• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodiscus LASERi

TheBMeistor

Eagle Member
Just got a few of these today, two in basic and one in premium.

Basic seems to fly like Eagle L which is sweet to me since I was looking to replace mine. Premium is straighter but I wouldnt call this a Teebirdish disc.

Threw them alongside my beat DX Eagle L's. Flights similar, but not as much turn in basic (may change when they beat in though).

Premium was pretty straight with an Eagle Xish fade. I only throw 300 max so stronger arms might get more turn on them.

Should turn out to be a little longer than the eagles, the rim is a little wider but they look similar otherwise.

Rim ramps a little steeper than Eagle L but not as steep as X, looks like its right in between.

I was throwing them with a little height, not sure how much straighter they are thrown lower.

Still excited how they turned out as people were making teebird comparisons before they came out, as I am more of an eagle guy myself.

B

I bought one directly from Kai, before they were available in stores. Assuming a 30 day hold in customs plus 3 weeks delivery time, it should be here by the end of next week.

I'm really excited about it, as I love Eagles and hope this fits somewhere between my Warship and Striker.

I'm excited. If you like durable crystal clear gummy plastic their premium plastic is for you.

If it is to the Respecti as the Slaidi and Legenda were to each other, than count me out.

However, the Jokeri and Respecti are great discs (I don't really care for anything else by Prodiscus) so maybe this disc will fall in with them.

I've been throwing them a little more lately. Found someone with some other close discs to compare to as well that I got to throw.

I'll be honest and say that in Premium it is a bit more beefcake than I can handle (at least in part to wieght, 175g), but I wouldn't say it is anywhere near overlapping a RESPECTi. It will be a much farther disc than that.

I can force the basics on a hard slight anny that doesn't come back as long as it is thrown low. Good flat throws 10 feet or so off the ground turn little and fade little as well. Threw a PPD by it (but only twice) and it was fairly similar. Not a coincidence that CPDs and premium LASERi both are too much for me.

Also threw a basic (although more beat in that my LASERi) SLAIDi next to basic LASERi and they flew pretty similar. Enough I wouldn't want both in a bag.

I am pretty sure the 360+ ft crowd will like these a lot in premium, I just need more work before that is a reality for me.

By no means would I call this mold HSS, but in calm conditions it's dead straight out to 380-400'. Eagle L is a fairly good comparison. Been throwing these pretty regularly since they got over stateside and I definitely like it. It's not a "you can't live without this!" disc but it's pretty damn good. Definitely worth a $15 purchase from Marshall St.

In response to the question about holding up in the wind, I play a very windy course and it's definitely not the disc to reach for in a headwind. This disc crushes in a tailwind, though. This is one of my favorite fairway drivers because of how consistent the flights are and the distance I get with the laseri. On a sad note, my laseri hit a tree at the National Championships and put a dent in the plastic :(

Got mine today, so Ill be out throwing it tomorrow so I can write my review for InfiniteDiscs. Not expecting much out of this disc, so lets hope it impresses me.

Huh. I didn't really like this, but I still think its a pretty solid disc. Everything Ive tried from Prodiscus thus far (with the exception of the Jokeri which made the bag) have all been solid discs but nothing special. The Slaidi and Legends were pretty much interchangeable for me...and they were both long, fast, beefy meathooks. Respective was pretty Teebird-esque, but didn't feel as good (to me) in the hand

The Laseri I threw was a 175g Premium. It flew pretty much like and Eagle-X for me...some high speed turn, some decent fade but fairly gentle. Like I said, a solid disc for sure, but I ditched Eagles for Volts a long time ago...

Latest posts