• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Reptilian Disc Golf : Komodo

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
HI All!!

In addition to the Chameleon, we revently sent in a mold I have been begging to acquire for the last half decade... The Gateway Savage has finally been obtained and will be now produced as the Komodo!

9, 2, 0, 3

The Komodo is a beefy fairway driver that features a smooth rounded shoulder, a flat top & a micro bead.

The Apache bottom paired with the Blaze top make this mold uniquely shaped. I love the handfeel both FH and BH and the flight is very aggressive.

This mold is fantastic for fighting headwinds, skipping around doglegs and pulling out of force flex lines.

I think this mold is unique in a crowded field due to its totally different feel & a fade unlike most discs. Instead of a big swooping bite, the Komodo likes to chomp down to the ground hard, without covering a huge amount of sky as it fades.

Picture shows Chameleon VS Komodo

The Komodo is a fantastic OS fairway that instantly became one of my most thrown discs. Incredible for utility lines and devouring headwinds. Compared t the Raptor, the Komodo has less glide, a more aggressive fade and a much more unique shape.

These should be approved in the next two weeks!! I can't wait to bring this old mold to the masses today!!

Attachments

• 20220527_153307~2.jpg
    20220527_153307~2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220527_153008.jpg
    20220527_153008.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Resized_Untitled_Artwork(62).jp.jpg
    Resized_Untitled_Artwork(62).jp.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 38
I am so excited for these two molds and the old ones coming back with a vengeance the last months.
Will the Komodo fill the utility driver spot well? I really wanted the Fx2 to be it but I am still not sold on it

With this addition RDG could be a fairway powerhouse. Tyrant, Boa, Ptero, V-Raptor+Komodo, Chameleon. Excited to try these new ones!

He did just compare it to the raptor, Jamie any chances we get raptors again?

Yeah I can get Raptors at any time. Daredevil usually has some in stock that I can pull from. I actually just emailed them about a fresh run of Ptero.

The Komodo is more OS than the Raptor.

I compare Raptor to a Sexton FB. Always have.
The Komodo is not quite a FAF FB but it is pretty mean.

With this addition RDG could be a fairway powerhouse. Tyrant, Boa, Ptero, V-Raptor+Komodo, Chameleon. Excited to try these new ones!

Boa unfortunately was never a mold we were able to snag. Gateway still has that one as the Diablo. The Boa was going to be a beefy version of the Diablo but it didn't work out.

All good though as the lineup we are about to have is kick ace.

Boa unfortunately was never a mold we were able to snag. Gateway still has that one as the Diablo. The Boa was going to be a beefy version of the Diablo but it didn't work out.

All good though as the lineup we are about to have is kick ace.

That's a bummer but it looks like the Chameleon could do most of those shots anyway. Excited to try!

Couldn't hold back, got two Komodo and a Chameleon on the way. Thanks for releasing some blanks! I'm a sucker for a blank disc.

Yeah I can get Raptors at any time. Daredevil usually has some in stock that I can pull from. I actually just emailed them about a fresh run of Ptero.

The Komodo is more OS than the Raptor.

I compare Raptor to a Sexton FB. Always have.
The Komodo is not quite a FAF FB but it is pretty mean.

We decided to throw up some blank Chameleons and Komodo for those who can't wait!

https://reptiliandiscgolf.com/collections/drivers/products/Armor-Komodo

Enjoy!

I grabbed a one of each and a Fossil Gila for good measure. If only you had some V-Raptors up and I'd have grabbed one of those too. Between RDG and AGL, my bag is getting overrun with Gateway molded plastic.

That's a bummer but it looks like the Chameleon could do most of those shots anyway. Excited to try!

I went through my collection last night and found my Boa. I'm not sure why I never kept it in my bag.
Jamie, how would the Komodo compare to that?

I also found about 10-12 Raptors in all different types of plastics, may have to put a couple of those back in the bag also

I went through my collection last night and found my Boa. I'm not sure why I never kept it in my bag.
Jamie, how would the Komodo compare to that?

I also found about 10-12 Raptors in all different types of plastics, may have to put a couple of those back in the bag also

Komodo is considerably more OS than the Boa. The run of proto Komodo we have is in a firm HD plastic so I'm excited to try them in a gummy Diamond plastic on the next run to see if they straighten out a good bit. But overall it's a amazing utility disc that I'm throwing more and more each round.

I still want to use the Boa name on a disc bc I think it's great. Hopefully that won't be too confusing some day lol.

I must have jumped on the Chameleons before you loaded the Komodo… I will probably have to make another order here soon…

I'd recommend picking up a Komodo. They're quickly becoming a top three thrower in my bag. I love throwing them forehand. Very comfy profile.

I definitely will. I close on a new house Friday, think there will still be some stock then?

Seeing more raptors could happen is exciting. The petro was one of my most thrown discs this weekend. RDG is really trying to take my whole fairway line up over.

Last edited:
Brodysseus and I were talking and he is hoping for more Raptors as well. Komodo-Raptor-Tyrant-Chameleon-Petro give lots of options for Fariway/control drivers.

Got my Komodo and Chameleon today and I'm pumped to throw these guys! Plastic feels amazing and has a nice touch of flex.

Got my Komodo and Chameleon today and I'm pumped to throw these guys! Plastic feels amazing and has a nice touch of flex.

Please give me your feedback!!

I wouldn't have purchased these molds if I wasn't a huge believer of their flight but feedback is ALWAYS appreciated.

Please give me your feedback!!

I wouldn't have purchased these molds if I wasn't a huge believer of their flight but feedback is ALWAYS appreciated.

Definitely will let you know, the plastic is great and the Navy one has some sparkles. I'll let you know how they throw as soon as I get a chance to throw them!

Latest posts