• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

The warrior is pretty much already what I want. If anything, I'd like to create a different bottom that is a little more concave to increase the overstability out of the box. I want this disc to be pretty OS to start just so it can season across a very broad spectrum of stabilities.

Sounds tasty.

DUDE!

for the lid type disc, use the signature groove but put the rings in the groove!!!!

DUDE!

for the lid type disc, use the signature groove but put the rings in the groove!!!!

Just talked to DaveMac. Seems we are still a few weeks away from being able to tool anything. Painful waiting to get going on a new project but it will be all worth it when I can finally get going on the next disc.

Dave said that we can likely get the Scale running again next week so that we can refresh the Tar Pit & Fossil stock. Also maybe do some small runs of Glow potentially.

Glow Fossil Scale? Glow Chalky Serps?

I feel a brick in my colon. It may be shat should these come out.

Mwahahaha. He still doesn't have the TPU to make Armor though. But that's not the end of the world. The sweet sweet baseline are flying beautifully for me.

It is finally beginning to sink in that RDG may have pulled a Gateway and created a mold that won't be topped in any of our future releases...:|

All I know is you're gonna have a hard time matching the excellence of the Scale. This thing is straight money.

Yup this is my same thought... I feel so comfortable throwing my fossil scale.. Hit pole three times the other day playing in the wind...made 2 20ft putts in headwind..love this disc def gonna get couple more and try out the serp and every other disc you make

I was 7 under par on my local 9 hole course (a personal best). Made 2 50+ foot putts for birdie with my Scale, the 2nd one in the rain. Love this disc!

First of all, thanks for having such great customer service. It feels good working with a company that is so friendly. Second, I got my two Fossil Scales in on Thursday and they are great. I have been throwing a Proto since January and it was looking pretty bad. The Fossil feels better in the hand for a driving grip, but has enough grip to it that I can comfortably approach and drive with a fan grip. I'm really excited for more Fossil Fuel to be available to try out.

First of all, thanks for having such great customer service. It feels good working with a company that is so friendly. Second, I got my two Fossil Scales in on Thursday and they are great. I have been throwing a Proto since January and it was looking pretty bad. The Fossil feels better in the hand for a driving grip, but has enough grip to it that I can comfortably approach and drive with a fan grip. I'm really excited for more Fossil Fuel to be available to try out.

:thmbup: I appreciate the feedback man!

I know Fossil was developed by DaveMac but I like to think that it is my greatest "contribution" to the DG world. I hounded Dave over and over with a request for firm yet velvety plastic that seasons slowly and predictably. I begged him to get the top to be extremely taut and quickly develop a gritty surface complexion. After seasoning up several different Scales from various batches of Fossil, I can say with 100% confidence that this is a pro player caliber blend. So mega props to DaveMac and Gateway for allowing us the opportunity to put together a "fan brand" that is hanging with some of the titans of the industry.

Just got my first Fossil Scale a couple days ago (from JCass's awesome giveaway, thanks!:thmbup:). I'm pretty committed to my Regular Atoms for putting, but I'm loving this thing for approaches. I had maybe an hour to test it out before starting our weekly bag tags, and I was already reaching for it over the Envy on approaches. I agree that it's like an Envy with less glide in amazing baseline plastic.

I used to bag the Envy to cover basically both the stable mid shot and the overstable putter shot, but now that I put the Bard in my bag, the Envy doesn't come out so much. So because the scale is slower and super reliable, I might just take out the Envy and roll Bard/Scale instead of just Envy.

JCass can you give me run down of all the plastics you can get the Scale in? I might want a soft one, or maybe a premium...

I haven't thrown my Fossil or Tar Pit scales since I put the Armor in the bag. I love it, it's crazy overstable for a putter. More overstable than a VP. So consistent on windy upshots.

Latest posts