• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Proshop GStar Eagle X & Firebird

I snatched up 3 max weight orange Firebirds. I really love this plastic for a multitude of reasons and I am trying to convert over as much of my bag as possible. I can now pull out the Z Predators and put the Firebirds in their place (I already gave the Pegasus a try but it did not have the range I was looking for). When my Rhynos get here I can take out the Zones. While they are not perfect replacements, the benefits that GStar gives me makes it a win.

The only discs I have left to replace is the Opto XXX and Star Gazelle. I am not dumping the Gazelle unless it is a GStar Gazelle. As for the XXX, it needs to be a freakishly overstable disc with a really blunt nose so that it can take the impacts I give it from constant thumber usage. Plus, a blunt nose driver when thumbed will flop around on the ground upon impact but never get up and roll. That is why I dumped the Flick two years ago, too many rollaways.

FB sounds interesting for thumbers ... nice and flexxy and sticks landings?

Not flat. Also not going to get near the skip of a faf bird. Not gonna be a good thumber disc compared to regular flat firebirds. They basically took the firebird and removed half its utility~

If previous trends hold, we can expect stock runs of G Star Firebirds. I think the reason they gave the TL and Eagles a difderent stamp because they have no plans of releasing them en masse

Not flat. Also not going to get near the skip of a faf bird. Not gonna be a good thumber disc compared to regular flat firebirds. They basically took the firebird and removed half its utility~
wait? you have some g-star firebirds already?

Don't you know that you can intuit the flight characteristics of a new disc that you have never held or thrown by merely looking at a picture of it?

LOL, semi-kidding, maybe he has some. I am hoping they are tougher than the current star FBs I have but similar in flight. I have a couple fafs but they only come out for gale force winds. The stars in my bag are prenumbers, and they are wearing out like pro plastic, big chunks missing and etc. (taking longer than pro but they are rough at this point) They fly great though, worn enough to turn a bit on a flick but still fade down hard.

Don't you know that you can intuit the flight characteristics of a new disc that you have never held or thrown by merely looking at a picture of it?

LOL, semi-kidding, maybe he has some. I am hoping they are tougher than the current star FBs I have but similar in flight. I have a couple fafs but they only come out for gale force winds. The stars in my bag are prenumbers, and they are wearing out like pro plastic, big chunks missing and etc. (taking longer than pro but they are rough at this point) They fly great though, worn enough to turn a bit on a flick but still fade down hard.

i agree. my star fb aesthetic wear similar to pro. they are maintaining their stability but wow they chip and scrape. star isnt that durable.

interested to see how these gstarrr fb fly. hopefully plenty OS and wont over lap with my spd

Surprised the innova heads aren't buying up these firebirds already. That stamp is limited and won't be around long, they will create the circular stock proshop stamp next.

Does anyone actually care about that stamp?

I don't particularly... But it's Innova and for some odd reason almost anything limited (in the world of innova) whether it's first run, proto or LE will be worth more at some point and time. ESPECIALLY Firebirds... :confused:

I guess but that stamps basically just an ad for the pro shop website

I'm intrigued about the Eagle-X's, but I don't know if i'm 17.99 intrigued.

Have we come to the conclusion that G-star discs are less stable than their Star counterparts?

I'm intrigued about the Eagle-X's, but I don't know if i'm 17.99 intrigued.

Have we come to the conclusion that G-star discs are less stable than their Star counterparts?

Nope. Teebirds fly identical to Star Teebs, and Roc 3s have more HSS than Champion Roc 3s. Can't really say about others, but my buddy throws a G Star Beast and he calls it his 'overstable Beast' so Beasts might be more OS as well.

I disagree

The teebirds are slightly different in Gstar. Maybe like a lightly seasoned star.

My 172 gstar and 168 star are the same Teebird. Flights are virtually identical.
Arrow straight and the fade kicks in later than my champ. I am struggling to find a reason to bag both, honestly. (**This is the only gstar bird I've thrown.)

Nope. Teebirds fly identical to Star Teebs, and Roc 3s have more HSS than Champion Roc 3s. Can't really say about others, but my buddy throws a G Star Beast and he calls it his 'overstable Beast' so Beasts might be more OS as well.

My buddies who loved the feel of Gstar found their max weight gstar destroyers, teebirds, and roc3s to be noticeably less overstable when fresh. I saw them throw them many times and it was distinct. Great if you like the feel of the plastic and want one that acts beat in when fresh.

I have thrown most but not all of the GStar and I stand by my original observation that all GStars with the only exception of the Roc3 fly closer to true stability. If they are understable to begin with, like the Roadrunner, Valkyrie, and Leopard, they fly more stable. If they are more stable to overstable to begin with, like the Rhyno, TeeBird, Destroyer, and Pegasus they become less stable. However, those who are gaining stability are still understable, just less understable, and conversely those who are inherently stable to overstable are still such but not as much so.

The Roc3 seems to be the exception, but only a slight exception because while they initially seemed more stable, almost overstable, in comparison to Pro and Champion Roc3s, after a week they were flying almost identical to my Champions. I would not call them seasoned after a week, just maybe it is me getting used to the plastic and flight characteristics of it.

I have two Firebirds coming in the mail this week. It is my intention that they should fly a tick less stable than normal Firebirds, as this has been the trend of GStar so far. This would be ideal because I mean for them to replace my Z Predators. Slowly but surely I want to replace the majority of my bag with GStar because I really do believe in this plastic. Now if they would only release the Monster, Gazelle, and Gator and I would be set.

Latest posts