's an Ealge-X, I would suggest a Star Eagle (they are all Eagle-X's BTW), if it's an L mold, maybe a Champ or Star Leopard? Or Champ Eagle-L?

They had a few Champ Eagle-Ls. I chose the less domey one, 170g. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet. They actually had a couple DX Eagle-Ls, but they were both 150g.

Glow-Gazelle will be more like what you want out of the box, and should get you by until your Eagle-L gets there, which will hold you off until your Eagle X does :)

The Champ Eagle-L flies almost identical to my DX Eagle-X. I did get the River. Not like the Eagle, but still an awesome disc. I had some great shots with it today. Kind of a longer Leopard. I think I may have my premium plastic needs covered for now. Thanks to everone for their suggestions!

The Champ Eagle-L flies almost identical to my DX Eagle-X. I did get the River. Not like the Eagle, but still an awesome disc. I had some great shots with it today. Kind of a longer Leopard. I think I may have my premium plastic needs covered for now. Thanks to everone for their suggestions!

Glad the Eagle is working for you! Definitely my go-to driver so happy that another player is pleased with it. Best of luck!

The DX Eagle can hold more of an anhyzer line, as expected. The Champ-L goes mostly straight with minimal fade. Both go farther than any other distance driver I've ever thrown. Shot a personal best score at Portage Lakes today.

The DX is an X. My friends Star Eagle-X is still pretty overstable. I'm happy now; DX Eagle-X for anhyzer, Champ Eagle-L for straight or slight hyzers, and the Star FL for the predictable hyzer. Champ Leopard and Opto River for uphill shots. The only other driver I think I'll put in my bag is my Pro Vulcan. That thing will roll at least another 150' after it lands, but only good for open courses. Goodbye Boss, Katana, and Force. Sorry, the Eagle is still a better disc.