• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prettiest flight paths

The Katana is nice, but it it goes too quick. They you have to go and get it. The longer flying ones give you more to watch per throw.

Base plastic JLS, Love watching it flip up to flat and hold it all the way to the ground, wicked glide.

A buzzz thrown perfectly flat is nice to watch too.

mmmm pretty lines...

i love watching the glide on a meteor/fuse as well as my rivers.. recently, loving my lightweight orc and eagle.. also the havoc

But the line that gives me the most satisfaction is my wizard annies... just holds it so nice and drops flat - usually in the basket ;) if I am on my game, that is

wizard+downhill elevation. putter lines are just tight to watch, they stay in the air for soooo long.

COMETS! A Comet holds its line, and defines the word "glide." The disc just goes forever! Some go longer, but too fast.

the Avenger flx SS gives the prettiest BH Drives, Flies like a snake left right left :)

Also my star boss when thrown flick just keeps flying and flying thing has some nice glide.

Straight flight!

'S' turns are nice but I love a downhill shot with my DX Rancho Roc because it flies (glides) so straight with minimal fade. The super-straight flight is just so cool to watch. Roc I'm glad I discovered ye!

I can't believe no one has said Star Katana. Opposite of most of these posts I like watch a disc go as fast as possible through its S curve. Another good one is a beat dx stingray.

Yeah I was getting pretty confused as to why nobody had mentioned this 4 pages into the post. You can't beat watching this blade of a disc dart around. The one disc that comes close is the Gold line Striker. That thing is so easy to throw straight and it just seems to nullify OAT. Must be the Swedish design but there are times I throw this thing and it doesn't look like it's flying, just getting smaller.

I love watching a 170g, beat-to-hell DX Wraith when thrown with a ton of hyzer, and some serious snap. It'll turn over like it's rolling over the top of a barrel, then fly to the right a bit, and start to fade forward. They just seem to stay up in the air forever.

'S' turns are nice but I love a downhill shot with my DX Rancho Roc because it flies (glides) so straight with minimal fade. The super-straight flight is just so cool to watch. Roc I'm glad I discovered ye!

The Avenger also does this flight, it is nice to just watch it go 350+ with no fade at all:thmbup:

I love watching my flydye buzzz. The rotating colors combined with the straight and steady flight path. Also whenever I flick my destroyer. It zips out nice and flat for like 300ft then drops for the last 50ish.

I got to see Garrett Gurthie throw 600'(ish) with a Destroyer at a clinic during the AmWorlds.

I still get misty just recalling it.

The disc didn't start to work for the first 200'. It didn't have a chance. Too fast. By the time you figured out how the disc was gonna fly, it was already farther than most average players can throw.

It leveled out at 350' and carried...

And carried...

Garrett:
"So does anybody have any questions?"

Old guy in the audience:
"Yeah, did than land yet, I can't see it."

1st run Pearly 177g orange buzzz..... Never gets lazy always working left to right (RHBH) so smooth. 330-350 of the sexiest feet you have ever witnessed on a hyzer flip .... If I lose that disc= I lose my identity.

What disc do You think has the nicest flight?
One that slams chains!

Disc golf art forms I like (not in any particular order):
- Beat, flippy, 150 R-Pro Boss: (well executed hyzer flips are truly a thing of beauty) :D
- Avenger SS: for a nice S-shot :cool:
- Z-Comet (keep away from that nasty whole grain!) :thmbup: just fun to watch
- 160 DX Lep: for a RHBH shot that turns over to the right and just gliiiides, barely fades back to the left - love it for long, right turning fairways. :)
- new 150g R-Pro Boss...for that long, low, flat, gently hooking line.

(Not that I can do it), but I enoy watching those who can corkscrew a long tommie or thumber through and around tree tops like guided missiles. :hfive:

Last edited:
mrdans4... interesting avatar. pretty flight path indeed. :D

Last edited:
Fuse!
And on more than one line. It can go dead straight or do a long slow turn with or without a fade at the end.
It seems to defy physics. A friend calls it my "UFO Disc".

DEFINITELY. I just got mine in the mail a few days ago, and have already had better shots with it than some of my discs I've had for years. Throwing it with a little hyzer in the disc makes it straighten right out, and it glides for days.