• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Proshop GStar Eagle X & Firebird

I'm pretty much on the same page.

I think Gstar is fantastic but I want to see how it wears in before I get rid of my other stuff.

I would love a gstar gator. Seasoned gator out of the box....yum.

I couldn't help myself, I used up all of my points to snatch up an orange firebird. I can't wait to try it out, I've thrown the teebird, tern, destroyer and roc3 in g*. But most excited to try this firebird out.

The only discs I have left to replace is the Opto XXX and Star Gazelle. I am not dumping the Gazelle unless it is a GStar Gazelle.

You just put the idea of a G*Gazelle in my mind. Aaaaaaaand now it's all I can think about. I mean, WOW that would be incredible.

I don't understand why one would want a G* Firebird

But I thrown FAF firebirds and Brinster Teebirds for OS duties

I don't understand why one would want a G* Firebird

But I thrown FAF firebirds and Brinster Teebirds for OS duties

More stable then a Brinster but less stable then a FAF. I like Star Firebirds for certain winds and lines which is why I carry one. :thmbup:

A firebird that doesn't skip as much....hhhmmmmmm

Exactly, that's the first thing that came to mind. It might be nice for those longer approach shots that you want to stick and stay down. It's worth a try for sure, and like the guys said above me, in the winter, wet conditions it might be nice for the extra grip.

I should be getting two eagles tomorrow, ill post a review as soon as I throw them.

Everyone says gstar is floppy, but once it leaves your hand it flies true to that mold, it is just floppy in your hand. I can see why gstar might not be the greatest in 90 degree+ weather, but if you give it a chance it's not that "floppy" in my opinion. It's not much different than esp flx really.

Everyone says gstar is floppy, but once it leaves your hand it flies true to that mold, it is just floppy in your hand. I can see why gstar might not be the greatest in 90 degree+ weather, but if you give it a chance it's not that "floppy" in my opinion. It's not much different than esp flx really.

It is definitely bendable and has a little give in my grip, but I would not go as far as calling it floppy. Of course since October we have had only one day above 65 degrees, but even at 50 degrees it had not changed at all from all those days we had in the 10s and 20s.

Does anyone have either in their possession yet? Can you tell us what kind of dome/shoulder they have? Did they mold up flat~ish or deep and domey~ish like the circle stamp(in the case of eagles)?

Latest posts