• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy Air (blizzard 400 series)

warobert

Eagle Member
Looks like prodigy is joining the 150 class market! D1 and D3 for now with street date of May 26th.

I wonder if this means that prodigy is going to send some of their players to the Japan Open?

Attachments

• Prodigy_Air_Announcement.jpg
    Prodigy_Air_Announcement.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_353720326959748.jpeg
    IMG_353720326959748.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_353711700450120.jpeg
    IMG_353711700450120.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 80
As much as everyone hates on blizzard plastic, I see a whole lot of people using it on the course. They're not my cup of tea, but it seems that these 150 class discs have no trouble selling out. So that along with Prodigy's wonderfully grippy plastic, I'm sure these will be a hit.

^^i never see anyone using it. other than an occasional chucker. but even at that its pretty rare

They have 350rx.....which is ? 150-160? now Air that is 140-150? hmmmm cool that there are all these options. I prefer 170+ for MY stuff....but I Do see people using lighter weights....I think youth and older players will appreciate it. I think its good for new players too.

so....Cool.

But I'd rather see more 400 run stuff. F4 would be interesting....and i want to see a series between D and F.

^^i never see anyone using it. other than an occasional chucker. but even at that its pretty rare

Must have a pretty young population there then. In KC, where there are more people over 40 than under 40 playing the game (and we have a ton of players), the light plastic really took flight. A lot of the guys who have been playing for 20 years once again were able to keep up with the bigger armed guys.

There are a few 980+ rated Masters guys out here that throw the heck out of Blizzard discs. I can't stand it personally, but everything isn't for everyone. I've been whooped by those guys more than a few times, so I can't knock it!

There's a local pro player that loves(and by 'loves' I mean hoards) max weight(167g?) Blizzard Bosses, and it's not like he needs the extra D that a lighter disc provides... the guy has a friggin' cannon. I do like the feel of Innovas Blizzard plastic more than their other premium plastics but that's not saying a whole lot. Make no mistake though...of all of the innovations(and there are many) that Innova has brought to disc golf I'd put their release of blizzard plastic near, if not at the top.

There's a local pro player that loves(and by 'loves' I mean hoards) max weight(167g?) Blizzard Bosses, and it's not like he needs the extra D that a lighter disc provides... the guy has a friggin' cannon. I do like the feel of Innovas Blizzard plastic more than their other premium plastics but that's not saying a whole lot. Make no mistake though...of all of the innovations(and there are many) that Innova has brought to disc golf I'd put their release of blizzard plastic near, if not at the top.

Hard to put bubbles above the beveled wing.

Lightweight discs definitely glide farther, they are so cool. I need to find a sweet 150ish air giant to bag for fun.

how are people liking these? i hear they're good.
if Wysocki was owning in Japan, they must be good.

how are people liking these? i hear they're good.
if Wysocki was owning in Japan, they must be good.

I believe I read somewhere in this forum that the Prodigy players were allowed to use other companys' plastic in Japan and that Ricky did the bulk of his damage with a blizzard ape. Can anyone confirm that?

Just bought 2 discs in Prod Air plastic and I can honestly say it's my least favorite lightweight plastic that I've tried. My two discs were the slickest I've ever thrown from any company max or lightweight. When the sun started to heat up these two disc were easily the floppiest of all lightweight fliers in my bag. Based on the feel alone, it was likely my last P-Air purchase.

Latest posts