• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

I find my protos and first runs and current Fossils entirely interchangeable. Except that my protos developed spider cracks along the rims. And they're more worn in.

Does anybody have problems driving the Fossil Scales? I started with a Proto Scale and it was great for driving with either a fan or power grip. Every time it would fade out and skip hard toward the basket. With the Fossil I can't seem to get it working for driving. Every power grip drive it will flutter out and fly straight until it just dies well before my Proto would have. These things are still quite stable on approaches and great in the wind, but I can't seem to get them to work for driving now.

I have found more than once that it can seem easier to throw new discs than once you've had it a bit. It feels like since I am having fun learning the new disc, I am stress free while throwing it. Over thinking tends to mess with every facet of my game. Confidence is key it seems with my Scale. If I don't second guess myself and throw cleanly, the disc is irreplaceable. I had the same flutter from my Armor, and tried to blame it on the flexibility of the disc initially. The disc is more worn now, and I throw it better it seems. The flex had nothing to do with my lack of confidence in the disc and myself. Just give it some time

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Scales are very similar to Wizards in that they all pretty much fly like Scales, regardless of plastic/flex.

I've found that I am really enjoying the Chalk RFF Scale even more than my Fossil. I like that it is truly a hit and stick machine on hyzer approaches while still being rigid enough to handle 100% power off the tee and not feel squishy.

You probably answered this already, but when is tarpit going to be available again? (And armor for that matter)

Honestly I'm not sure either...
We are at the mercy of Gaeways production schedule so it's a slippery slope. Dave wants to put our mold in and run all day which would likley produce more discs than we can/want to sell.

We will 100% we doing more runs but it doesn't appear that it will be within the next few weeks.

Any word on the new mold yet?

That's another negative.

If it were up to me we would already have the mold tooled and running but it is tough to squeeze in press time when Dave is ALWAYS running Wizards, producing discs for a much bigger account like Fly High & designing courses.

I've flipped my plan though again on the next mold to be produced. I am thinking that we are going to go all in with our midrange mold construction instead of the Lid. I know it will pain some folks but the better move in terms of a broad release is the mid.

That's another negative.

If it were up to me we would already have the mold tooled and running but it is tough to squeeze in press time when Dave is ALWAYS running Wizards, producing discs for a much bigger account like Fly High & designing courses.

I've flipped my plan though again on the next mold to be produced. I am thinking that we are going to go all in with our midrange mold construction instead of the Lid. I know it will pain some folks but the better move in terms of a broad release is the mid.

Nice, I'm really excited for a mid in fossil. Still thinking a tweaked warrior?

Nice, I'm really excited for a mid in fossil. Still thinking a tweaked warrior?

Its going to be more of an overhauled Warrior/Karma.

I plan to tool two mold pieces for our mids. One to create a conventional inner rim.

The other to create a slightly more concave lower portion of the wing to increase HSS and fade.

Finally, both pieces will be designed to add a little more meat to the bead. I want this mold to basically have a Roc/Wizard size big bead.

I LOVE the Warrior now but I do sometimes think it is a tick too fast. I believe that a bigger bead will provide the idea stability and speed for a go to midrange. It will provide us with a mold that is unlike the Verdict, Warrior & Hornet because of the bead size. The only mold that this disc will be similar to is going to be the Sentinel. Except ours will be available in Fossil ;)

Also any idea on an ETA? Really looking forward to being able to carry my Gecko with some Scales, Serpents (Just ordered my first two), and the new mid for fun casual rounds.

Also any idea on an ETA? Really looking forward to being able to carry my Gecko with some Scales, Serpents (Just ordered my first two), and the new mid for fun casual rounds.

That all depends on when I can sit down with DaveMac and get a part shape designed. It should not take too long to get moving once we do sit down but who knows when that will be based on our schedules.

Enjoy the Serps man ;)
They're sneaky good. The Scale gets the glory but Serps gets most of my tee shots honestly.

Well I hope you guys can sit down soon.

Maybe if I bombard him with emails about wanting the new RDG mid, he'll find the time;)

That's another negative.

I am 100% all in on yalls mids, fossil plastic is just too good to resist

Also, are you planning on putting your stamp on other company's molds again? Just saw a gravity ghost with one of your stamps sell on the marketplace, would have loved to grab some of those to hold me over until your mid releases...

Also, are you planning on putting your stamp on other company's molds again? Just saw a gravity ghost with one of your stamps sell on the marketplace, would have loved to grab some of those to hold me over until your mid releases...

We put our art on MVP/Axiom all the time bc I've been a GYRO nerd since I started playing.

Legacy won't sell me blanks anymore so I don't see us doing those anytime soon unfortunately.

The only mold that this disc will be similar to is going to be the Sentinel. Except ours will be available in Fossil ;)

I was going to send you hatemail for dropping the promised lid down in the rotation. However, if you make a nice FLAT (like the old San Marino Q) Sentinel like mid in Fossil -- fast, low profile, big bead, ZERO initial turn, strong LSF -- all will be forgiven.

We put our art on MVP/Axiom all the time bc I've been a GYRO nerd since I started playing.

Legacy won't sell me blanks anymore so I don't see us doing those anytime soon unfortunately.

Where can I get these RDG stamped MVP discs and what molds are available?

And just so you know, it really shows how much I like and respect your company when I'm willing to buy/try MVP again to represent your company.

Latest posts